Opinion 2019 Non Crows - Watts love got to do with it? #pick1herewecome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I continually hear that Port dragged us to AO kicking & screaming, b
I don't know all the details either, but I think the whole "kicking and screaming" thing is Port puffery.

I think Port jumped at it, we were more cautious about making sure the deal was a good one. It's not like we didn't want to move / didn't see the benefits, which is the way Port supporters would like to see it.

I don't know all the details either, but I think the whole "kicking and screaming" thing is Port puffery.

I think Port jumped at it, we were more cautious about making sure the deal was a good one. It's not like we didn't want to move / didn't see the benefits, which is the way Port supporters would like to see it.

It's an irony, Port jumped at it, losing them all leverage to negotiate a good outcome.

They now complain that the SMA precludes them from earning revenue.

The AFC did not immediately jump and insisted no worse off. The AFC has then not proceeded to whine about the SMA deal.

Ultimately, it was about driving strategic outcomes rather than grasping for the first new shiny thing without thinking through the consequences.

Arguably a similar thing happened in 1990.

I know that when Fagan saw the details of our move to AO he thought it was a joke and one sided towards the SMA/SANFL.

We are seeing that flow through now.

Port jumped at it as they desperately needed something. We were sceptical, even with Trigg as an SANFL sycophant.

We were right.

The deal was a shambles. Only in SA could such a thing happen.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I know that when Fagan saw the details of our move to AO he thought it was a joke and one sided towards the SMA/SANFL.

Port jumped at it as they desperately needed something. We were sceptical, even with Trigg as an SANFL sycophant.

We were right.

The stadium deal at AO by all accounts is significantly better than the one we had at Footy Park, hence why our financials are up from what they were 5 years ago.

I think the issue of why we were reluctant to move had more to do with the massive investment that we were coerced into making at Footy Park.

The stadium deal at AO by all accounts is significantly better than the one we had at Footy Park, hence why our financials are up from what they were 5 years ago.

I think the issue of why we were reluctant to move had more to do with the massive investment that we were coerced into making at Footy Park.
I dont know that its significantly better, but it is better.

Is it?
Or are we just getting more people to the games and membership is up.

Plus growth in revenues from other areas.

I guess there are more "corporate " facilities there. That is where I suspect most of the uplift is from at AO over FP.

This is not good news for pick 1

Roberton didn't play for much of last year either, St Kilda also didn't have Hannebery, and McCartin only played 13 games.

They still won 4 matches, drew another one and lost a sixth by 2 points. They were much better than Carlton last year without being very good

Roberton didn't play for much of last year either, St Kilda also didn't have Hannebery, and McCartin only played 13 games.

They still won 4 matches, drew another one and lost a sixth by 2 points. They were much better than Carlton last year without being very good
Reckon Carlton will jump in front of them and win 4 games, I just cant see St Kilda doing that. They might get 1 in R1 against the Suns but not too many more.

Theyre used to boasting, they dominated the sanfl. That hasnt translated to the afl, so they celebrate tiny things that dont matter.

'we won the first showdown'
'we pushed for AO'
'we sing a song before our games'
'we are heaps older than you'

Its moronic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were right.

Was Fagan even involved?

Reckon Carlton will jump in front of them and win 4 games, I just cant see St Kilda doing that. They might get 1 in R1 against the Suns but not too many more.
It may come down to who wins the 2 St Kilda/Carlton games? Last year St Kilda thrashed them by 10 goals (and that score flattered Carlton when you saw the skill levels on display).

I'm not convinced they will be awful, in 2017 they won 11 matches. Was last year a dip or a trend?

Carlton and Gold Coast are behind them for sure in terms of performances over the last few years

It's bullshit - good for the kid, but is it seriously no compensation?

As I understand it there’s no longer compensation paid for players recruited out. Instead each club gets a fixed amount for development. I guess on the assumption that they’ll all lose someone at some stage and at least they have some certainty of how much they’ve got coming in, rather than a more complicated formula. I have a feeling it’s $10k (which is bugger all in the scheme of things) but I could be wrong. Happy to be corrected on all counts

After all Port Powers pinched the state jumper and put their colours on it.
Not quite right there...
Lucy Burford, a Port Adelaide fan who is a grade one student at Ardtornish Primary School in suburban St Agnes, used the Australian Rugby League jumper owned by her father Martyn as an inspiration for the teal and white V being placed on a black background.

As I understand it there’s no longer compensation paid for players recruited out. Instead each club gets a fixed amount for development. I guess on the assumption that they’ll all lose someone at some stage and at least they have some certainty of how much they’ve got coming in, rather than a more complicated formula. I have a feeling it’s $10k (which is bugger all in the scheme of things) but I could be wrong. Happy to be corrected on all counts
You’re correct, all traditional SANFL clubs the same “development grant” from the AFL whether they have no players drafted or 10 drafted. It’s more than $10k though, I’m not sure of the figure but I think it’s somewhere around $30k-$50k.

Wtf.

Was a joke with AFLX... but surely they can keep this rubbish out of the season proper.

What they do not seem to understand is the reason they are adopting the Marvel stuff is because Marvel have done a good job of creating a brand that appeals to kids

So that’s the ticket AFL. Use all the many assets at your disposal - particularly the players - to create a brand that appeals to kids. Rather than just bringing in another brand and thinking that will do it

In science fiction it’s called world building. Do that instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back