Position 2019 Rucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone giving Lycett genuine thought?
Unclear how long Ryder will be out, might not even miss a game, but I guess with Dixon definitely out for a while, Lycett fwd with a bit of a ruck cameo could be ok and better value than Westhoff. Not sure longer term (H2 of season), though.

ubeaut

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
St Kilda
AFL Club
Essendon
Have fallen back to Gawn/Grundy. Can only see Goldy as an alternative.
Think the 150k isn’t worth it.
My team is too depleted with Gawndy. Midpricers at D3+4 (or midpricer and Ridley/Moore/Rozee) BCrouch at M5 and Greene at F4... YUCK
I can't remember a season where making a decent, balanced team has been this hard.

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
My team is too depleted with Gawndy. Midpricers at D3+4 (or midpricer and Ridley/Moore/Rozee) BCrouch at M5 and Greene at F4... YUCK
I can't remember a season where making a decent, balanced team has been this hard.
Gawn, Grundy and the 5th best rookie will easily make more money and outscore Greene, Goldstein and one of Gawn or Grundy.

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
I’ve decided on gawndy. Doesn’t feel good.

But now weighing up bines/xerri versus sweet.

Chances are that Grundy or Gawn miss a game or two. Brining in a ruck/fwd to cover for a couple of weeks is surely much better isn’t it? Or could you just trade sweet to lycett and then bring in bines when he has to go back to the forwardline?

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Really?
Gawn (115)+ Grundy(115) + Putridsmelly(50) = 280

Gawn/Grundy (115) + Goldy (105) + Greene (80 - 90) = 300 - 310
Gawn and Grundy will average higher than that, as will the 5th best rookie. When the rookie is ready to be culled he will be averaging 60-70 and be worth $350k.
So it's more like:
Gawn (120) and Grundy (120) and F8(60) =320 points for 1.5 Million now, 1.75 million at the bye
VS.
Gawn (120) and Goldstein (105) and Greene (90) = 315 for 1.6 million.

That's not even taking into account that the f8 won't be on the field, and I'm not convinced Goldstein is going to increase his average or that Gawn and Grundy are both going to drop 15 points.

BlazeOfGlory

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2015
North East, Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Gawn and Grundy will average higher than that, as will the 5th best rookie. When the rookie is ready to be culled he will be averaging 60-70 and be worth $350k.
So it's more like:
Gawn (120) and Grundy (120) and F8(60) =320 points for 1.5 Million now, 1.75 million at the bye
VS.

That's not even taking into account that the f8 won't be on the field, and I'm not convinced Goldstein is going to increase his average or that Gawn and Grundy are both going to drop 15 points.

But 120+120+60 does not equal said 320.

So it's more like:
VS.

I'll give you Clark, and Walsh (who realistically isn't even in the argument)...

... Tell me 3 other rookies who'll do that with any kind of confidence at all??

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
I'll give you Clark, and Walsh (who realistically isn't even in the argument)...

... Tell me 3 other rookies who'll do that with any kind of confidence at all??
Based on the JLT, I came up with a list of 25 rookies that could average 60 or more, and there will be others that get picked that will surprise us all. Even after that, there are a potential 4 correction trades that can be made.

But 120+120+60 does not equal said 320.
Yep, you're right. I changed my estimate for Gawn and Grundy down to 120 to make it closer to Ubeaut's estimate. Even then I still think my figures for Gawn/Grundy and the Rookie will still outscore Grundy, Goldstien and Greene.

Based on the JLT, I came up with a list of 25 rookies that could average 60 or more, and there will be others that get picked that will surprise us all. Even after that, there are a potential 4 correction trades that can be made.

Yep, you're right. I changed my estimate for Gawn and Grundy down to 120 to make it closer to Ubeaut's estimate. Even then I still think my figures for Gawn/Grundy and the Rookie will still outscore Grundy, Goldstien and Greene.

25?!
Two-five?
5 squared?
One quarter of one century?... Etc... o_O

*Could* is the key word, but even still I think you were seeing triple.

BlazeOfGlory

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2015
North East, Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda

154E54E0-ED9F-4E3E-B48E-5DD7C475A5C4.gif

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
I don't think 25 different rookies can each score 60 once this year.
15 already have at least once. Players always score more in actual games vs their output in JLT.

In Case people were wondering, Setterfield, D. Moore, Balta, Drew, Gibbons are 5 forwards that are going to average high enough for me not to consider Goldstien and Greene.

15 already have at least once. Players always score more in actual games vs their output in JLT.

In Case people were wondering, Setterfield, D. Moore, Balta, Drew, Gibbons are 5 forwards that are going to average high enough for me not to consider Goldstien and Greene.
don't thing d moore...if you mean dylan...will be named round 1

Oct 17, 2017
Puppies
AFL Club
West Coast

Gibbons is a mid only please stop.

OK campaigners ill give you the good goss.
Rising star and 70 averaging rookie is the slightly expensive but super sexy Oscar Allen :moustache:
Pahleeeze, you can get sexy transgender Moore for the same price.

Players always score more in actual games vs their output in JLT.

That sounds wrong to me but I don't know enough about pre-season rookie scoring histories to dispute it.

Red Syrah

Club Legend
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Soooooo......? In the event that i try something drastic, what is the best alternativr for a R2 option 1 : goldstein and hope he comes within 10 pts of gawndy and make that up using $150 for upgrade
Option 2: lycett / westhoff - play until good gime to bring in other gawndy and move t o fwd line
Option 3 : cheap ruck and hope tomake $150 k then upgrade

Aug 23, 2018
God's country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bianchi
Soooooo......? In the event that i try something drastic, what is the best alternativr for a R2 option 1 : goldstein and hope he comes within 10 pts of gawndy and make that up using $150 for upgrade
Option 2: lycett / westhoff - play until good gime to bring in other gawndy and move t o fwd line
Option 3 : cheap ruck and hope tomake $150 k then upgrade

Either I’ve had one beer too many or I’ve had one beer too many....

Haychh

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Any chance Hickey isn't named R1? I'd very much like Vardy to become a real option

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back