Opinion 2019 Non Crows - Watts love got to do with it? #pick1herewecome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve built a quality side with shitty picks and after losing 5 quality picks and players, Ogilvie has done an amazing job.
Yeah and the oppo keeps singing his praises. Pay that man the top pay.

If the club was on the bones of its arse, and it helped, I imagine they would be seen as a bit more of a legend.
If a club is in such a spot that the only way to generate income is to have one of it's well established players officially change their name with the government to the name of a cat food brand, the club has much, much bigger issues.

If a club is in such a spot that the only way to generate income is to have one of it's well established players officially change their name with the government to the name of a cat food brand, the club has much, much bigger issues.
Yes it was all downhill for them after that.

Where do you personally draw the line then ?? You would have no problem with our team being captained by "Froot Loops" in round 1. What about scrapping our home guernsey for a Power Ranger guernsey ?? You'd happily continue to sing the praises of the club ??
I dunno... if we named ourself after a sponsor and ran out to Toyota jingle every week I guess I'd be pissed then.

Thank Christ we've never done anything like that.

Last edited:
Where do you personally draw the line then ?? You would have no problem with our team being captained by "Froot Loops" in round 1. What about scrapping our home guernsey for a Power Ranger guernsey ?? You'd happily continue to sing the praises of the club ??
Rnd1 1991

If it meant keeping club afloat, yes

Yay, it happened ages ago.

Like tomato sauce and vegemite. I love both but I'd sooner poke my eyes out than put them together.
Playing Sydney as well so clash.
The Marvel link idea is no problem it will generate the AFL brand . Rich AFL gives bulldogs money that they’ve already borrowed. Oh * I forgot about Disney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not a leap at all. In fact, it's been done before.

Remember Whiskas? The M&Ms?
The rainbow 🌈 St Kilda numbers.
Go go power rangers Harks abomination.
And that horrible “I washed my ISIS flag with my white business shirts” Carlton thing.

I remember The Advertiser giving Anthony Ingerson one all mighty burn one time when they had a little cartoon called 'Kick A Goal With Ingo!' where they drew up a maze and the goals were at the finish - Only thing was that the maze was unsolvable
At yet he still wasn't the worst kick for goal we've had. Nick "can mark, but can't kick" Gill has him comfortably covered there.

View attachment 634757

Jeez I’m getting old. Found a heap of old tazo’s. Remember losing a Roo pod and being devo. Had to buy it back with a packet of mixed lollies.
How old do you reckon that makes those of us who were too old to be even slightly interested in the kids crap that you remember as a kid from the good ol days !!!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

At yet he still wasn't the worst kick for goal we've had. Nick "can mark, but can't kick" Gill has him comfortably covered there.
That poses an interesting question. Who was Adelaide's least accurate goal scorer of all time? To keep it simple, could someone calculate goals/(goals+pts) for each player? Maybe limit it to those who have kicked 20+ goals, just to make it manageble (and statistically meaningful).

That poses an interesting question. Who was Adelaide's least accurate goal scorer of all time? To keep it simple, could someone calculate goals/(goals+pts) for each player? Maybe limit it to those who have kicked 20+ goals, just to make it manageble (and statistically meaningful).

Funnily enough, its almost equal with two former captains. Bickley 77 goals 90 and NVB 68 goals 79.

Edit Chris McDermott 25 goals 29. All three are 46% accuracy. Weird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back