Mid-Price Madness....

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lRR5iVj.gif

Nah. Birchy's one of the good ones. Happy to give him some constructive food for thought.

He's probably just talking BS anyway...
Yeah wouldn't be surprised, from what I remember he's always been a GnR guy

Rounds 1 to 11: Averaged 19.4 touches and 69 SC points :skull:

Rounds 13 to 23: Averaged 24.6 touches and 93.4 SC points :raisedhands:

View attachment 634823 :lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock:
Have had him most of this pre season but seeing Newnes have his old wing role back makes me wonder if he can get back to his last few years of scoring (88/89) for a savings over Billdick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have had him most of this pre season but seeing Newnes have his old wing role back makes me wonder if he can get back to his last few years of scoring (88/89) for a savings over Billdick

Would you be happy with 88-89 from a F3 though? I think that's Newnes' ceiling where as Billings could go 95+ (he probably won't, but it's possible)

Would you be happy with 88-89 from a F3 though? I think that's Newnes' ceiling where as Billings could go 95+ (he probably won't, but it's possible)
Fair point. The ease of their fixture has me leaning towards picking one of them but the majority of me thinks just pick Greene instead and ride his rollercoaster

Sounds good but are you limiting your amount of cash generation through lack of rookies?

Maybe, but if I have the 10 best rookies and half my fallen premo's/mid pricers end up being keepers, I'll have less upgrades to make. I don't expect every mid pricer to work out, some will generate cash via being downgraded to rookies on the bubble. That doesn't mean that those mid-pricers have failed though, so long as they're scoring better than the rookies while in my team I'll get their scores on the board in the early rounds. Also some of those stepping stones can be swapped to bottomed out premo's with a single trade. Even though they won't make as much $$ as rookies the better mid-pricers do generate (100-150k+) whilst providing better than rookie on-field scoring.

Last year for example I started Christensen (267k) at F6 who was averaging around 80 at the time of trading him out (which was better than most F6 rookies were scoring) I pretty much straight swapped him around Rd10 to Gus Brayshaw (via Sicily) who averaged 105+ for the rest of the year. Whilst Christensen only make me around 120k from memory he was a decent stepping stone.

Maybe, but if I have the 10 best rookies and half my fallen premo's/mid pricers end up being keepers, I'll have less upgrades to make. I don't expect every mid pricer to work out, some will generate cash via being downgraded to rookies on the bubble. That doesn't mean that those mid-pricers have failed though, so long as they're scoring better than the rookies while in my team I'll get their scores on the board in the early rounds. Also some of those stepping stones can be swapped to bottomed out premo's with a single trade. Even though they won't make as much $$ as rookies the better mid-pricers do generate (100-150k+) whilst providing better than rookie on-field scoring.

Last year for example I started Christensen (267k) at F6 who was averaging around 80 at the time of trading him out (which was better than most F6 rookies were scoring) I pretty much straight swapped him around Rd10 to Gus Brayshaw (via Sicily) who averaged 105+ for the rest of the year. Whilst Christensen only make me around 120k from memory he was a decent stepping stone.
You poor basterd how many times have you had to explain this theory, I suggest you cut and paste for future use.

It's surprising how many SC's still believe that rookies are the only way to generate cash for upgrades.
Guess from the ROI perspective, a rookie clearly comes out on top and enables rookie + topliner vs two midprice speculators.
But the 2* midpricer thing is based on pricing / output mismatch you're exploiting, so you might get 100 + 90 for 2*375 blokes vs 115 + 60 for a 620k gun + 130k rook.
You make less cash for an upgrade, say 80k vs 140k on paper, but with the price decay of the topliner you go, you'll pay less to bring in your premo upgrade than those locking in a topliner at top dollar rd1.
Heaps of factors, bla bla bla, but makes sense.
The one thing I do wonder is if that means not surging to the line late in the year because you've got blokes you kept and saved trades on but give you that bit less output on the run home vs those going G'n'R?

Why were Gresham's scores pretty rubbish in the JLT? Not getting time in the midfield? Interrupted pre-season? TOG?

By all reports at the end of last year, he was going to be part of their midfield rotations. Is this no longer the case?
Think they still need him up forward. He's pure class and without him their forward line is garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back