Cardinal Pell honorary role with Richmond - Is this the last straw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
I heard in North Korea everyone must have a portrait of the Supreme Leader in their loungeroom. They have police doing random spot checks and if you are found not to have a portrait you are thrown in jail.

Peggy should enforce this for Richmond members. All members should have a portrait of Jack Dyer in the lounge room. Failure to do so would result in a term of 5 years hard labour.
China has a CCTV based social credit surveillance system....on Bolt. Can't stand the **** & Disappointed to find out he was a richmond supporter. But he was charged and convicted by a court, for the racist article. It ended there for me. I think we have a relative of Geoff Clarke working at punt road. He has been dragged into legal proceedings for his old man's actions. I would not disassosciate him from the club.

Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
China has a CCTV based social credit surveillance system....on Bolt. Can't stand the **** & Disappointed to find out he was a richmond supporter. But he was charged and convicted by a court, for the racist article. It ended there for me. I think we have a relative of Geoff Clarke working at punt road. He has been dragged into legal proceedings for his old man's actions. I would not disassosciate him from the club.
I think Bolts an arse. But he is not in an official role at the club and the club in no way promotes his views or membership. He is just a rank and file member. I too was unaware he supported Richmond. If the club cancelled his membership because of his criminal record or views I don't even know how that would stand legally never mind the media frenzy from the Murdoch press.

Last edited:

roacheee

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Aug 25, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
"two articles written by Bolt for his employer, the Herald and Weekly Times, implied light-skinned people who identified as Aboriginal did so for personal gain."

"Today Federal Court Justice Mordecai Bromberg found Bolt had breached the act because the articles were not written in good faith and contained factual errors."

so, his premise may have been correct, but the article was deliberately skewed with 'factual errors'.
poor old bolty, he tried pulling a michael moore and came unstuck

parmy2balmey

stay moderated
Sep 15, 2016
under the bain marie
AFL Club
Richmond
1552522397794.jpeg

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
Can’t take a blokes membership away for having racist views. Would be a different story if he was sprinkling Richmond and spouting race hate. Even campaigners are allowed to go to the footy, in fact plenty of his readers will be there in the mcc and general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I am a filthy centrist. Can I keep my membership?
No, you’re too indecisive, shows a lack of conviction so you’re out.
Turn off the lights as you leave

Craze

Premiership Player
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
interesting debate re. Bolt- I'm in the camp that he should lose membership, racist at the game, racist elsewhere, should be treated the same
And whom sits in judgement of what is deemed 'racist'.

If I think Islam (as it is practiced in places like Saudi Arabia and Pakistan) is a disgusting religion (because of the mutilation of girls, forced marriage, requirements for women to cover their entire bodies if they go out in public, public beheadings/'honour killings' by the moral police, etc. etc.), and happen to say this in public, do I also lose my Richmond membership? I'm not saying that I am right on this issue, but surely I have a right to hold and express a view.

How do you know that Bolt is 'racist at the game'? Have you sat next to him?

Bogan bloke who beats the **** out his wife and kids, bullies his co-workers and gets into 1 road rage incident per day, but doesn't have a criminal record, he's fine to keep his membership?

Are Brendan and Peggy going to sit down and strike off 5,000 members who disagree with same-sex marriage (actually the number would be more like 35,000 if we go with the Victorian plebiscite numbers)? What about if a third wave feminist comes out and says that she hates all white men. Does she get to keep her membership because it fits in with the warped ideology of the Left, with their war on men, the wealthy, jews and Christianity?

Fair dinkum I'm sick of the virtue signallers who clearly have nothing better to do with their time than take offence (is this their full time job?) at people for holding an opinion counter to theirs. I was young in the 70's but lived through it - and I would never have thought it would be Conservatives trying to defend free speech, and the Left trying to tear it down.

Fair dinkum I'm sick of the virtue signallers who clearly have nothing better to do with their time than take offence (is this their full time job?) at people for holding an opinion counter to theirs. I was young in the 70's but lived through it - and I would never have thought it would be Conservatives trying to defend free speech, and the Left trying to tear it down.

It's bizarre isn't it? To think that as a uni student I railed against tipper gore and those ******* "parental advisory - explicit lyrics" stickers yet now we have uni students railing for trigger warnings on textbooks. The world has gone ******* mad.

Imagine the Dead Kennedys, they'd be hung out to dry for the lyrics to Holiday in Cambodia. NWA would probably get a free pass though because "people of color". Prodigy wouldn't even get a record deal.

Kids should be rioting about the environment and overpopulation, and feminists should be rioting about Islamic oppression but instead we get this kind of trivial hand wringing shite.

Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
It's bizarre isn't it? To think that as a uni student I railed against tipper gore and those ******* "parental advisory - explicit lyrics" stickers yet now we have uni students railing for trigger warnings on textbooks. The world has gone ******* mad.

Imagine the Dead Kennedys, they'd be hung out to dry for the lyrics to Holiday in Cambodia. NWA would probably get a free pass though because "people of color". Prodigy wouldn't even get a record deal.

Kids should be rioting about the environment and overpopulation, and feminists should be rioting about Islamic oppression but instead we get this kind of trivial hand wringing shite.
I blame social media. There was a meltdown today for the millenniums. Facebook was down this morning worldwide. The 70s and 80s was a great time to live lots more freedom.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Bolt is a dickhead but if people have nothing better to do with their time but pretend to be superior in their views about anything and everything and want him to be stripped of his membership then the world is stuffed. Who cares what he thinks. That should not be a reason to cancel memberships. I guarantee you that there are many more members who have done a lot worse than Bolt in their lives that continue to be members and so they should. What sort of police state shizen world do people actually want to live in? FMD.

Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Bolt is a dickhead but if people have nothing better to do with their time but pretend to be superior in their views about anything and everything and want him to be stripped of his membership then the world is stuffed. Who cares what he thinks. That should not be a reason to cancel memberships. I guarantee you that there are many more members who have done a lot worse than Bolt in their lives that continue to be members and so they should. What sort of police state shizen world do people actually want to live in? FMD.
Well said. Nailed it.

Plenty of those people would post on BF as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back