Preview R1 - Port Adelaide @ Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Ollie confirmed that Tredrea said that Ryder would play, but Ryder said that Wines was a certainty while he was still under a cloud. Tredrea said he was hit and miss, but Ollie wasn't certain.

But seriously -

It was Ryder that was confirmed for R1, not Wines.
So are you saying it was the Jews after all?
I assumed chemtrails.

We will be a far different team this year. Huge personnel changes and a gear change from ultra defensive to ultra attacking. Who knows if any of this will work out for the better or the worse, but we won't look anything like the dour, defensive scrappers we were in 2018.

It’s pretty exciting really because our 22 will look so different with the 3x first rounders, 3x trades, probably Hartlett soon, possibly Broadbent and some refreshed experience with Ryder, Rockliff and Boak. s**t even Amon looks the business this year. Throw in the new coaches and philosophy and we really could be anything. I truly have no idea what to expect in terms of results and the ignorance is bliss at this point.

OK that's a bigger discrepancy than I'd have thought. But back in the days of Neitz and Schwarz, and with Daniher coaching, they were a formidable opponent. Just looked it up on FinalSiren.com and it's interesting reading. Let me know if that link works, may be dependent on cookies on my PC.
Personally I'd draw a line under the pre-NT games at the G and those since. Had they played their home games actually at home when they were at their weakest in recent years the G would not look so formidable.

In the table below a team name in yellow indicates a PAFC win

View attachment 634623

Melbourne winning all three fixtures over there across 2002-3-4 is reminiscent of West Coast’s voodoo hold on Brisbane at the Gabba 2003-4-5.

Melbourne winning all three fixtures over there across 2002-3-4 is reminiscent of West Coast’s voodoo hold on Brisbane at the Gabba 2003-4-5.

R4 2004. The great Troy Chaplin's debut and the debut of the lightning clash strip with black numbers that nobody could see.

Your analysis of us struggling against a deeper defence is excellent and I completely agree. Strange thing is we give the Crows a lot of trouble when we play them, I think a lot of the time it comes down to how our midfield uses the ball. We’ve had a lot of losses where we dominate play but teams play smarter than us and hit us on the rebound, however when we get it right even for a quarter we can kick 6-7 goals in no time.

Yeah I think you guys can compete for the flag with only a slightly above average defence given the teams scoring power.

May should go along way towards helping that.

So Im heading over to watch it live.

I have a pretty good track record with PA in Melbourne, having watched victories the last 4 years in a row at least.

Unfortunately, I feel like I'm due to see a loss rather than being some sort of lucky charm!!

The last game I went to over there was the Carlton "win" last year, which was anything but convincing.

Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
So Im heading over to watch it live.

I have a pretty good track record with PA v Melbourne, having watched victories the last 4 years in a row at least.

Unfortunately, I feel like I'm due to see a loss rather than being some sort of lucky charm!!

The last game I went to was the Carlton "win" last year, which was anything but convincing.

Fingers crossed!

I'll be there next Saturday. Man oh man that Carlton game last year was dreadful. It felt like a loss.

R4 2004. The great Troy Chaplin's debut and the debut of the lightning clash strip with black numbers that nobody could see.
Don't insult our defensive coordinator or he'll send you a stern letter

C-KKSIJUAAAW2Do.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be good to watch Wines vs Viney again, last game I’d say they were the best two players on the ground. It’s like watching two likeable Joel Selwoods play against each other.

Off-topic post: * I hate Joel Selwood the ****ing cheating ****

That's all, as you were everyone

Oh and Troy Chaplin can **** off too

Look this isn't going to be popular but i'm just going to come out and say it.

Time has pretty much healed the Troy Chaplin wound for me.

My mates and I booed him by name from the boundary in the prematch warm up when the Demons visited last season and he gave us a wink and a thumbs up, which I thought was nicely handled. He also gave us his own personal highlight reel in the 2014 EF, which made up for every contest he successfully avoided in a Port guernsey.

I'll still boo him because it's fun and he's an easy target, but there is certainly no animosity at this point. Yes he handled his departure really poorly and yes he didn't go hard into a single contest from ending a young Daniel Rich's career until retirement, but i've moved on.

The only thing that could reignite my hatred for him at this stage is some hard evidence that it was indeed him as rumoured who stole Gav's 2004 GF guernsey after the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back