Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch - It’s Official - OP Updated with Lynchmond goodness!

Remove this Banner Ad

both. could have played last year as well but they had him on a modified program. he’s going to be a ripper, just hope we can hold on to him until we work out how to get him in the side.

I saw him a couple of times live in 2018 including the last VFL final against Essendon, as well as through streams. Definitely wouldn't have said he was ready last year on what I saw. So we differ greatly there, which is fine. That's not to underscore his great potential.

Haven't seen any pre-season, which is why I asked you what I asked. I'm just hoping you have seen significant development, well and truly over an above last season, because if so, I too am excited. Otherwise it's still work in progress.

The Club has already referred to him as a future leader, so there must be some great qualities over and above great footballing qualities. I just get nervous when the expectations get ahead of the actual evidence.

Do you see many similarities to Tom Lynch (keeping it on thread:))

Last edited:

Given the crap the club has served up with injuries over the past few years, I'm taking their 'maybes' and 'should bes' about round 1 as 'probably not'.

Which really sucks, because we don't have a lot of easy games after Carltoon to ease him in with. I can see him playing 'half a game' in the 2s (or worse, a 2nds practice match because I don't think the VFL starts until a few weeks later than AFL) both for a fitness test and to ensure he's got the game plan down.

That said, he's a 7 year investment, so if he needs a few more weeks for the medicos to give him a complete signoff, give it to him.

I was going to say except us till I noticed you say "two rucks"....That Balta guy runs ok hey ?;)

I think for the record Noah will be the type of player we hoped our 200cm fella (can't remember his name, went to the states as a college punter) with all the concussion issues could have been....

Who

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given the crap the club has served up with injuries over the past few years, I'm taking their 'maybes' and 'should bes' about round 1 as 'probably not'.

Which really sucks, because we don't have a lot of easy games after Carltoon to ease him in with. I can see him playing 'half a game' in the 2s (or worse, a 2nds practice match because I don't think the VFL starts until a few weeks later than AFL) both for a fitness test and to ensure he's got the game plan down.

That said, he's a 7 year investment, so if he needs a few more weeks for the medicos to give him a complete signoff, give it to him.

I think, when he is 100% ready, he comes straight in. He can be the lead out from the square player without too many dramas on the game plan. And he has been training it right through preseason. Hopefully a bit of a run around this weekend for a half. Then R1 vs Blues.

Fair call i would have thought some JLT games or Intra Practice games would have been a bonus.
But as you say and this is so true in the long term his fitness as the no:priorty

Deep forward is probably the one spot where you don’t need as much familiarity with the game plan. The only thing that will help is time playing together.

Think Ben Griffiths is the WHO he referred to

Yep that's our man , thanks. I just couldn't remember his name o_O and I was a big Ben supporter...

Yep that's our man , thanks. I just couldn't remember his name o_O and I was a big Ben supporter...

Obviously not big enough :think:;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I had to do a visual test to become game caller for a footy stats company, you get a couple of seconds to identify stills of various players. Can you believe the only one I missed was Brandon Ellis, one of my favourite players at the time too. Knew who it was, just couldn't spit out the name. Gotta love old age!

Deep forward is probably the one spot where you don’t need as much familiarity with the game plan. The only thing that will help is time playing together.

Deep forward will be where Lynch will be a total headache to opposing teams.
I hope he is not used in the ruck tho,Just my opinion.
Living in QLD and we get so many Suns games and following Lynch for the last few years,I wish my club had him to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deep forward will be where Lynch will be a total headache to opposing teams.
I hope he is not used in the ruck tho,Just my opinion.
Living in QLD and we get so many Suns games and following Lynch for the last few years,I wish my club had him to be honest.

You clearly must be the odd man out, From what we read on the main board is that
1. Lynch was always coming home to collingwood
2. The Pies never wanted him
3. May was the real target
4.May is not worth the trade
5.Finally got the real target in Beams

Lynch & May was just a smoke screen to get Dayne Beams

You clearly must be the odd man out, From what we read on the main board is that

lmao the pies board will have you believe they lost the granny on purpose just to experience the pain so they can be fired up and go on a 5-peat

delusional campaigners

lmao the pies board will have you believe they lost the granny on purpose just to experience the pain so they can be fired up and go on a 5-peat

delusional campaigners

These Minnows still believe they are the biggest Club - pathetic rabble
Joffa is their classiest supporter and he's a bogan

THE_GUN,
I really liked your reply.
Just can only speak of my personal view without inside knowledge my gut feel was May and Lynch was pie in the sky stuff.
No Doubt they tried to get Tom Lynch I doubt they Collingwood could refute it and also Hawthorn.
As for the main board it's a great place but do i personally believe every thing there as gospel err no.

And to get back on track i was asking Tiger supporters Should Tom Lynch do some rucking duties,He such a great player.

Peace out.

THE_GUN,
I really liked your reply.
Just can only speak of my personal view without inside knowledge my gut feel was May and Lynch was pie in the sky stuff.
No Doubt they tried to get Tom Lynch I doubt they Collingwood could refute it and also Hawthorn.
As for the main board it's a great place but do i personally believe every thing there as gospel err no.

And to get back on track i was asking Tiger supporters Should Tom Lynch do some rucking duties,He such a great player.

Peace out.

No

He should do what we drafted him to do and kick 45,987 goals - deep forward - and do no rucking apart from occasional forward boundary throw ins.

No

He should do what we drafted him to do and kick 45,987 goals - deep forward - and do no rucking apart from occasional forward boundary throw ins.

Well i think that's the bare minimum output from a Tall forward.

If Tim Lunch doesn’t win the Coleman by R3 he’s a dud and we should delist him.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

WTF !! Atleast get his name correct

Tom Lunch

I tell you, this Thome Lunch better be special.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Remove this Banner Ad

Back