The Eternal Punting Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
equal second favourite to win the flag $7.50. **** knows how. im still loading up every week on missing the 8 out to $9 now. still need to win 2 of 3 i reckon so good bet this week incase we lose. at least ill have thousands to drown my sorrows if we do miss out and if we make it **** the $500 ive put on us to miss cause we made it baby.
Unless we're belted, we should be able to make it with just the one win ... But I'm going to have some of it missing the 8 for sure.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Bet365 still got the swans at $3, I'll be having some money on that for sure.

I'll be putting $50 On our opponents every week now, $150 for us to make the finals or winning nearly $500 if we lose them all.

So negative everyone. Why not just chuck it on the swans because you think they’ll get out to a fast start, take the “20 up you win” option and the Dees dominate the next 3 qtrs for a comfy 62 point win.

Feb 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mates horse is running around again today in Perth. Has been in average form but they’ve been riding it forward. Changing tactics today and will ride it cold like they were when he was winning races last prep. They’re pretty confident. Currently $9 . Don’t think it will shorten so I wouldn’t back it fixed odds
Race 4 #1 astronomite each way

Couple of others I’ll be backing
Race 1 #5 our mate boots $16 e/w
Race 2 #2 Rebel Knight $2.30 win
Race 5 #7 Patapus $8 e/w

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
was 7 bucks 2 weeks ago 9 bucks last week ive been putting atleast 100 on it a week for the last month. its a win win really

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
How many people here need to put a serious amount of coin on us losing to West Coast and/or missing finals before this strange karmic seesaw slowly tips towards a Dees victory?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put $500 on us to miss at 3.75 with bet365.

Free money....

Bet365 still got the swans at $3, I'll be having some money on that for sure.

I'll be putting $50 On our opponents every week now, $150 for us to make the finals or winning nearly $500 if we lose them all.

Ive looked up the one bookmaker since reading this post, Sportsbet, and you can get $3.80 by multi'ing WCE into GWS vs us the last two rounds. You probably find even better than $3.80 if you look hard enough across multiple books.

Good bet also i reckon.

God, knows how we are $1.60 favs vs GWS, but we are.

edit: apologies Hotdees who posted pretty much the same prior to me... need my :eyeglasses: obviously

Last edited:
How many people here need to put a serious amount of coin on us losing to West Coast and/or missing finals before this strange karmic seesaw slowly tips towards a Dees victory?

Nothing short of re-mortaging one's house will work, and the Mrs is a co-sign on mine unfortunately, I'm also pretty sure its -EV to re-mortgage your house for your football team to make the finals. I could be wrong though.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Ive looked up the one bookmaker since reading this post, Sportsbet, and you can get $3.80 by multi'ing WCE into GWS vs us the last two rounds. You probably find even better than $3.80 if you look hard enough across multiple books.

Good bet also i reckon.

God, knows how we are $1.60 favs vs GWS, but we are.

edit: apologies Hotdees who posted pretty much the same prior to me... need my :eyeglasses: obviously

Yah I haven't laid my bet yet but that's a much better option, guaranteed if we dripped all our coin on the missed finals Melbourne would lose both games an still make finals still ******* us over somehow.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Made me bet, did what the guys said and parlayed the 2 results together. Also means I can cash out once GWS get 5 goals up so I can take the money and hope for the comeback.

Also put $20 On Richmond into Melbourne 1-39 over WC just in case. Then I can dump another $80 On GWS to beat us in the last round.

How the * are GWS $2.25 right now?
20180816_154633.jpg

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back