Not open for further replies.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Curb-Your-Enthusiasm-HBO-LGBT-01.gif

Why is it brave to start Goldstein? He averaged 110.6 from R9 onwards last year, is very durable, and ~$160k cheaper than Grundy. North Melbourne are also very much in "win now" mode, so I'm not worried about Campbell at all.

Because 110 still is isn't 127 or 130.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
If I downgrade Grundy to Lycett I can upgrade:
D2 mid pricer > premo
F3 mid pricer > premo
F4 rookie > mid pricer

Then later on upgrade Lycett to Grundy and move Lycett into Forwards as back up ruck and F6/7 depending on his scoring.

Sounds like a plan, but just cannot seem to pull the trigger

giphy.gif

Is that Chad?

May 5, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Essendon
Gee it's annoying when people claim Grundy and Gawn is the only possible starting ruck combination, and that you're an idiot/not taking it seriously/etc. if you don't pick them. Does my head in. Same with those saying Danger/Macrae are M U S T starts.

The initial team is all about optimising for cash generation and balance. It would be ludicrous to suggest starting 8 set and forget midfielders, but it follows the same logic - you can't pick a full premo team from the start, so you need to pick a team that can get you there asap.

Grundy has almost no upside in terms of an increase in average. As everyone knows, players are nominally priced at their previous season's average. The upside Grundy and co. offers is in being a captain option, which slightly distorts the linear relationship between price and average.

With all that said I have both Grundy and Gawn, but it's not a clear cut decision without any consideration. I still might go Goldstein, for example, the ~$150k will certainly come in handy in upgrading some mid pricers, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back