2019 Memberships Released

Remove this Banner Ad

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Bolton has been responsible for the ‘cultural’ change within and Liddle for cultural change externally

Good synergy

I wouldn't underestimate Trigg either. He started this and was strong on the rebuild on and off field. Had some weaknesses but did a lot of the ground work. Liddle has then taken it to the next level.

cookie monster

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
NY Giants
This is what Liddle did to the membership numbers at Richmond during his time as Chief Customer Officer

1552527404010.png

There's even some year on year growth >30%/pa. The growth is quite amazing, and probably unprecedented for a team that hasn't won a premiership (barring 2017 at the end of the period). Made even more impressive by the fact the tigers only appeared in finals in 2/8 years.

We are starting from a much bigger base, and ABS Statistics indicate our supporter base is 25% bigger than Tiges.

If Liddle can unlock Carlton's member potential the same way he did with Richmond, there is no reason we can't have one of the biggest memberships in the AFL in 5 years' time

skadoosh

Premiership Player
May 26, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
This is what Liddle did to the membership numbers at Richmond during his time as Chief Customer Officer

View attachment 634798

There's even some year on year growth >30%/pa. The growth is quite amazing, and probably unprecedented for a team that hasn't won a premiership (barring 2017 at the end of the period). Made even more impressive by the fact the tigers only appeared in finals in 2/8 years.

We are starting from a much bigger base, and ABS Statistics indicate our supporter base is 25% bigger than Tiges.

If Liddle can unlock Carlton's member potential the same way he did with Richmond, there is no reason we can't have one of the biggest memberships in the AFL in 5 years' time
Cookie monster had his cookies this morning. Good post!

Makes me so proud. We’re back

As far as I'm concerned Liddle has done a fantastic job in the year and a half he has been with us. New revenue streams, academic links, new sponsorship deals.

Excellent leadership me thinks!!!!

View attachment 634798

In 2010 the CFC had 40,480 members.
Using the same growth rate, would have had us at 85,000 members at the end of the 2017 season........we had 50,326.

Liddle obviously does good work, but those figures really show up just how poorly we performed under our own steam and the old regime.
Not a great set of number to highlight at all....Not for Swann and not for Trigg.

I had a few questions re my membership...just rang them ..very helpful, I also congratulated them on the result she was pleased obviously and said “it’s growing every day quite amazing, it’s been fantastic”

:carlton:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Firstly Congratulations on breaking the record and i believe carlton 'WILL' get to 70k this year

Regarding Liddle whilst he has done a magnificent job so far its really just first base and has a lot more work to do and thats to maintain and grow the numbers without the 'extra giveaway ' bonuses but thats still to be seen and hopefully it does continue and grow - but tracking beautifully so far

View attachment 634798

Liddle was not the only person responsible for the Richmond membership numbers growing , He was actually part of a team of people who were involved
so i wouldnt be giving him all the credit for this growth brendon gale & Peggy o'neill are verry hands on with the membership department and set out specific goals with the 3 -0 - 75 campaign.

Looking at where Carlton is at with these numbers my expectation would be to hit 70,000 this year and a slight growth of 5,000 in 2020 would be sensational as its always a challenge to maintain the new members the following year.

Well done guys - Again Congratulations and hopefully onfield you guys do well this year (after round 1)

cookie monster

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
NY Giants
Using the same growth rate, would have had us at 85,000 members at the end of the 2017 season........we had 50,326.

Liddle obviously does good work, but those figures really show up just how poorly we performed under our own steam and the old regime.
Not a great set of number to highlight at all....Not for Swann and not for Trigg.
There was few upset members of this forum when Trigg got punted. I wasn't one of them.

Whilst a slight upgrade on his predecessor, Trigg did very little to meaningfully connect with members and apart from overseeing the appointment of the club's first democratically appointed coach, did very little to enhance our football operational. A football club cannot be run by a FIFO CEO

Let's thank our lucky stars we have Cain Liddle, and not the bloke currently running that sham of a football club based in Seaford, whom our president desperately tried to appoint without a mandate from our board.

Doro

Collective Narcissism Support Group
Sep 22, 2011
62 West Wallaby St.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wensleydale Wanderers

I suspect we didn't have the resources to attract the expertise we needed in membership growth under Swann or Trigg, there are some larger players in town. The lure of career advancement for Liddle with our CEO gig was what it took. Looks to have been a great move.

Let's thank our lucky stars we have Cain Liddle, and not the bloke currently running that sham of a football club based in Seaford, whom our president desperately tried to appoint without a mandate from our board.

Maybe that was the tipping point, when our President may have been told politely to keep hands off.
All appointments since, have been sound and fruitful. Whatever did happen, had to happen.
Just glad it did before any further damage was done.

Blue and Blue

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 29, 2018
On the glory road
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Everton
I'd say the opposite until perhaps the last 6 months.

It's been mentioned here that Bolton hasn't been much a fan of media access to players or open training sessions.

I think the one we should be thanking for the communication and greater access is Cain Liddle. IIRC MS3 to TCP recently noted that Liddle was directing to Carlton Media to make our supporters "fall in love with Carlton again". We are now seeing the product of this intent.
You may well be right. I was just responding to the video.

Aug 30, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I finally got around to renewing mine and the boy’s today. (I like to play hard to get). The bloke on the phone said they’ve been averaging a couple of hundred a day over the past 2-3 days. It’s ticking over nicely.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
60K by Monday may be a little high and probably too high before the start of the season, but maybe....just maybe....

That would be a big announcement should it somehow come about before seasons launch, but 4K in 10 days sounds a little too hard.

Going off ArseClown's comment about 200 per day, if that continues we should be in the vicinity of 57.6 - 57.8k by round 1.

Have a good showing against Richmond and we could comfortably break 60k before round 2.

I had a few questions re my membership...just rang them ..very helpful, I also congratulated them on the result she was pleased obviously and said “it’s growing every day quite amazing, it’s been fantastic”

:carlton:
did they ask about me?

Hoping someone on here can help me out with this one (and if not in the right thread please move).

I live in ADL and have bought the 1 reserved R1 + 2 games membership recently promoted by the club.

When I rang and spoke to the membership team earlier in the week I was told I didn't need to buy a ticket for the R1 game. But in a previous article on the CFC website it said you needed to reserve a seat using your membership number.

They mentioned the tickets would be emailed out to me closer to the game so just wondering if anyone else on here has purchased the same membership and can shed any light on their understanding of the process?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
this poster get any assistance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back