News 2019 St Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt you'll get that up. The UN would step in. Cruel and unusual punishment as well as torture are forbidden under the Human Rights charter.

You mean this UN?
They don’t have a problem with cruel and unusual punishment...or torture
:(

ED52EBF6-01FF-4D75-9A8F-12DF9E1E3600.jpeg

You mean this UN?
They don’t have a problem with cruel and unusual punishment...or torture
:(

View attachment 634697

I was hoping you wouldn't raise that because it destroys my argument completely. The UN has now added compulsory supporting of St. Kilda as an acceptable sanction.

I was hoping you wouldn't raise that because it destroys my argument completely. The UN has now added compulsory supporting of St. Kilda as an acceptable sanction.
As well as supporting the Saints, I believe that recidivists should be forced to watch Richo's engrossing post match press conferences, on a continuous loop, for the entirety of their incarceration. These criminals need to be sent a "strong" message and the resulting drop in re-offending would be "very pleasing"

Just on Richo and his press conferences. I fully expect that Ratten will be used regularly in post match press conferences.
I would welcome this change because I could not watch Richo after a loss. The vitriol that would spew out of my mouth would make a modern rap singer blush.

As well as supporting the Saints, I believe that recidivists should be forced to watch Richo's engrossing post match press conferences, on a continuous loop, for the entirety of their incarceration. These criminals need to be sent a "strong" message and the resulting drop in re-offending would be "very pleasing"

Just on Richo and his press conferences. I fully expect that Ratten will be used regularly in post match press conferences.
I would welcome this change because I could not watch Richo after a loss. The vitriol that would spew out of my mouth would make a modern rap singer blush.
Like this?

9a5.jpg

Like I said, maybe.

There's an assumed risk for a kid playing sport and an assumed risk for a club selecting a kid.

If Paddy was a pick 40, I doubt we'd be having this discussion.

I don't think anyone has raised it for Robbo, who is 100 times a better player.

As mentioned, I reckon we need a mid year draft for injuries. Club can either top up for immediate needs or pick for the future.

There is a mid year draft for injuries: https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-07/midseason-draft-when-is-it-and-how-will-it-work

The mid-season draft, the AFL's first since 1993, will be held the week of June 3 – just prior to the bye rounds commencing.
Seven clubs currently have list spots available and will subsequently be able to take part in the draft. Carlton is the only club with multiple spots available with three vacancies.
However, clubs can still have spots open up on their list should a player succumb to either a long-term injury or prematurely retire from the game. There will be no deadline on when teams can open list spots prior to the mid-season draft.
It's understood players recruited during the mid-season draft will earn a contract for the remainder of the season, though they will have the option of negotiating terms for an extension at any period throughout the year.

There is a mid year draft for injuries: https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-07/midseason-draft-when-is-it-and-how-will-it-work

The mid-season draft, the AFL's first since 1993, will be held the week of June 3 – just prior to the bye rounds commencing.
Seven clubs currently have list spots available and will subsequently be able to take part in the draft. Carlton is the only club with multiple spots available with three vacancies.
However, clubs can still have spots open up on their list should a player succumb to either a long-term injury or prematurely retire from the game. There will be no deadline on when teams can open list spots prior to the mid-season draft.
It's understood players recruited during the mid-season draft will earn a contract for the remainder of the season, though they will have the option of negotiating terms for an extension at any period throughout the year.
What can I say?

I'm a visionary...

Didn't realise that. Thanks for the heads up.

Now throwing the Cho's press conference into the mix is going too far. You, sir, are a monster!

We wouldn't get a compensation pick for either Paddy or Robbo if they had to retire. And I wouldn't expect one.

But there is something I would like the club to push for if the latter has to hang up his boots.

Given the unique nature of his illness/injury; the horrifying way it transpired in full public view; the fact he has two loving sons (and of course a daughter) and is currently stranded on 91 games for the Saints, I think it would be a nice touch if the AFL granted special dispensation to him in regards to the Father/Son rule.

I think everyone would win from a gesture like that, and it would be a real feelgood moment in an otherwise sad story.
What do ya reckon George ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone hearing the rumours that Robbo may announce retirement today?

Please be wrong.
I hate to say it but yes...….a little birdie whispered that in my ear Wed night.

Little birdie also put Paddy in that boat too.

It was heart sinking hearing that(praying it's not the case) but logically......it did make a lot of sense.

I’m glad we are signing another Key Defender replacement, however I’m a little baffled as to why we’ve gone for a 32 year old bloke who was cut from Carlton. I’ve always admired him as a person, but never really rated him as a footballer.
I’m surprised we haven’t gone for someone in their prime from the state leagues.

I’m glad we are signing another Key Defender replacement, however I’m a little baffled as to why we’ve gone for a 32 year old bloke who was cut from Carlton. I’ve always admired him as a person, but never really rated him as a footballer.
I’m surprised we haven’t gone for someone in their prime from the state leagues.
Serves as insurance now in 2019 and makes it easy to jettison him at the end of the year to free up list spots.

I'm comfortable with it.

Do they have to be formerly listed players? I’m not sure who was available if that’s the case.

pure stop gap measure. Simples.

Problem with a state league player is they may not make the step up to AFL.

Rowe os a proven player, regardless of his level.

He can come in and do a job.

If you want a state league player, then just rill the dice with one of our existing kids.

I'm tipping he won't play unless we have severe injuries.

Club will get games into Austin and Clav. And then Brown is back in round two.

pure stop gap measure. Simples.

Problem with a state league player is they may not make the step up to AFL.

Rowe os a proven player, regardless of his level.

He can come in and do a job.

If you want a state league player, then just rill the dice with one of our existing kids.

I'm tipping he won't play unless we have severe injuries.

Club will get games into Austin and Clav. And then Brown is back in round two.

Definitely. More chance of Marsh playing than Rowe. But if Brown should get injured ( he’s not a spring chicken you know) at least Rowe is there as a back up.

Hopefully Marsh lands up being a keeper for us. He’s still young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back