Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing says “we’re not confident” like an article declaring how much cap space you’ve got, how much you are willing to offer and how confident you are that you’ll re-sign a player ....in March.

I'm still so salty about last years trade period i'm actually scared to think what we will attempt this year.
Worpel, Sicily and a future 1st round for Gary Abett in his retirement season and Jordan Cunico will probably end up happening.

Weird move by the giants this early in the season. Bit of desperation about it. It’s like the initial talks haven’t gone to plan and now they’re trying to say “ how about you guys let us know what it will take to keep you on board ?”.
The jaeger move from his manager to join Cogs manager has a ‘ let’s do everything together ‘ feel about it. I’m super confident that we’re his first choice as it stands.

Have you not watched Wingard play?

Flashes of brilliance and an unbelievable talent, but no great heights for a few years. Not as much consistency as other stars in the game. Obviously would be nice if we get the best out of him, but I honestly believe it was more important to keep Burton at the stage we are at in our development. Of course I am very happy to be proven wrong.

Flashes of brilliance and an unbelievable talent, but no great heights for a few years. Not as much consistency as other stars in the game. Obviously would be nice if we get the best out of him, but I honestly believe it was more important to keep Burton at the stage we are at in our development. Of course I am very happy to be proven wrong.
Give it 6x months mate, then see if you can even remember Burton's name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you had’ve said “get to West Coast” I’d be concerned .......

But you said Freo hahahahahaha

Well in fairness they would improve the team dramatically. I think they would instantly become the best midfield on paper in the comp.

A team with: Fyfe, Coniglio, Jaeger, Walters, Mundy, Hogan, The Hills, Lobb, Wilson, Ryan and their young talent/complimentary players is quite a strong core.

But thankfully it will never happen.

Weird move by the giants this early in the season. Bit of desperation about it. It’s like the initial talks haven’t gone to plan and now they’re trying to say “ how about you guys let us know what it will take to keep you on board ?”.
The jaeger move from his manager to join Cogs manager has a ‘ let’s do everything together ‘ feel about it. I’m super confident that we’re his first choice as it stands.

JOM switching to Petroro was the most interesting thing I took out of the article.

Lets hope that's part of it.

Well in fairness they would improve the team dramatically. I think they would instantly become the best midfield on paper in the comp.

A team with: Fyfe, Coniglio, Jaeger, Walters, Mundy, Hogan, The Hills, Lobb, Wilson, Ryan and their young talent/complimentary players is quite a strong core.

But thankfully it will never happen.
Yeah true

It’s just that not many gun players actually request to get to Freo

Brad Hill, Hogan?(not a gun I my book)

Ross Lyon...

Does anyone else actually find it unusual that Jaeger switched to Cogs’ manager and not the other way around?
Could be for anything.
Jaegar: my managers giving me the shits lately’
Best mate Cogs: ‘use mine he’s really good, you’ve met him he’s a pisser’
Jaegar: ‘oh yeah he’s a funny prick, il give him a call’

Does anyone else actually find it unusual that Jaeger switched to Cogs’ manager and not the other way around?
Hawks ahead of the game on player manager coercion tactics.

Imagine this
Cog's manager: "well, hawks, there are gonna be a lot of clubs chasing Cogs, you'lll have to cough up"
Hawks: "Yeah, but on a completely separate note - imagine if O'Meara was to suddenly decide to sign with you. That's like $50k in your pocket in the first year"
Cog's manager: "To be honest, everyone is going after Cogs but you're right - Hawthorn would be a great place for him to end up"
Hawks *looking at phone*: "oh look, Jaeger is calling right now. What a coincidence"

I'm still so salty about last years trade period i'm actually scared to think what we will attempt this year.
Worpel, Sicily and a future 1st round for Gary Abett in his retirement season and Jordan Cunico will probably end up happening.
You don't remember the bit where we got Scully And Scrimshaw for ONE third pick then?

Scrimshaw has every bit of potential Burton has plus we netted Scully and Wingard both elite in their area of the ground. We made off like bandits in the night again, next time youre outside face the wind and smell the fear.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back