Rumour: Josh Kelly Recovering From Glandular Fever

esnaider10

Rookie
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Whisper is Josh Kelly recovering from Glandular Fever after being diagnosed a month ago. Info has come from an ex-team mate, can anyone confirm. Apparently club hoping they can get him right for round 1.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Whisper is Josh Kelly recovering from Glandular Fever after being diagnosed a month ago. Info has come from an ex-team mate, can anyone confirm. Apparently club hoping they can get him right for round 1.
Which ex team mate exactly would that be?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Heard nothing like that.

Can't see why the club would hide it though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
You would be extremely naive if you don't think clubs don't try an hide anything they can. Not to say they are here but if I found out they were later I wouldn't blink.

No media means no pressure, no questions every single day, no one blowing up his Insta every day asking. No him having to talk to people in the street about it etc.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
You would be extremely naive if you don't think clubs don't try an hide anything they can. Not to say they are here but if I found out they were later I wouldn't blink.

No media means no pressure, no questions every single day, no one blowing up his Insta every day asking. No him having to talk to people in the street about it etc.

I have no doubt clubs hide things all the time,
Ours is no different, but I don't see a reason they would hide this.

Not saying they aren't.

I wouldn't say no media just a lot less.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I have no doubt clubs hide things all the time,
Ours is no different, but I don't see a reason they would hide this.

Not saying they aren't.

I wouldn't say no media just a lot less.

If he does have this though because of his profile it would be the first an last question every day to every player an member of staff. It's not like he went out an bashed someone so I don't really see a downside to trying to hide it*

* again no idea if it's true or not

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Seems plausible. They’re obviously hiding either this or another injury. You don’t just pull up ‘sore’ from a practice match and then miss several weeks of important preparation work, and are then in doubt for round one.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Seems plausible. They’re obviously hiding either this or another injury. You don’t just pull up ‘sore’ from a practice match and then miss several weeks of important preparation work, and are then in doubt for round one.
Leon was on the radio stating it was because of the operations he had after last season.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
As in he came back from his operations, resumed full training and match play and has now had a setback in the recovery?
Possible.

I don't know why mate all I can go on is Leon was asked on SEN yesterday and he said that he had the op end of last year and his recovery and training isn't there yet. But will be for round 1.

Could he be sick? Yep but it's be strange to hide something so "meh".

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS

Your post and reality bear no similarity to each other at all. Josh hasn't actually pulled up sore from anything of course.

Your post and reality bear no similarity to each other at all. Josh hasn't actually pulled up sore from anything of course.

Leon was on the radio stating it was because of the operations he had after last season.

So which is it?

I don’t listen to radio, but more inclined to believe GG’s version of reality, it tends to be closer to what mine and everybody else’s is.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
So which is it?

I don’t listen to radio, but more inclined to believe GG’s version of reality, it tends to be closer to what mine and everybody else’s is.
I can only go on what he said yesterday.
Anything else would be a guess on my part.

Club's lie all the time, but about an illness? I wouldn't see the point.

I can only go on what he said yesterday.
Anything else would be a guess on my part.

Club's lie all the time, but about an illness? I wouldn't see the point.

If he has symptoms of an illness, and this is purely hypothetical as I’ve done no reading on what his current status is and I’m just treating this rumour on face value, but no diagnosis it isn’t a lie yet. Muscle soreness is a symptom, but it’s also a product of training etc. The club could just be waiting for things to pan out, hypothetically.

Although it is disputed now by old mate whether Kelly is even sore. Wonderful

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
If he has symptoms of an illness, and this is purely hypothetical as I’ve done no reading on what his current status is and I’m just treating this rumour on face value, but no diagnosis it isn’t a lie yet. Muscle soreness is a symptom, but it’s also a product of training etc. The club could just be waiting for things to pan out, hypothetically.

Although it is disputed now by old mate whether Kelly is even sore. Wonderful
Except no one has spoken of Josh having muscle soreness except a couple of injury trolling Bulldogs supporters. Even you concede you have no idea.

Except no one has spoken of Josh having muscle soreness except a couple of injury trolling Bulldogs supporters. Even you concede you have no idea.

What is General Giant talking about then?

Personal abuse in response to a well measured post isn’t really a good way to go about having a mature discussion.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Your own poster just said he was missing due to his off-season operations.

And then this from the AFL site:

"The Giants are confident midfielders Kelly and Hopper will be right for round one despite not playing in the JLT Community Series, after they pulled up sore from a practice match against Sydney.''

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Ägain:

"The Giants are confident midfielders Kelly and Hopper will be right for round one despite not playing in the JLT Community Series, after they pulled up sore from a practice match against Sydney.''

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS

How do you think lying will help? Josh hasn't played any practice games. Poor injury troll.

Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS

I stated what Leon said on the radio yesterday.

I don't know personally.

I'm not his own poster.

How do you think lying will help? Josh hasn't played any practice games. Poor injury troll.

Is the AFL website lying too? All he is doing is relaying information.

In your mind why hasn’t josh played practice games?

Back