JLT-2 Crows v GWS - Post Match Thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
What I remember is that you stated with absolute confidence and certainty that Petrenko would never play 50 games of AFL and he played nearly 50% more games than you predicted.......but that’s water under the bridge.

There is no guarantee that Riley Knight will play more AFL games than the Pup but imho that has nothing to with his talent. Riley seems to pick up another obscure injury whenever he is about to move to another level. I was at the G for the 2015 elimination final against the Bulldogs and he played a great game. He has played 28 games in the last three seasons which includes 19 games in 2017.

What I like about Riley is his natural attacking instinct. When he marks the ball he immediately thinks to play on and this can often set up the forwards in front of him. In this regard he reminds me of Kane Johnson in 1997 and 1998. He has a good engine is sneaky quick and tackles well.

I agree that there are plenty of players nipping at his heels and this is a make or break year for him.
Knight and BCrouch seem to be competing for who gets more time in the rehab rooms! I remember Knight playing some great footy back in 2017, one of which was the game against the Cats and he was eye-gouged by Selwood and he responded like a mongrel (but I like!).
Hopefully both BCrouch and Knight can have good, healthy seasons. Knight in particular, deserves some continuity to show us what more he can bring to the team.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Knight's main competition is himself... staying injury free.

If he manages continuity, he is a lock for best 22, but if he doesn't, he will struggle to remain on our list.
I really like Riley Knight for his ferocity but unless they find a new role for him, I think he's going to struggle to keep his spot given who we've drafted. Jones and McHenry will play a lot of footy once they've put on some size and both of them look faster and offer more offensively, though we only have a limited amount of games for comparison.

Our winning percentage with Knight is pretty good. Whether that's a coincidence or not who knows but he does seem to add some infectious spirit when he plays.

Plus that magical defensive pressure that all sides needs in abundance to win.

*wondering about AmericanCrow *
How are ya, mate? :thumbsu: :cool:
Any thoughts on the 2 JLT wins?
How do you fancy our chances in 2019?

Thanks for the mention. Still kicking up this way, ready for the damn cold weather to go away though--that is for sure!

I watched parts of the first and didn't manage to watch the second. For me the biggest thing in the exhibition season is to not suffer any major injuries. I think we can consider that successfully accomplished.

I like the firepower we can bring to bear as we certainly can put points on the board when our big guns are all clicking. Key is definitely going to be the midfield play and being steady on the back line.

I like that we open at home against the Hawks....it is a chance to get things rolling out of the gate. I figure if our key guys stay relatively healthy and we get a surprise or two from an unexpected source along the way there is no reason we can't contend for a top 4 spot. I would be disappointed if we failed to make Finals.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Marty likes to ignore that Hamish only took over in 2012 and then he had two years where he lost 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders and the Tippett pick. Put those 5 players in our side with their development and we would be flying.

Also had the club been able to retain the quality players Hamish picked.

No top 10 picks.

Milera and Doedee are now flying.

Jones looks like he will be a special.

Lots to look forward to unless you have an agenda, if only we had picked Burton, all would be rosy.

That’s the hilarious thing, the agenda against a Talent ID only started on that draft night. It’s pretty well proven that they didn’t make a mistake. But Marty presses on. And then, continues upon his “happy to be competitive” jibe whilst heavily supporting the continued selection of out of form senior players ahead of kids that might cost us a game or 2 but get us a higher pick in a down season like last year. Is he a troll or does he really believe the stuff he keeps repeating?

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Blocking marty is the best thing I've ever done but it certainly makes some threads confusing.

I blocked one completely unhinged poster but he doesn’t post a lot, so not too often confused. But I do need to do the odd double take. Surely the response to an ignored poster could include something like - “Response to ignored content”. I’m sure it did in a previous version.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
That’s the hilarious thing, the agenda against a Talent ID only started on that draft night. It’s pretty well proven that they didn’t make a mistake. But Marty presses on. And then, continues upon his “happy to be competitive” jibe whilst heavily supporting the continued selection of out of form senior players ahead of kids that might cost us a game or 2 but get us a higher pick in a down season like last year. Is he a troll or does he really believe the stuff he keeps repeating?
Obvious troll.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Am I wrong I have 20 years supporting my arguement what have you got

We are becoming the next stkilda

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

No you don’t, your argument started the night we selected Doedee. Prior to that we’d not heard a peep regarding our Talent ID area being the sole reason that we hadn’t won a flag for 20 years and counting. If you had, we’d all have been laughing at you much earlier. You still had your anti-competitive and wanting to bottom out to get high draft picks tenet though. Which is fair in those average years and many others think very similarly. But you somehow went into every selection thread strongly supporting the out of form senior players because the kids won’t help us win the game as much. So lots of us were already laughing at you, but your blame of Talent ID got nearly everyone else laughing. So kudos to you, not much unites nearly everyone on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Although many find it difficult to accept, Don will select a small lock down defender...so Kelly will play Rd 1. Until Brown is fit again

I don’t understand why it’s difficult to accept. I’m a Hartigan supporter, but I’ll melt if him and Keath are both selected and Kelly is left out. I’d rather see Harto in the 2’s than Kelly while Brown is out.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Really enjoyed the game .....our fitness and ability to cover the ground with speed was excellent .....that said Chace was laboring in that last qtr to be expected

Milera is in for one cracker of a year .....with both he and Smith rebounding, i'm not sure there's a team capable of shutting our run down, under the new rules

The bloke that did disappoint was Douglas .....haven't seen the stats, but he just seemed insignificant tonight .....he should not make the R1 side ??

Will they bring Greenwood back ...hope so ....but who goes ?

IMO Murphy and Jones stay .....Douglas goes & we retain speed & tackling that Douglas is not providing

Was expecting a big year from Gallucci .....what's happened to him ??

I think we go unchanged (except Harto/Keath call), give Hugh one or two high game time, loosener upperers in the 2’s. Then it’ll get interesting with who comes out for him and then Gooch probably a couple of weeks later.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I must admit that I haven’t followed Jonty’s career since being selected somewhere in the first round a couple of years back. What’s he doing back at the Bays? Lost the passion and retired I suppose. Shame, was a big wrap for him around here.
Nah that’s the brother your thinking of who is still at Collingwood, recovering from a knee reco. Jonty never got selected.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
He believes it

I do believe we are competitive and will continue to be competitive and dont strive to be like west coast, hawthorn, geelong

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Imo, we will finish above at least 2 of these sides, possibly all 3... so are you saying we should tank instead with a premiership winning squad.

Surely you are better off on the Port board discussing your undying love for Burton...

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I think we go unchanged (except Harto/Keath call), give Hugh one or two high game time, loosener upperers in the 2’s. Then it’ll get interesting with who comes out for him and then Gooch probably a couple of weeks later.
Probably correct with those thoughts

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Imo, we will finish above at least 2 of these sides, possibly all 3... so are you saying we should tank instead with a premiership winning squad.

Surely you are better off on the Port board discussing your undying love for Burton...

yes we do finish above the majority of teams but cant snare that flag, we are obviously not doing it right now are we

Remove this Banner Ad

Back