2019 Membership

It was about 400-500 less than that 2 days ago. Nice to see it continue to increase following the finish of the JLT.

I hope we are competitive Rd 1 and can really boost it up there this year.
26.5K would be a genuine and respectable target I reckon!

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
23,032 this morning.
Come on 2 more thousand before nek Saturday.
Even 1 more thousand would be okay , last year we didn't reach 24,000 until May.
I still reckon a few more people this year would of upgraded memberships to more games if possible.
We did go back to full season tickets this year , from 2 x 3 game memberships ( 6 games each) last year.
Hopefully this will reflect better game patronage.
Anyone else upgraded?

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
23,032 this morning.
Come on 2 more thousand before nek Saturday.
Even 1 more thousand would be okay , last year we didn't reach 24,000 until May.
I still reckon a few more people this year would of upgraded memberships to more games if possible.
We did go back to full season tickets this year , from 2 x 3 game memberships ( 6 games each) last year.
Hopefully this will reflect better game patronage.
Anyone else upgraded?
No upgrade for me. But was pritty close from going from full GA member (x4. 2 adults 2 kids) to the next one up. Only thing that keeps me in GA is I have friends that generally come to most games with us. And as far as I'm aware the next one up is designated seating.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
If I have a reserved seat, am I allowed to go into GA to sit with a few mates as well?

It's literally 2 sections apart, 29 to 31 etc;

Yep. General admission is a very literal term. Once you’re in the gate, General admission belongs to everyone.

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yep. General admission is a very literal term. Once you’re in the gate, General admission belongs to everyone.
Often wondered about this.
Don't mind sitting behind the goals at the western side , but as it is general admission I thought if you leave your seats you could lose them. so someone needs to stay and mind them.
So back to our normal seats.
Always enjoy popping up for a wander to the refreshments bar in the breaks for those top shelf Carlton Mid beers, pfft.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I only have a supporters membership as I'm at work when most of the games are on, but am able to go to the Eagles and Collingwood games this year.

Previously we have only sat in the Western Side GA section. But this season, as I will be solo (wife at home with new born), I was thinking of sitting up on the one of the wings.

Can anyone recommend a section and possibly row/s to sit in?

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I only have a supporters membership as I'm at work when most of the games are on, but am able to go to the Eagles and Collingwood games this year.

Previously we have only sat in the Western Side GA section. But this season, as I will be solo (wife at home with new born), I was thinking of sitting up on the one of the wings.

Can anyone recommend a section and possibly row/s to sit in?
Anywhere on the top level is excellent viewing, both night games so sun in the eyes wont be an issue. Personal preference but I don't like sitting too far up the back, I like it around a dozen rows back from the rail.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Anywhere on the top level is excellent viewing, both night games so sun in the eyes wont be an issue. Personal preference but I don't like sitting too far up the back, I like it around a dozen rows back from the rail.
Thanks for the reply jason pm. I'm looking at two options. Option one is some towards the front of section 65, row F. Or lash out and look at seating in section 27.

Having only ever sat in GA before, and not knowing anything else about what is available in the Gabba, I don't know what is available to people in section 27/28 and what makes it more expensive.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Thanks for the reply jason pm. I'm looking at two options. Option one is some towards the front of section 65, row F. Or lash out and look at seating in section 27.

Having only ever sat in GA before, and not knowing anything else about what is available in the Gabba, I don't know what is available to people in section 27/28 and what makes it more expensive.
Can't help you there unfortunately briz, I've been in section 74 for over a decade now and love it there.

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

We are section 29 and that is reserved seating so that could be the same in 27/28.

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Looking on the Lions site, and there's some seats in 27 and 28 on sale at $130 per seat. If the view from there is very good, I'd consider that price for the Collingwood game.
We are down the lower tier.
You must be looking at the upper level, but that sounds expensive.
I thought it was about 60 up there.

May 5, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just had a look at the site.
You are looking at the mid tier seating.
Dude that is premo seats right there.
Close to the action and elevation.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Looking on the Lions site, and there's some seats in 27 and 28 on sale at $130 per seat. If the view from there is very good, I'd consider that price for the Collingwood game.

Hi brizton I am in section 5 (who would have guessed) Row S which are premium seats. It is an elevated position and you actually don't get wet when it rains.
I just checked the available tickets but none available in section 5. However their are about 10 available in Section 4, three in row S, Price $66 Adult. I have no idea if is a non drinking section ?? if that is important. All i can say is if they are anything like mine it is excellent value at $66 be Quick.
If you decide to go Row S don't take the one up against the separating fence. That applies to all tickets

damo72

Draftee
Mar 17, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I have a 11 game GA membership, trying to use online code for the west coast game but says its not valid....anyone else had/having that prob or is GA sold out for the club?

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
2B6113CC-6860-4F58-A267-AB077C5FC456.jpeg

Just had a look at the site.
You are looking at the mid tier seating.
Dude that is premo seats right there.
Close to the action and elevation.

Read that and thought it was a banner suggestion:D
p.s. miss the green emoji that was all teeth

Back