Endless Summer of Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
Imo, we need to reward the guys who fought back from 0-2 to win our 1st series in a long time & 1st in 10 years against India away.

My world cup team would be:
1 Khawaja
2 Finch
3 Smith
4 Handscomb
5 Stoinis
6 Maxwell
7 Carey
8 Richardson
9 Cummins
10 Starc
11 Zampa

12 Warner
13 Turner
14 Coulter-Nile
15 Behrendorff (need another swing option in the UK)

Hazelwood isn't death bowler & poorer bat than most.

Lyon isn't needed as we already have Zampa, Smith, Maxwell, Turner & Finch even as options

Good squad but Finch is on a tightrope. Saying that his field placings last night were a reason for the win. What has Wade done wrong?

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Imo, we need to reward the guys who fought back from 0-2 to win our 1st series in a long time & 1st in 10 years against India away.

My world cup team would be:
1 Khawaja
2 Finch
3 Smith
4 Handscomb
5 Stoinis
6 Maxwell
7 Carey
8 Richardson
9 Cummins
10 Starc
11 Zampa

12 Warner
13 Turner
14 Coulter-Nile
15 Behrendorff (need another swing option in the UK)

Hazelwood isn't death bowler & poorer bat than most.

Lyon isn't needed as we already have Zampa, Smith, Maxwell, Turner & Finch even as options
This is pretty close to what will/should happen, except for your ludicrous omission of Warner. That just makes you sound like Marty omitting Doedee.

This is pretty close to what will/should happen, except for your ludicrous omission of Warner. That just makes you sound like Marty omitting Doedee.
I have him in the squad unless you failed to read & all the squad will play games to finalise the team for the finals.

Name your side then o wise grumpy one.. Who do you drop to make way for Warnee? The captain or the man of the series?

Likening me to Marty makes you insane lol!

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Completely different situations, Marty is on crack. While on talent warner is a sure bet, I'm not sure its a given he's straight back in?

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Completely different situations, Marty is on crack. While on talent warner is a sure bet, I'm not sure its a given he's straight back in?
Of course it's a given. Kane is clearly of the belief that Denial is only a river in Egypt. His posting on this subject has been consistent in that regard.

Of course it's a given. Kane is clearly of the belief that Denial is only a river in Egypt. His posting on this subject has been consistent in that regard.
Name your team & squad Vader & we will see who is closer...

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Agree totally, but ...
it won't happen. They'll rush Warner back in, at least until his next temper-tantrum or some vile sledge creates more trouble.

It'd be good if Turner and Maxwell could both be played, but 8 into 7 won't go. They'll probably alternate one then the other to see who's in best form if we make the finals.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I believe it's 15 players, finalised 2 weeks before WC starts.

Does anybody know if they can replace injured players (I think probably).
Yes but I think there's an initial squad of 30 that replacement players have to come from

The problem isn't the squad. It's your refusal to admit that he'll be in the starting 11.
Yet you refuse to post your 11.

I wonder why...

So who are you dropping - the captain or the man of the series?

They will rotate all of the squad & pick the best in form players for the finals... so it's like saying I only named a good player on the bench in football... which funny enough is one of Marty's issues.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Haven't been following the cricket for around 2 months now. Is Warner’s or Smith’s current form warrant World Cup selections?
Let’s just forget the politics, I’m wanting just a form guide.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
I have him in the squad unless you failed to read & all the squad will play games to finalise the team for the finals.

Name your side then o wise grumpy one.. Who do you drop to make way for Warnee? The captain or the man of the series?

Likening me to Marty makes you insane lol!
Well, an obvious thing could be dropping Handscomb and moving Smith to four.

Another thing would be dropping Finch, just like we've dropped test vice captains like Marsh.

Obviously I read your squad. The stupidity is thinking that the Australian selectors would have Warner getting splinters on the reserves bench. He will be one of the first half a dozen selected.

Well, an obvious thing could be dropping Handscomb and moving Smith to four.

Another thing would be dropping Finch, just like we've dropped test vice captains like Marsh.

Obviously I read your squad. The stupidity is thinking that the Australian selectors would have Warner getting splinters on the reserves bench. He will be one of the first half a dozen selected.
Finch on form should be dropped, but won't be as captain... certainly not for early games, but perhaps later if dire against the swinging ball.

Khawaja won't be dropped as recent man of the series. He has a poor record at #3.

Handscomb was our 2nd best batsman of the series.

It's not straight forward to fit Warner as you think.

It's irrelevant any way as like most series, they will rotate all squad players, then settle on the form line up for finals... so Warner will get his chance to stake a claim.. so the stupidity of your thinking is limiting it to 11 players & throwing a Warner hissyfit..

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Yet you refuse to post your 11.

I wonder why...

So who are you dropping - the captain or the man of the series?

They will rotate all of the squad & pick the best in form players for the finals... so it's like saying I only named a good player on the bench in football... which funny enough is one of Marty's issues.
My guess is they'll drop Stoinis, Handscomb, or (knowing these selectors) Maxwell, shuffling Khawaja down to make room for Warner. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Finch dropped, given his poor form since he was picked for the test team last year.

Make no bones about it, Warner will be playing in the World Cup team, and he won't be watching from the sidelines as a reserve squad member.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Finch on form should be dropped, but won't be as captain... certainly not for early games, but perhaps later if dire against the swinging ball.

Khawaja won't be dropped as recent man of the series. He has a poor record at #3.

Handscomb was our 2nd best batsman of the series.

It's not straight forward to fit Warner as you think.

It's irrelevant any way as like most series, they will rotate all squad players, then settle on the form line up for finals... so Warner will get his chance to stake a claim.. so the stupidity of your thinking is limiting it to 11 players & throwing a Warner hissyfit..
You're looking at it the wrong way. It's not a matter of who goes out for Warner, it's a case of Warner & Smith being the first two batsmen picked, then the rest of the batsmen get picked around them.

My guess is they'll drop Stoinis, Handscomb, or (knowing these selectors) Maxwell, shuffling Khawaja down to make room for Warner. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Finch dropped, given his poor form since he was picked for the test team last year.

Make no bones about it, Warner will be playing in the World Cup team, and he won't be watching from the sidelines as a reserve squad member.
All squad members will play games, so they all get a chance to push their case for the finals games. All will be watching for some games.

Khawaja either opens or doesn't play as his record is poor when not opening. Agree Finch should be dropped but won't be unless it becomes untenable.

You're looking at it the wrong way. It's not a matter of who goes out for Warner, it's a case of Warner & Smith being the first two batsmen picked, then the rest of the batsmen get picked around them.
I disagree that it's a given.

You still won't give me your 11 & squad...

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I did.. I'm happy with your squad. Drop Finch, Handscomb, Stoinis (my choice), or Maxwell, shuffle Khawaja accordingly.
They're not going to drop Stoinis or Handscomb after his Indian series. Finch is skipper but I'd get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back