2019 PODs

How many PODs are in your starting team?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Really really really want CENTRE BOUNCE ATTENDANCE STATS if anyone could be so kind to watch all the games and note who attends and then put them in a nice easy to understand spreadsheet and then post it on here.
Thanks in advance to the most splendid kent who does this :thumbsu::fire::thumbsu:

Really really really want CENTRE BOUNCE ATTENDANCE STATS if anyone could be so kind to watch all the games and note who attends and then put them in a nice easy to understand spreadsheet and then post it on here.
Thanks in advance to the most splendid kent who does this :thumbsu::fire::thumbsu:

What is the splendid kent getting in return for this? :moustache:

Steele (1.4%)
Hurn (5.9%)

Also excuse my Essendon bias but I do think Hepp could be a decent POD, especially if you are aiming for winning leagues rather than rank. Offers consistency and durability:
-averaged 104,100,102 last 3 years
-played 22 games last 3 years
-went below 80 only 3 times last year (1 concussion-affected) with 13 100+scores
-addition of Shiel may possibly free him up a little bit more

*also, finished 12th overall for total pts for MIDs last season.

Steele (1.4%)
Hurn (5.9%)

Also excuse my Essendon bias but I do think Hepp could be a decent POD, especially if you are aiming for winning leagues rather than rank. Offers consistency and durability:
-went below 80 only 3 times last year (1 concussion-affected) with 13 100+scores

Personally, I found Heps scoring a little vanilla. I think there are other mids this year that are cheaper with far more upside

Steele (1.4%)
Hurn (5.9%)

Interesting note if anyone does end up taking Heppell - Since returning from the ban, his round 1 scores are 152 and 142.

A sneaky C could be in order.

Mitch Robinson starting to appeal over Kelly or Walters at F3. Ownership 0.8%

Shoot me now.
On my never again - last year brought him in with +100 avg to help over byes, 1 game later he got injured right across the byes and then did sub 90

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At what point does becoming so POD obsessive, start being detrimental to your team?

Take my Bont vs Dustbin dilemma.

Dusbin has gone SP before, looks underpriced and has the 'potential' to be another top 10 mid this year. Last year he was poor and you'd expect him to bounce back.

Bont on the other hand, who i had last year, is obviously a massive POD, but i'm not convinced he has Dusty's ceiling or the ability to be a super SP.

And yet Dustbins 28% ownership absolutely disgusts me. Bont has 3% FFS.

I like having POD's, it's funner that way and makes the game more enjoyable... but there has to be a point where you just say, "Relton is too good not to have"

Bont has been forced into a POD this year. Macrae and Libba has made him so overlooked and if you think about it, it's a clear Flippenning of last year (Bont being the popular choice with high %, while Macrae was in only like 3% of teams going into round 1). Going into 2018, Macrae was just flying under the radar, while Bont had hype.....then Macrae decided he wanted to turn into a beast and thus we now have the FOMO on him. Otherwise i see no reason why his ownership is so low, given his rankings amongst the highest scoring/averaging mids?? No injuries, played both JLT games (looked great), has noticeably had a good preseason, there is no fud over him really except for the obvious points and options out there.

Anyways i love my POD premos, or this year now midpricers even, going into round 1.

At the moment, i have 2 in the backline, 2 in mids, 1 in forwards, but this could change.

I also think around this number is ok, 4-6ish range for premo/keepers, anymore then you're just being POD happy with a higher risk factor.

Last edited:
Ben Cunnington is my POD.

I can see him really benefiting from the 666 rule and pushing his overall and contested possessions up.

He's a contested beast and having a little less traffic at centre clearances should allow him to get more of the pill and get it out effectively.

From a SC perspective it would make a big difference to see his kick/handball ratio improve which I think will happen if he doesn't have as many opponents hanging off him in the guts.

One suave *

At what point does becoming so POD obsessive, start being detrimental to your team?

Take my Bont vs Dustbin dilemma.

Dusbin has gone SP before, looks underpriced and has the 'potential' to be another top 10 mid this year. Last year he was poor and you'd expect him to bounce back.

Bont on the other hand, who i had last year, is obviously a massive POD, but i'm not convinced he has Dusty's ceiling or the ability to be a super SP.

And yet Dustbins 28% ownership absolutely disgusts me. Bont has 3% FFS.

I like having POD's, it's funner that way and makes the game more enjoyable... but there has to be a point where you just say, "Relton is too good not to have"
PODs are fun but they're ultimately a bit of a wank because if they're any good, they won't stay PODs for long and if they're s**t, they're an albatross around your neck.
Go the blokes with the best prospects, you'll end up making ground up on or getting ahead of the rest by looping your clacker off, choosing the right captain or not copping 64,235 unnecessary doughies come the byes, no bonus points for PODliness*.
Bont is a star, but the dustbuster probably sees more mid time, is apparently fit as and maybe shades The Full Bonty by a hair. If that's how you see it, then go Dusty.

This post was brought to you by whatever beer J'm drinking and the letters G and W.

* Unless that POD is Smackdog McKernan, that beautiful, upstanding young bloodnut. Then you should pick that goer and straight up C him every ******* week.

Interesting note if anyone does end up taking Heppell - Since returning from the ban, his round 1 scores are 152 and 142.

A sneaky C could be in order.
i'm sure there's a joke in their somewhere involving Bombers players, Hep C and intravenous drug use but we've probably moved past all that now.

Bont has been forced into a POD this year. Macrae and Libba has made him so overlooked and if you think about it, it's a clear Flippenning of last year (Bont being the popular choice with high %, while Macrae was in only like 3% of teams going into round 1). Going into 2018, Macrae was just flying under the radar, while Bont had hype.....then Macrae decided he wanted to turn into a beast and thus we now have the FOMO on him. Otherwise i see no reason why his ownership is so low, given his rankings amongst the highest scoring/averaging mids?? No injuries, played both JLT games (looked great), has noticeably had a good preseason, there is no fud over him really except for the obvious points and options out there.

Anyways i love my POD premos, or this year now midpricers even, going into round 1.

At the moment, i have 2 in the backline, 2 in mids, 1 in forwards, but this could change.

I also think around this number is ok, 4-6ish range for premo/keepers, anymore then you're just being POD happy with a higher risk factor.

I don't think its so much that he's a bad pick but he is up against a ton of value options in the midfield, including guys with more certain roles through the midfield that can absolutely rack it up. So for example Matt Crouch/Dustin Martin/Zac Merrett/Rory Sloane etc are all cheaper than him and its probably a coin flip whether they outscore him. Then on the other side the more expensive guys like Cripps, Macrae, Oliver, Fyfe and Kelly just rack up those contested possessions through the midfield in a volume that is hard to match.

Personally my issue with Bontempelli is he never finds enough ball. Rarely ever hits 30 touches, ever. Can still score really well from less touches obviously but as we saw from Mitchell last year, getting lots and lots of ball is a pretty good thing and makes it much easier/more reliable to achieve consistent high scoring. I see Bont as a worthy POD but as the season gets closer its hard to turn down those cheaper options.

I don't think its so much that he's a bad pick but he is up against a ton of value options in the midfield, including guys with more certain roles through the midfield that can absolutely rack it up. So for example Matt Crouch/Dustin Martin/Zac Merrett/Rory Sloane etc are all cheaper than him and its probably a coin flip whether they outscore him. Then on the other side the more expensive guys like Cripps, Macrae, Oliver, Fyfe and Kelly just rack up those contested possessions through the midfield in a volume that is hard to match.

Personally my issue with Bontempelli is he never finds enough ball. Rarely ever hits 30 touches, ever. Can still score really well from less touches obviously but as we saw from Mitchell last year, getting lots and lots of ball is a pretty good thing and makes it much easier/more reliable to achieve consistent high scoring. I see Bont as a worthy POD but as the season gets closer its hard to turn down those cheaper options.
I have Dusty in my team but I am starting to be tempted to swap him for Bont - Dusty had 30 touches in JLT2 for a sub-100 score.
Bont is risky because he can spend a lot more time forward but with Libba & Dunkley hopefully he gets released to a more outside role where he scored big in the late rounds of 2018.

The risk is Dusty gets back to his 2017 form where we was simply a beast.

Back