Toast Fremantle's 2nd 2016 National Draft Pick: Sean Darcy [Pick #38]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah didn't someone we gave a pick up for(McCarthy??) get GWS Taranto?
Nah the pick we gave up was mcluggage - they on traded to brisbane with pick 16 to get taranto. We also got logue, darcy and ryan (there's a bunch of picks getting swapped around involving hamling the gold coast and futures but it effectively works out to this).

For gws it was effectively taranto for mcluggage, berry, logue, darcy, ryan and mccarthy

Nah the pick we gave up was mcluggage - they on traded to brisbane with pick 16 to get taranto. We also got logue, darcy and ryan (there's a bunch of picks getting swapped around involving hamling the gold coast and futures but it effectively works out to this).

For gws it was effectively taranto for mcluggage, berry, logue, darcy, ryan and mccarthy

On paper yes but our first rounder was after the pick they had to match to get Setterfield, the Berry pick would’ve been used to match a Perryman bid and all others for Cumming. They may have been able to have another pick in the 20s or 30s had they chosen not to trade ahead of Setterfield’s bid.

All three teams did very well out of it imo.

Corniglio won't be going to Eagles. They can't afford him.
Hawthorn is his destination, or he stays at GWS.
we'd have to make him our highest paid player to poach him

Nobody thought Jesse Hogan was taking a $300,000 a year pay cut to play at Freo, until it happened.

Nobody thought Jesse Hogan was taking a $300,000 a year pay cut to play at Freo, until it happened.
Yeah but Jesse always liked Fremantle, Coniglio has made it clear he's not a fan of the Dockers - kind of like Tim Kelly. You don't take a pay cut to go to a club you don't like.

I actually have no issue with Coniglio being paid an amount that would make him highest or second highest paid. That would be a true reflection of his standing if he came to the club.

Freo might as well (and will no doubt) have a decent crack at him so we don’t die wondering but if it doesn’t happen so be it. He will cost a club a lot of money.

For the record I agree with you that the Hawks are the biggest player aside from GWS who have prepared for this coming the past 2 seasons.

Our academy kid looks the goods and we will likely get another early draft pick which we need to nail on a quality midfielder.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be surprised to see Coniglio at WC. They've managed to give huge contracts to Naitanui, Gaff, McGovern and Yeo. Not to mention some other good players. I'm sure they are finding ways to pay guys off the books. I would hope we are as well.

There should be absolutely no way in any way shape or form WC can bring in Kelly AND Coniglio. That would be the most incredible list management I have ever seen.

Conigilio alone would be amazing since it will be a mill plus and they have the highest paid player in the AFL already

Would you pay Coniglio just behind Fyfe?

Hell yes.

He instantly plugs the gaping midfield hole we have...and kicks us into the top 8 minimum

Hell yeh

Also WCE are open and on the record that they are tight on the salary cap. To even squeeze in Kelly they are relying on Naitanui taking a pay cut. I’d be guessing but I’m very certain that GWS can pay a heck of a lot more than WCE.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wouldn't be surprised to see Coniglio at WC. They've managed to give huge contracts to Naitanui, Gaff, McGovern and Yeo. Not to mention some other good players. I'm sure they are finding ways to pay guys off the books. I would hope we are as well.
If they are finding ways to pay them off the books, why give huge contracts to Natanui, Gaff, McGovern and Yeo (and Coniglio)? You pay off the books so that you don't give huge contracts.

Hmmm.

He's obviously not a finished product and he needs to play more games but geez..... Needs to tidy up his bodywork and stop gifting the opposition easy outs.

He should have dominated this game. Wet weather against a pair of backup rucks.

Maybe rest him if his leg is sore and give Meek a couple games.

Hmmm.

He's obviously not a finished product and he needs to play more games but geez..... Needs to tidy up his bodywork and stop gifting the opposition easy outs.

He should have dominated this game. Wet weather against a pair of backup rucks.

Maybe rest him if his leg is sore and give Meek a couple games.
What’s with the frees though? Happens in every single game yet Darcy is suddenly singled out? Had a mare though. Should’ve dropped him due to the weather

Sean needs to improve his discipline. Cant keep blaming the umpires when it happens every week.

Should sean be getting some free kicks in return probably. But he shouldn't be giving away multiple ones away himself every week. It just sets the team on the backfoot and lose territory straight away without the opposition working for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back