Prediction Pre-Season Supplemental Selection & Mid-Season Rookie Draft

Who would you choose in the Mis-Season Draft: Multiple selections allowed

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 9 more days until Rioli comes out of retirement!

I still haven’t given up hope. :$

This is pretty much EVERY Hawthorn fan the day the Cyril news broke…

giphy.gif

I know I haven't been the same since :'(

I still haven’t given up hope. :$[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
We've only got 1 spot up for grabs (Langford) and have until Friday to list anyone. At this stage it looks like Reeves or no one.

If Mitchell were to recover for the end of the season do they need to demote someone to make room for him?

I mean, why promote an edge player if you’re just going to demote him in another five months?

If Mitchell were to recover for the end of the season do they need to demote someone to make room for him?

I mean, why promote an edge player if you’re just going to demote him in another five months?
With Nash being an LTI upgrade he could go back on the rookie list, I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't grab Reeves given how far away he is, he'd only be able to play at Box Hill if we did and that level looks above him at the moment

Savvy move for mine. Just not confident Pitto is going to make it - doesn't seem to have any strings to his bow other than being big (though he doesn't seem to be athletic/can jump; and we probably still have a couple of years in BigBoy and Cegs to await Reeves potential development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Savvy move for mine. Just not confident Pitto is going to make it - doesn't seem to have any strings to his bow other than being big (though he doesn't seem to be athletic/can jump; and we probably still have a couple of years in BigBoy and Cegs to await Reeves potential development.
Not sure about the Pitto reasoning. I'd say it's savvy as far as if you get a free swing at an athletic 209cm kid who already knows how to play the game then you take it. Low risk, potentially high reward.

We would not likely pick up a best 22 player as a supplemental rookie - we had ample opportunity to draft a Meadows type - so it would make a lot of sense to take a free swing at a guy who might develop enough to play. I am sure the club saw enough to take the risk (which is negligible).

Irishman elevated

https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2019-03-13/irishman-elevated

Conor Nash has received a boost ahead of the home and away season, with the Irishman elevated to Hawthorn’s senior list on Thursday.

The position became available after Tom Mitchell (broken leg) was moved to the long-term injury list.

This is Nash’s second appearance on the club’s senior list, having been temporarily elevated in late 2018.

Only 9 more days until Rioli comes out of retirement!
I still haven’t given up hope. :$

This from the AFL, “A player who retired in 2018 must have nominated for last year's draft to be eligible to be selected. As a result, Hawthorn champion Cyril Rioli will need to wait until 2020 for any potential AFL return. “

Pissed off.gif

Last edited:
Irishman elevated

https://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2019-03-13/irishman-elevated

Conor Nash has received a boost ahead of the home and away season, with the Irishman elevated to Hawthorn’s senior list on Thursday.

The position became available after Tom Mitchell (broken leg) was moved to the long-term injury list.

This is Nash’s second appearance on the club’s senior list, having been temporarily elevated in late 2018.
Think this post has intrigue written all over it .... not sure why more people arnt all over this ...

With Tim Mohr out for the season and likely to be placed on the long-term injury list does that open the door for Harrison Jones to be promoted to the senior list?

With Tim Mohr out for the season and likely to be placed on the long-term injury list does that open the door for Harrison Jones to be promoted to the senior list?
Jones is a category A rookie, so he doesn't need to be upgraded to play.

Nash, like CJ, is a Category B rookie, so needs to be upgraded to play.

With Mohr going down, we have an open list spot for the Mid-Season Draft on May 27th.

Back