2019 planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple of little against-the-grain gambles I’m considering taking... J.Higgins instead of Worpel in the forward line, Hunter Clark instead of Williams in defence.

Higgins and Clark both had great junior numbers and look poised for second year breakouts and moves into the midfield at their respective clubs. Thoughts?
I was dead set against Higgins at first but he has grown on me over the preseason and is currently sitting at F4 for me, realistically what do we think he can average? Could he give 90 a nudge?

Also any Tiger fans know if he is set for significantly more mid time?

I was dead set against Higgins at first but he has grown on me over the preseason and is currently sitting at F4 for me, realistically what do we think he can average? Could he give 90 a nudge?

Also any Tiger fans know if he is set for significantly more mid time?
He will be playing midfield but prob 50/50 with forward time.

Couple of little against-the-grain gambles I’m considering taking... J.Higgins instead of Worpel in the forward line, Hunter Clark instead of Williams in defence.

Higgins and Clark both had great junior numbers and look poised for second year breakouts and moves into the midfield at their respective clubs. Thoughts?
Clark has looked solid in JLT. Chances of picking second year break outs are extremely difficult though. Think he definitely COULD be a good pick. But also think a lot depends on whether Stevens comes back and if that changes his role or not

Clark has looked solid in JLT. Chances of picking second year break outs are extremely difficult though. Think he definitely COULD be a good pick. But also think a lot depends on whether Stevens comes back and if that changes his role or not

Good points. Think his price allows me to wait a week or two on him and see how he looks. If Williams doesn’t play round 1 for whatever reason then I may end up starting with Clark but otherwise he’s a wait and see sort of proposition.

Think so as you need more money for Smith.
Having Smith & Clarke make some money would be a nice change. Then roll to Fort etc later in the season.

What's Martin doing Round 1, he's not in the AFL 22 from what I see. Smith is starting ruck.

Having Smith & Clarke make some money would be a nice change. Then roll to Fort etc later in the season.

Imagine if we had Clarke and Smith both starting round 1. Would be a lot of money sitting on your ruck bench but wowee imagine having an R3 and R4 both playing and making cash... unheard of o_O

Last edited:
Think so as you need more money for Smith.

What's Martin doing Round 1, he's not in the AFL 22 from what I see. Smith is starting ruck.
Would certainly take those AFL 22's with a pinch of salt (if that)

But yep, definitely merit in having Archie on your bench. Looking at that option myself.

DynamiteDons can you shed any light on if Daniher's injury opens the door for Clarke?

Would be seriously tempting to go down that route wouldn’t it. Imagine what that mountain of cash would do elsewhere :think:
It really would. I usually go a budget R2 every year but every year since I can remember has actually warranted it and had decent options. This year just doesn't have those options. Still risky business I suppose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This preseason has to end...

Now I’m considering trading macrae and going

Macrae to trealor
Steele to m crouch

Not sure if there’s is much benefit in this at all or if it makes my midfield worse not having macrae

The big questions are: What were your reasons to pick Macrae in the first place? What has happened to make you reconsider selecting him?

Macrae to trealor
Steele to Cripps

4K short of going steele to cogs :(

Not sure if there’s is much benefit in this at all or if it makes my midfield worse not having macrae
IMO that is definitely a safe option

The big questions are: What were your reasons to pick Macrae in the first place? What has happened to make you reconsider selecting him?

I still think macrae will Be the highest scoring player this year and I will want him in my team. Just slightly concerned by swans in rnd 1 if he Cops a tight tag and his price could drop 50k+ very quick.

At the same time he may go 130 from the get go and I’m left chasing my tail all season to get him.

Maybe I’m just making change for the sake of change at this point now

Macrae to trealor
Steele to Cripps

4K short of going steele to cogs :(

Love the Steele pick

Who’s everyone’s top 8 mids and what do you think they’ll average?

Not too different to last year IMO.

Assume you're not including Danger:
Macrae, Cogs, Cripps, Oliver, Crouch, Merrett, one of the Pies (Sidey/Beams/Treloar), some bolter.

Too hard to estimate averages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back