Religion Pell Guilty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Guessing you aren’t a lawyer Freddie. I am. Regardless, the lawyers who told me their version of events know far more than me or you.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ahhh the old my source knows all line

Only to be used when you can’t back up any of your arguments with facts.

Rightio

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Too true! Hard to back up the water cooler source. Equally hard to rebut it?

Expect for the tiny detail that the bs 10-2 verdict was first posted on a Catholic website where the author wasn’t even at trial and the fact that juries are under confidentiality not to disclose findings such as that.

It’s pathetic that people can fall for that type of propaganda

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Guessing you aren’t a lawyer Freddie. I am. Regardless, the lawyers who told me their version of events know far more than me or you.

You shouldn't guess on the basis of zero knowledge, Sidey.

And if you really were a "lawyer", then you would know better than to ever rely on the word of other "lawyers", especially when they're in uninformed gossip mode.

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Expect for the tiny detail that the bs 10-2 verdict was first posted on a Catholic website where the author wasn’t even at trial and the fact that juries are under confidentiality not to disclose findings such as that.

It’s pathetic that people can fall for that type of propaganda

Nice that the two little Catters are working together. FredLeDeux just basing my guess on your handle.

A number of jurors have been a little loose-lipped, so the stories go.

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Nice that the two little Catters are working together. FredLeDeux just basing my guess on your handle.

A number of jurors have been a little loose-lipped, so the stories go.

They must have talked loud and quick to get the news to the USA on the day of the conviction.

It's bs, just Pell-apologist ex post facto justification for the convenient rumour.

Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
And someone has to stand up against the mob.

Amazing that someone with such an apparently well-developed sense of justice would pick Pell and those called to account before a Royal Commission for concealing, aiding and abetting child abuse as his sole hills to die on, as far as the Australian legal system is concerned.

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Amazing that someone with such an apparently well-developed sense of justice would pick Pell and those called to account before a Royal Commission for concealing, aiding and abetting child abuse as his sole hills to die on, as far as the Australian legal system is concerned.
You can’t xhoose who you fall in love with ...

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Kinda hard to prove a negative? That was someone else’s problem too.

Expect my opnion is backed up with facts while yours is backed up by a make believe source

I have stated that the Jury memembers are under strict confidentiality clause not to disclose details of the trial..but somehow they disclose on the day of the verdict the details to a priest in a different country to splash the propaganda fluff piece on a biased website with no factual evidence to back the claim up.

But hey you have your “source”

Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Expect my opnion is backed up with facts while yours is backed up by a make believe source

I have stated that the Jury memembers are under strict confidentiality clause not to disclose details of the trial..but somehow they disclose on the day of the verdict the details to a priest in a different country to splash the propaganda fluff piece on a biased website with no factual evidence to back the claim up.

But hey you have your “source”

Don’t forget that the first jury had finished well before the second verdict... so maybe a few members were yappy? But this was only released later?

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Is it not a potential fact that jury 1 was 10-2 acquit?

It's a "potential" fact that it was anywhere from 10-2 to 2-10.

All we really know is that during the giving of the non-verdict, 5 jurors were in tears.

Which could mean anything.

Correction, not 5, "several", dunno why I had 5 in my head.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Based on what? A biased catholic website that has no factual evidence to back up the claim.

The potential fact could be anything , we will never know and rightly so.

Based only on scuttlebutt of stories of jurors talking (BigFooty remember?) - away from some website of which I know nothing. So fair enough. FWIW, I was brought up to believe in the jury system. And I accept a jury verdict. I also know that juries can sometimes get it wrong. The talk is that this may be one of those times but equally (or more than that) the jury decision prevails. For now.

Is it not a potential fact that jury 1 was 10-2 acquit?

What is a 'potential fact'?

I have read from other 'sources' that it was a holdout the other way (to convict).

In summary, it just depends who you want to believe and given that this second hearing was a unanimous decision, I know which one I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back