Tom Mitchell, recovering from a broken leg and now a Hawk until the end of 2023

I guess the obvious question is whether Tom Mitchell will be allowed to use his adamantium claws during play?

He'll be handy cutting oranges at Half Time whilst he's out with injury!
Marking the ball is always going to be a problem.

CD Xbow

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I guess the obvious question is whether Tom Mitchell will be allowed to use his adamantium claws during play?
He'll be handy cutting oranges at Half Time whilst he's out with injury!
Marking the ball is always going to be a problem.

You know how much I hate to correct you Grumble, but marking will not be problem at all, with the ball skewered by the claws I would expect some real speccy one handers. The problem becomes one of disposing of the deflated Sherrin.

Shaking hands is defineitely out as is self abuse.

You know how much I hate to correct you Grumble, but marking will not be problem at all, with the ball skewered by the claws I would expect some real speccy one handers. The problem becomes one of disposing of the deflated Sherrin.

Shaking hands is defineitely out as is self abuse.
Yep, should have seen that one coming.. On the other hand... definitely is spelled definitely. :)

But I meant he would slice it in four pieces that would just fly past, didn't consider skewering.

Dec 22, 2007
Torquay
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting story on AFL about Charlie Dixon coming back from his broken leg & dislocated ankle that was done in round 21 last year.

It seems that they thought he would be ready to go round 1 but soreness has set him back.

I would have thought a round 1 start for such a big fella would have been pretty bloody optimistic!

I’m just disappointed that no one has photoshopped Tom mitchell’s Face onto wolverine’s body....;) ;) ;)
Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 10.16.52 am.png

This is genuinely nightmare material...

Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
There are no other teams
The guy is a beast and regardless of when he comes back, I'm sure that he'll make sure he's done his best, to come back that same beast.
I have a feeling if we are in contention then we will see Tommy sometime in August, if we are out of the top 8 picture then its cotton wool time.

COKEandCOLA

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have a feeling if we are in contention then we will see Tommy sometime in August, if we are out of the top 8 picture then its cotton wool time.

Quite possibly, however I would like to think we wouldn't risk his well being so that we can have him play finals.

If we're confident that he's fully fit and it'd pose no long term ill effects to his wellbeing, he'll play for sure.

If not, I'm more than sure the club will hold him back so that he can get himself right.

syl97

Team Captain
Jan 20, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Back