2019 Memberships Released

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure seems like that there's a growing unease, impatience within "the Carlton faithful" with the direction of the Club; if what the journo leads me to believe are true

I think for what our on field results were last year it is a great base line

A known fact that we have one of the largest supporter base in the league, the work now will be converting them to members
Every time our membership numbers look disappointing, that information features in the media commentary, so I'm fully aware of it. :p

The blues last year had almost $62m in revenue, just under $9m came from memberships and reserved seating, just over $2m came from gate receipts. In 2015 & 2016 we had roughly $54m in revenue, $8.6m was from memberships and about $2m was from gate receipts.

Memberships are much less about revenue and much more about clout with the AFL, access to big games and FTA and getting a big home team turn out.
I was talking direct revenue.
I wasn't. Total revenue grows dramatically through people jumping on board, and that starts with members and all the revenue streams that they directly and indirectly touch.

Unless we're about to start a dramatically successful hedge fund or dabble in largely external business models (Liddle has obviously done the latter before), memberships (whether that be related to seating or future non-matchday packages) are also the greatest area for revenue growth in our business, though that's currently impacted by football department spending caps. In fact, it's probably the means to acquire the seed capital for said external business opportunities.

I noted attendance matters because that creates an atmosphere that also makes our games more of a tourism spectacle, as well as a boost for the playing group (and potential signings). The only problem is how ugly some of our supporters can be when we don't play perfect football (a side effect of not being relevant for almost 20 years).

It's like expecting the Australia Cricket Team to ever be as dominant as it was under Steve Waugh ever again. It wouldn't be a great leap forward if you could make them every 5 years. The game changed, and it got equalised, and such people need to accept they were spoilt brats the whole way through that era.

Hoping someone on here can help me out with this one (and if not in the right thread please move).

I live in ADL and have bought the 1 reserved R1 + 2 games membership recently promoted by the club.

When I rang and spoke to the membership team earlier in the week I was told I didn't need to buy a ticket for the R1 game. But in a previous article on the CFC website it said you needed to reserve a seat using your membership number.

They mentioned the tickets would be emailed out to me closer to the game so just wondering if anyone else on here has purchased the same membership and can shed any light on their understanding of the process?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

What a footy club we are.

Indeed. Was at an onsen place today with the good lady wife, and as we were leaving the restaurant, another couple commented on the “great team” I was repping with my cap. The husband even said we’ll win a dozen games. Myself and his wife laughed and both said we’d be okay with half that haha but love his enthusiasm.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

CafeUpdateJuly2015.jpg

what was on the menu?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone considered that we haven't actually signed up any new members, we've simply just convinced our existing members to sign up earlier?
Well, now you have.

It doesn't work that way exclusively and it's clear we've signed up more earlier, but it's also clear we'll exceed our target this year and possibly by up to 5K.

If we went pro-rata from this time last year to out final figure, we'd be in the 68K range.
That's probably out of range unless something remarkable comes about through the first half of the season, but anything heading towards 65K would be absolutely brilliant.
You have to get in early as people can either start to lose interest or just put things down to a 'we'll do it next year' thing.

Club has done remarkably well to date and doesn't feel as any stone will be left unturned. They'll find those crabs. :)

hmmm.. Booking tickets mid morning yesterday and seems lots of AFL Members reserve exhausted already. If you leave it too late to reserve tickets for this game think there will be none left. Think a lot of bandwagoners have joined in with the hype around Walsh and more guess pass tickets sold than normal. I am expecting a sell out.

Navy blue. CARLTON FOOTBALL CLUB along the whole of one side. Any BOUND BY BLUE along the other side with 2 traditional logos at each end.

Shout out to the CFC Membership Department. I’ve booked upgrades for Round 1 for me and my son for the paltry amount of $14.90.

Things didn’t look rosy last night. Ticketek advised all upgrades were gone. While I was prepared to pay $45 plus booking fee my son, yet again, baulked at the expense. I baulked at just turning up to the game without a guaranteed seat. Result. We won’t go. The famous Mexican Standoff.

This came shortly after my internet speed was cut to 256 as a result of us exceeding our 500gb for the month. We’ve never done that before and it wouldn’t have anything to do with my son and his girlfriend living with us for the past month (would it?)

So relations were strained as we bade goodnight to each other.

So Robbo is lying in bed with his wi-fi turned off and using his 90gb limit on his Vodafone contract thinking this can’t be right. I have a god given right to attend Carlton matches at the MCG.

So I emailed the Membership Department. I received a reply advising Ticketek had not released all of the upgraded tickets however this should be fixed this afternoon.

Therein lies my positive experience with Carlton and my continuing less than happy experience with my son.

Bolts for Coach and President and CEO.......
Seriously, this man has the gift of communication that our club has failed in for 25 years.
The knockers on Bolton have to understand one thing. He alone has brought our club into the new era that we missed completely way way back and kept missing with that line up of new coaches and changes of board. And he is making the abysmal past a thing of the past. One step at a time.

Seriously, this man has the gift of communication that our club has failed in for 25 years.
The knockers on Bolton have to understand one thing. He alone has brought our club into the new era that we missed completely way way back and kept missing with that line up of new coaches and changes of board. And he is making the abysmal past a thing of the past. One step at a time.

I'd say the opposite until perhaps the last 6 months.

It's been mentioned here that Bolton hasn't been much a fan of media access to players or open training sessions.

I think the one we should be thanking for the communication and greater access is Cain Liddle. IIRC MS3 to TCP recently noted that Liddle was directing to Carlton Media to make our supporters "fall in love with Carlton again". We are now seeing the product of this intent.

The change in culture Bolton has brought to the place has been amazing. Very positive and everyone happy.

Biggest congrats to MLG. He started this, set us on the right track and brought in the right people

Remove this Banner Ad

Back