PIES Membership Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Atleast we have real members unlike Richmond’s membership total. 100,000 members and yet only drew 32,000 last year against Brisbane lol

Richmond’s memberships total is.......

View attachment 631591

I love you. You’re the best you magnificent bastard. Long may you post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah naah.
It was a ripping retort. Genuinely laughed out loud.
WGAF who has the most members anyway?

Thank you. For the record, my chihuahua is a big Richo fan and has been attending games since 2005.

Thank you. For the record, my chihuahua is a big Richo fan and has been attending games since 2005.

That's real commitment right there. All these bandwagon fans can piss off, your chihuahua has 'em covered.

That's real commitment right there. All these bandwagon fans can piss off, your chihuahua has 'em covered.

It’s so hard core it doesn’t even attend games in my man bag (as fashioned by Patrick Dangerflog).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather focus on our own club rather than dissing anyone else. Not worth the trouble.
Well said.
I'm of the same view about other clubs and their players in general.
This is our board to discuss our club.
End of mini rant :)

Probably wrong thread but it's interesting looking at the membership numbers vs. attendance for 2018.

How can anyone take the Richmond membership total seriously when they average 3'800 more people to a game than us, yet have 25'000 more members...

The clubs clearly fudging their membership numbers are Richmond and Hawthorn. Hawthorn is just as bad with 80'000 members (5'000 more than us) yet has an average attendance of 36'000 (14'000 less than us). Yes they play a couple of games in Tasmania, but what both these clubs have in common is their highest attended game of the year never eclipsed their membership total (90151 for Richmond and 73189 for Hawthorn).

I don’t think they are ‘fudging’, but I don’t think membership is an accurate representation of relative size of supporter bases given it requires a financial outlay - socioeconomic factors influence the numbers and let’s face it, stereotypes aside, Collingwood traditionally has a strong lower and working class contingent. I’d imagine we would have more ‘would be’ members than most if you removed the cost, as silly as it sounds given it’s not exactly exorbitant.

I don’t think they are ‘fudging’, but I don’t think membership is an accurate representation of relative size of supporter bases given it requires a financial outlay - socioeconomic factors influence the numbers and let’s face it, stereotypes aside, Collingwood traditionally has a strong lower and working class contingent. I’d imagine we would have more ‘would be’ members than most if you removed the cost, as silly as it sounds given it’s not exactly exorbitant.

100% agree

I would much rather see money raised from membership. I mean, we could have 200,000 members if memberships cost $10 a pop. No, I’d rather know what the actual monies coming in from membership payments is.

I'd rather focus on our own club rather than dissing anyone else. Not worth the trouble.
Well said.
I'm of the same view about other clubs and their players in general.
This is our board to discuss our club.
End of mini rant :)
Very well said by both of you. Plenty won't agree, but e.g. I actually find it insulting and embarrassing that we have a thread on the "home page" with "Carlscum" in it's title. It's childish and unnecessary.

Very well said by both of you. Plenty won't agree, but e.g. I actually find it insulting and embarrassing that we have a thread on the "home page" with "Carlscum" in it's title. It's childish and unnecessary.
And the safest way to avoid such matters is not mention Carlton in any shape in the title.
Everyone wins then.

And the safest way to avoid such matters is not mention Carlton in any shape in the title.
Everyone wins then.
I just don't have the hatred for some opposition clubs that so many supporters seem to have, Saintly. Not for Carlton, Essendon, Richmond, any of them.

I'm very well aware that they throw similar insults at us, and that we're hated more than anyone. When I put in my first appearance at my favourite local pub after the Grand Final loss a Port Adelaide supporter gleefully told me that the place "erupted" when the final siren went that day. He thought it was quite funny! I don't get the hatred that we cop, but I still don't hate the opposition. I just want to see us shut them up by beating them when we play them, and by winning the odd premiership!

That reads to me as Collingwood do a really poor job of properly pricing their memberships to maximise membership totals. Not sure why we should pay $50 more for a GA home and away membership than Richmond. Also not sure why the Richmond Legends equivalent (Ponsford reserve home and away plus Grand Final) costs $635 while we need to pay $910.

That reads to me as Collingwood do a really poor job of properly pricing their memberships to maximise membership totals. Not sure why we should pay $50 more for a GA home and away membership than Richmond. Also not sure why the Richmond Legends equivalent (Ponsford reserve home and away plus Grand Final) costs $635 while we need to pay $910.

Good point, I didn’t know that. Even if they were at parity I suspect we would have more who couldn’t afford to pay if - but that’s a good call out.

Good point, I didn’t know that. Even if they were at parity I suspect we would have more who couldn’t afford to pay if - but that’s a good call out.
I'm sure you're right re. socioeconomic status and its effect.

I honestly didn't realise it was that much higher for a Pies membership till I just took a look. I'm surprised more isn't made of a nearly 150% inflated rate for essentially the same product (although I guess you are paying for chaos balls and constant long bombs with a Richmond membership)...

Wouldn't it be because they want to limit the amount of members we have due to the fact we might not be able to fit them all in to the ground if they all wanted to come?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back