Opinion Commentary & Media III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Everybody has different opinions.

I think Crows finish really high, GWS higher than everybody thinks and Geelong also pushing top 4.

I think richmond and Melbourne miss top 4.

In no order I have Richmond, West Coast, Adelaide & Melbourne as top 4

Collingwood, GWS, North & Essendon making up the bottom half of the 8

Don’t think Geelong or Hawks will make it.

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thought I'd post this for the laughs. Unsure why * and the media persist with this flop.

Sometimes a picture says a thousand words.

ggg.PNG

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes, we all have our different opinions and at the end of the season, most of us have missed the mark on a lot of teams, just like the 'experts'.

FWIW, my view is close to yours, except I don't have Geelong pushing top 4, but us or Melbourne. Agree that the Crows and GWS will be right up there.

I wasn't keen on Geelong until i had a good look at their midfield and I think the 666 rule will help them.
Melbourne worry me a bit, they've lost 40 to 50 goals from Hogan and i think the first midfield is elite but the 2nd tier is really shallow.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I can’t imagine he’ll be back this year. He’ll need to be monitored very closely psychologically and there’s no way he’d be rushed at all.

Personally I'd have ruled him out for the year and taken up a supplemental player. If the club is more realistically hopeful about Majak's 2019 prospects then that's great.

I can’t imagine he’ll be back this year. He’ll need to be monitored very closely psychologically and there’s no way he’d be rushed at all.

I have no inside information whatsoever but I wouldn't necessarily be jumping to the conclusion that playing football / AFL itself has any negative impact on him psychologically. It may, but I don't think you can assume so from the outside - nor indeed assume that it would be a negative impact.

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have no inside information whatsoever but I wouldn't necessarily be jumping to the conclusion that playing football / AFL itself has any negative impact on him psychologically. It may, but I don't think you can assume so from the outside - nor indeed assume that it would be a negative impact.
Yeah for sure. I agree that it could in fact be just what he needs. Trouble is that it comes with pressure unfortunately and that’s the aspect he doesn’t need.

Any additional Nat Edwards is a good thing in my book

Honestly never even heard of her. I'm sure she'll do better than most of the halfwits this industry employs though.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not sure matt Thompson has a head for TV
That and he's a fatty. You should only be on TV if you are below a certain level of fatness.

Parents have been complaining about advertising junk food during kids programs after school and here we are putting obese people on free to air television.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Yeah we know you hate anything missing a y chromosome. Or a schlong.

You're not special or a "trailblazer" because you share the chromosomes of half of the human population and can commentate a football match.

Marie Curie = special.

You have massive personal issues that you need to address.

You're not special or a "trailblazer" because you share the chromosomes of half of the human population and can commentate a football match.

Marie Curie = special.

You have massive personal issues that you need to address.
I missed that particular bit of hyperbole until you pointed it out. But she’s a good operator and her footy credentials are no worse than most of the other non-ex-players in the media. She at least plays women’s ammos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back