"The Carlton Way" a 5 year plan 2019-2023

Remove this Banner Ad

skadoosh

Premiership Player
May 26, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-03-14/the-carlton-way-letter-from-the-ceo

https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/Carlton/Club HQ/2019 Strat Plan/StrategicPlan-SinglesWeb/Final.pdf

Key targets:
WIN PREMIERSHIPS
100K MEMBERS
250K ACTIVE SUPPORTERS ON OUR DATABASE
200 CARLTON IN BUSINESS MEMBERS
AUSTRALIA’S SPORTING EMPLOYER OF CHOICE
50K AVERAGE HOME GAME ATTENDANCE
ZERO HISTORICAL DEBT
MASTERPLAN COMPLETE
CARLTON RESPECTS TO BECOME THE MOST INFLUENTIAL GENDER EQUALITY PROGRAM IN SPORT
REVENUE $75 MILLION

This wave of momentum that our members have created has given us the perfect platform to launch our strategic plan, so on behalf of the Board, management, staff, players and coaches, it gives us great pleasure to provide our members with The Carlton Way, our five-year strategic plan that highlights our club’s vision, values, strategic priorities and key targets for the period 2019 – 2023.

I would urge all members to take the time to look over our plan. The essence of the document can essentially be boiled down into a couple of sentences;

We believe that a united football club, relentless in the pursuit of excellence, who hold ourselves and each other accountable, can achieve anything. This is the Carlton way.

Last edited:
multiple premierships by 2023 is gonna be big! exciting but certainly a challenge. Clearly they will be expecting a major step up this year.

The rest all seem to be pretty doable.

I just wanted to point out this is exactly how a professional club should put out an unbiased statement:

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-03-14/the-carlton-way-letter-from-the-ceo

As you would be aware, earlier this year we were fortunate to secure $15 million of funding from the federal government, in addition to the $20 million committed by the state government to the redevelopment of Ikon Park, cementing the facility as Melbourne’s home of AFLW.

Perfect.

I just wanted to point out this is exactly how a professional club should put out an unbiased statement:

As you would be aware, earlier this year we were fortunate to secure $15 million of funding from the federal government, in addition to the $20 million committed by the state government to the redevelopment of Ikon Park, cementing the facility as Melbourne’s home of AFLW.

Perfect.
Hi Mr Liddle,
Thanks for taking BigFooty's feedback into account

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh oh - the dreaded 5 year plan..............
Mark LoGiudice: [the band leader] This is the band Radical Posture, and my name is Alexei Yuri Gagarin Siege of Stalingrad Glorious Five-Year Plan Sputnik Pravda Moscow Dynamo Back Four Balowski. Me Dad was a bit of a Communist, know what I mean?

Mark LoGiudice: [the band leader] This is the band Radical Posture, and my name is Alexei Yuri Gagarin Siege of Stalingrad Glorious Five-Year Plan Sputnik Pravda Moscow Dynamo Back Four Balowski. Me Dad was a bit of a Communist, know what I mean?
yes, chief, whatever you say, chief, thankyou, chief............

Kind of struggle with statements like this. On the one hand it’s nice to get confirmation that there is some sort of vision and statement about Carlton’s goals going forward. On the other hand this will be used as fodder every time we have a bad form slump over the next five years. Is it worth having it thrown back at us as an easy touchstone for the media if or when we’re still not winning a lot of games/developing say next year? Just so we can put out a nice glossy booklet/PR exercise (and to me that’s all this is) to get people excited before the season? I’m going to get sick of hearing about this much like the 100 points thing. Much like the ultra-defensive game plan thing. I automatically thought about the blueprint we realeased in ‘11? I don’t think these statements are a useful exercise but that’s just me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back