List Mgmt. 2019 Draft/Trade/FA Thread - Final Wrap

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish the kid every success. He's quite possibly one of those kids who miss out on the draft, and spend 3 to 5 years playing VFL, SANFL, WAFL before making it on to a list.

The Suns lose nothing by adding Fletcher to their rookie list, and if he applies himself and shows he has more strings to his bow that he showed at TAC Cup level, the kid might be re-rookied and have a successful career.

It's a win win scenario. Gold Coast essentially get a cheap look at kid and first rights if he has what it takes, and Fletcher gets a year in a professional system, not having to supplement his VFL wage working part or full time. I think the base wage for a rookie is around 50-55k, not bad money for a 19 year old, and it's more than many grown adults with families earn at my work.

What is the point then, you can't really compare a rookie (SPP) pick with a Top 20 pick .
The discussion wasn't comparing Fletcher to anyone. It was about how he was rated, and by extension viewed, by draft watchers and recruiters.

barberbarbarian mentioned that Knightmare at one point rated Fletcher as a top 25 prospect. Out of curiosity barberbarbarian what date is that quote from Knightmare taken?

I replied that while I like reading Knighmare, I don't rate him as highly as the AFL DraftCentral team, or Cal Twomey either for that matter. I find both much more reliable when it comes to draft discussion.

On the Lions board we have a small group who follow the draft and the kids pretty closely. Mainly because we've been really sh!t the last few years and the draft represents hope for our future.

The discussion wasn't comparing Fletcher to anyone. It was about how he was rated, and by extension viewed, by draft watchers and recruiters.

barberbarbarian mentioned that Knightmare at one point rated Fletcher as a top 25 prospect. Out of curiosity barberbarbarian what date is that quote from Knightmare taken?

I replied that while I like reading Knighmare, I don't rate him as highly as the AFL DraftCentral team, or Cal Twomey either for that matter. I find both much more reliable when it comes to draft discussion.

On the Lions board we have a small group who follow the draft and the kids pretty closely. Mainly because we've been really sh!t the last few years and the draft represents hope for our future.
The first quote I gave was from July 30.

Whats the massive problem Bods

And how the hell did you get suspended , You never leave the GC Board
"The massive problem" is Brodie potentially being out of favour with Dew and on the outer at seasons end.

I think Mr Bods banned himself, or at least said he was going to take a little holiday from the board for a while.

Whats the massive problem Bods

And how the hell did you get suspended , You never leave the GC Board
If there's a will, There's a way.

And that's all we'll say on the matter.

Moving on and catching up on news from my little away period (Aside from waking up to multiple texts re:Rory): Interested in seeing what this new kid can do even if he's just midfield depth for the potential injury tidal wave (please not again)

Maybe could have gone with a tall defender but I'm not going to sit here and pretend I know what the FO should be doing.

If Fletcher is ahead of Brodie on your midfield depth scale, then Brodie has mailed it in and is out the door at the end of the year.

Did you watch the lions v suns academy game last week . If so which players from both sides do you rate as potential draft picks this year

Did you watch the lions v suns academy game last week . If so which players from both sides do you rate as potential draft picks this year
No. I haven't found any reports from the game either. I would love to be able to follow the academy, but so little news comes out from the Lions about our academy. I guess the club doesn't want to have fans put any expectations or pressure on the kids.

If any GC fans watched the game, I would love a match report.

As for possible draftees from both academies, I guess the kids who are in the Allies Academy are the obvious ones to follow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really wonder how much Brodie contract worth this year and next year without playing AFL games compare to somebody like Sheer , Dawson .

I reckon he goes straight into NEAFL team. Would have been doing a Pre-season at Box Hill before this. Interested to see how he slots in.

https://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news...fletcher?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Ben and Jack just got someone else they know..

Fletcher will join the club after progressing through the elite pathway programs as a junior, playing alongside new teammates, Jack Lukosius and Ben King with the AFL Academy side.

I don't wish you guys the spoon, but I hope for the sake of your rebuild you finish last and have pick 1 in the draft.

Noah Anderson looks exactly like what you need.

https://nableague.com.au/nab-league-boys-stats-central-round-1/
  1. Highly rated Oakleigh Chargers prospect Noah Anderson produced an all-round set of numbers that any on-baller would be proud of in his team’s 41-point defeat of the Eastern Ranges. 190cm Anderson recorded 26 disposals, five marks, five clearances, six inside-50s, four goals and three score assists in a dominant individual display.

I'd rather finish first and then Brisbane finish last and we get pick 1 anyway.
I would prefer this too, Not because I have anything against Brisbane but because that way we'd have our cake and be able to eat it too. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back