Radio 1116 SEN 2023 Line-up

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I dont disagree. But it was interesting given pickers also lacks polish on air.
It was ironic.

Pickering has a very sandpaper gravel voice, not suited to radio.

But still easier on the ear than Terry Wallace’s voice.

Does terry know he has a dreadful voice?

indevelopment

Debutant
Sep 27, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
It was ironic.

Pickering has a very sandpaper gravel voice, not suited to radio.

But still easier on the ear than Terry Wallace’s voice.

Does terry know he has a dreadful voice?
He got whacked in the windpipe during his playing days, if I recall correctly. That was before Grinter tried to take his head off, too.

Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
I would hazard a guess KB and Doc pull in enough of the 60+ male to keep them on air, but I'm surprised they haven't been moved to Midday this year for just a couple of hours. If they want Andy, then throw him on at 2-4, then get semi-serious with a professional (or even two if then can find another) to run 4-7. Dare I say it - Finey and Rohan might be these pros to provide interesting enough banter over the footy months ahead.

They need to break up the monotony of the same voices over long stretches of time. I've barely bothered so far this year tuning in - each time I do, Terry Wallace seems to be on. Does he not have a life?

Aug 10, 2011
Somewhere near Rachael Neiberding
AFL Club
Carlton
I would hazard a guess KB and Doc pull in enough of the 60+ male to keep them on air, but I'm surprised they haven't been moved to Midday this year for just a couple of hours. If they want Andy, then throw him on at 2-4, then get semi-serious with a professional (or even two if then can find another) to run 4-7. Dare I say it - Finey and Rohan might be these pros to provide interesting enough banter over the footy months ahead.

They need to break up the monotony of the same voices over long stretches of time. I've barely bothered so far this year tuning in - each time I do, Terry Wallace seems to be on. Does he not have a life?
I agree. I think the main slots are best to be a sports version of the ABC/3AW lineups (Or at least intended). Whateley is a serious broadcaster with clout in the morning (Like Faine and Mitchell are for general social/political affairs), with the drive hosts capable of being serious (Like Raf Epstien is at least, if Tom Elliot is not considered good enough). The rest of the slots being lightweight listening.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've barely bothered so far this year tuning in - each time I do, Terry Wallace seems to be on. Does he not have a life?
Nobody takes Terry Wallace as seriously as Terry Wallace.

Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
I agree. I think the main slots are best to be a sports version of the ABC/3AW lineups (Or at least intended). Whateley is a serious broadcaster with clout in the morning (Like Faine and Mitchell are for general social/political affairs), with the drive hosts capable of being serious (Like Raf Epstien is at least, if Tom Elliot is not considered good enough). The rest of the slots being lightweight listening.

Exactly - the audience KB and Doc attract are mainly retired gents enjoying a beer and a whinge before the wife brings in their dinner. They will still listen at Midday while they enjoy a beer and a whinge while the wife is out shopping.

The audience tuning in after 4 are after some news, some reporting, the days updates and what's going to happen on the weekend. They really don't give a fig about the greatest board-games of the 1960s or the top 10 players under 4 foot to have played back-pocket during the 1920s.

Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
Nobody takes Terry Wallace as seriously as Terry Wallace.

He seems to think the Tigers, Pies, Dees and Eagles are certainties for Top 4, but again, he repeats - "It's early days yet! Alot of water to go under that bridge! You never know what can happen!"

FFS.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
He seems to think the Tigers, Pies, Dees and Eagles are certainties for Top 4, but again, he repeats - "It's early days yet! Alot of water to go under that bridge! You never know what can happen!"

FFS.
Be careful, he’ll start doing his golf scores.

And then boringly explain how he uses the golf scoring system to rate the teams in a game played.

Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
Be careful, he’ll start doing his golf scores.

And then boringly explain how he uses the golf scoring system to rate the teams in a game played.

"Well Andy, this week I'm giving the Hawthorn Football Club - my old team, if you can remember..."

"Yeah, I remember, Terry, the might Hawks, go on, go on..."

"I'm giving the Hawks that very rare shot in golf..."

"Oh, Terry, don't tell me? Don't tell me you're going there, Terry? Wait for it audience, wait for it..."

"Yes Andy, this week the Hawks shot an albatross."

"I don't believe it, Terry - an albatross. Now remind listeners Terry, what's an...what is an albatross? Now we're not talking about the big bird in the sky, Terry, are we. We're talkin' about...what you're basically saying...let me get this right...the Hawks shot 3 under on a par 5. Is that what you're telling the listeners, Terry? The albo..."

"Yes, Andy, the Hawthorn Football Club pulled out the one wood..."

"Oh, geez, Terry - the one wood!!! Blimey...listeners, call in...do you agree with Terry Wallace...oh geez, Terry, the text machine has gone into meltdown. An albotross. I don't believe it Terry, I just don't believe it. You heard it here, folks. Amazing. Just amazing."

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
"Well Andy, this week I'm giving the Hawthorn Football Club - my old team, if you can remember..."

"Oh, Terry, don't tell me? Don't tell me you're going there, Terry? Wait for it audience, wait for it..."

"I don't believe it, Terry - an albatross. Now remind listeners Terry, what's an...what is an albatross? Now we're not talking about the big bird in the sky, Terry, are we. We're talkin' about...what you're basically saying...let me get this right...the Hawks shot 3 under on a par 5. Is that what you're telling the listeners, Terry? The albo..."

"Oh, geez, Terry - the one wood!!! Blimey...listeners, call in...do you agree with Terry Wallace...oh geez, Terry, the text machine has gone into meltdown. An albotross. I don't believe it Terry, I just don't believe it. You heard it here, folks. Amazing. Just amazing."
Outstanding
Loved it.

Ofcourse the Hawks would have won that game by 5 points against Carlton ;)

The one wood. God that's creeping into the footy vernacular.

Oct 29, 2007
Lake Oval
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SMFC. PMFC,OAFC
Exactly - the audience KB and Doc attract are mainly retired gents enjoying a beer and a whinge before the wife brings in their dinner. They will still listen at Midday while they enjoy a beer and a whinge while the wife is out shopping.

The audience tuning in after 4 are after some news, some reporting, the days updates and what's going to happen on the weekend. They really don't give a fig about the greatest board-games of the 1960s or the top 10 players under 4 foot to have played back-pocket during the 1920s.
I really enjoyed KB on his own at 9 and loved the Friday's with Richo off to the races. Find myself listening , but not taking notice. The best teams are now very boring , what next the s**t blokes of the century !

I really enjoyed KB on his own at 9 and loved the Friday's with Richo off to the races. Find myself listening , but not taking notice. The best teams are now very boring , what next the s**t blokes of the century !

Spot on. Its the sign of laziness, just make up a team, fill in time. Akin to gary and tim playing the captains game asking who would you have rance or mcgovern?

Wait for any mark in the goal-square to be called a gimme this year, with some commentators wondering why we don't just give the six points straight away to save time.
It doesnt even make sense, the one wood. It's just a club that goes the longest.

Footy people think the one wood is the go to, the lay down maz air type. Don't they know its different for every golfer?

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
SEN had more tech problems this morning, at least on digital. There were long periods of music and other blocks of dead air. Hutchy and Pickers said it was a power problem for the area which also affected other stations, but I smell bulldust. Is that true?
FFS, Hutcho, spend some cash where it counts: keeping the station on air. To state the obvious: being off air will lose ad revenue and make people change station

Last edited:
Back