Teams 2019 Rate My Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

last 2 jlt games for both players:
Ballard: 74, 83 (should be a starter for gcs in defence)
Cunningham: 90,100 (with docherty out he could be the missing piece, and will probably get game time)

Just looked them up because I love an ultra smokey.
Cunningham played forward pocket and kicked 5 goals over the two games to achieve those scores. He doesn't have much to do with Docherty and the likelihood he remains outputting at that level rather then dropping back to the 60-70's is pretty low. Expect to see him continue to rotate wing/forward

Ballard is... interesting - in the swans games he seems to have taken the intercept marks we wanted Collins to be taking but he also butchered the ball leading to turnovers for goals. His JS seems pretty good with May departing + Thompson and Wiggs injuries but at his price point I would still prefer Moore or Ridley.

Nice POD mid-pricers, hope they work out for you if you stick with them.

Ballard is... interesting - in the swans games he seems to have taken the intercept marks we wanted Collins to be taking but he also butchered the ball leading to turnovers for goals. His JS seems pretty good with May departing + Thompson and Wiggs injuries but at his price point I would still prefer Moore or Ridley.
Ballard stubbed his toe twice wearing boots bigger than Ronald McDonald's. Swapped them at half time and kicked a lot better.
Those 2 clangers cost him plenty, so there's still plenty of upside.
I've gone Moore but it was tempting.

Hi all. Sorry I've been quiet this preseason. Travelling overseas

My team as it stands...
View attachment 634710

I'd be keen for some feedback.

Really have to question your selections of Dunkley and McLean, with Libba back there is a strong likelihood that one of them see's a 10-20% drop.

I'd pick Dunkley and ditch McLean.
I love the depth you have in your forward line, very different to most teams.

How's the massive set of plums on you starting with Sloane, Rockliff and Libba.
If those 3 all start well you are laughing.

Solid backline, obviously Mills the risk.. I just don't trust Horse.
I don't think he gets the midfield time that's been spruiked.

Overall, very nice team and a little different to the cookie cutter teams that get rolled out.

Good Luck.

n3KJrd-D_L0uRXuonwJ7RfEZoE9gkJC9iPHoWHCHD_abn0zEjELtv86JS1Qpa6mlkSnrzEpdOk-WrvGnJkxw7o8xnB4v-ThG7rGBKeTep3TIMq4=w480-h268-nc
Some Eagles floggo...

...Oh wait.

This is my first time playing (second attempt at a team). Spent a ridiculously long time reading everything about supercoach and players (This is going to be a time consuming hobby lol). Any advice or things that you would change? Thanks in advance!

Get out whilst you have your sanity and are still sober. o_O

I like it mate. Not absolutely sold on Cousins job security, but your mid-pricers have massive upside and all probably underpriced rather than being 'potential' picks.

SC V18.png

Not happy with the amount of rookies in my mids, but I like this structure.

O'Meara will go 110 this year.

I like it mate. Not absolutely sold on Cousins job security, but your mid-pricers have massive upside and all probably underpriced rather than being 'potential' picks.

View attachment 634743

Not happy with the amount of rookies in my mids, but I like this structure.

O'Meara will go 110 this year.

haha.. wasn't my team..!
It was Fantasy Freako's team that someone asked to be posted!

Few speculative picks but isnt that how we keep it interesting?

Batting deep in the mids like always, cheapish options down back.

May have to restructure pending fwd rookies getting games but happy right now.

PODs: Shorty 2.6%, Crisp 5.2%
Sheed and MCrouch 12% each not so PODish anymore

Q11ej4B.png

Q11ej4B.png
it's not so much about forward rookies getting games, all of those should play round 1 (Burgess the only question mark), it's whether they will 1. score well and 2. stay in the side. As I mentioned in my post above, historically forward rookies are trash

Way too risky imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Q11ej4B.png

i think you need to bat at least 4 deep in the forward line.

also not a fan of the Short pick. one of many good Tiges role players who will throw in poor scores through no fault of his own simply because other people step up on the day.

I've brought my team down to 2 iterations:
Option 1:
1552520126672.png

Option 2:
1552522521346.png

Comes down to Whitfield + Libba vs Fyfe + Ridley. Option 2 leaves me with a very bare backline but dominate midfield and 1 less midpricer (I count ridley as an expensive rookie). Option 1 a bit more balanced. Fyfe should outscore Whitfield by >20 points, and if Ridley keeps his form from JLT should score similar to Libba and get a higher price bump.

With so many decent rookie options in defence is anyone else contemplating going with a structure like this? Or have i completely lost the plot?
390c138710a860899ef51b6a3d804108.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I've brought my team down to 2 iterations:
Option 1:
View attachment 634754

Option 2:
View attachment 634763

Comes down to Whitfield + Libba vs Fyfe + Ridley. Option 2 leaves me with a very bare backline but dominate midfield and 1 less midpricer (I count ridley as an expensive rookie). Option 1 a bit more balanced. Fyfe should outscore Whitfield by >20 points, and if Ridley keeps his form from JLT should score similar to Libba and get a higher price bump.
Whitfield and Libba, Fyfe has an injury worry and is injury prone in general, Ridley is awkwardly priced, rookies will make more money.Ill get Ridley in in round 3 if he is averaging 90 still.

Really have to question your selections of Dunkley and McLean, with Libba back there is a strong likelihood that one of them see's a 10-20% drop.

I'd pick Dunkley and ditch McLean.
I love the depth you have in your forward line, very different to most teams.

How's the massive set of plums on you starting with Sloane, Rockliff and Libba.
If those 3 all start well you are laughing.

Solid backline, obviously Mills the risk.. I just don't trust Horse.
I don't think he gets the midfield time that's been spruiked.

Overall, very nice team and a little different to the cookie cutter teams that get rolled out.

Good Luck.

Cheers, good advice. You've highlighted all the issues I've been dealing with myself.

McLean was my last premium selection. I went through pretty much every forward premo and had issues with most (Menegola & Kelly bad bye, don't like Boaks scoring history, Mundy old, Grey old and midfield role a question, Walters role and reliability, do not start with full priced key forwards, Hoff overpriced etc). Maybe I'll have another look.

Rocky wasn't particularly interesting until he went crazy in the JRT. I should ditch him but it messes with my structure.

Maybe McLean down to rookie and Rocky up to super premo. Those forward rookies though! Then if that leaves me with some spare cash I can upgrade Mills.

Decisions decisions!

Current team as things stand.

Very GnR approach, the only two midpricers are both fallen premos.

Not so convinced by Bontempelli or Goldstein, but I don't really like the other options there too much.

Attachments

• SC team 2019.png
    SC team 2019.png
    421 KB · Views: 82
So what sort of bye structure is everyone running?
These are the premo numbers for each bye:
Rd 12: 12
Rd 13: 7
Rd 14 : 7

Are these numbers too unbalanced?

So what sort of bye structure is everyone running?
These are the premo numbers for each bye:
Rd 12: 12
Rd 13: 7
Rd 14 : 7

Are these numbers too unbalanced?
I just want 22 plus players available for the first bye, then I will trade in heavily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back