Free Agency Stephen Coniglio

Where do you think he will play in 2020 and beyond?

• GWS

Votes: 61 12.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 179 35.4%
  • Carlton

Votes: 185 36.6%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 14 2.8%
  • West Coast

Votes: 27 5.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This program has about as much relevance as JOM and Cogs being thunder buddies for life. Cogs being Italian and raised with old school Italian values is something that he feels very strongly about wether it’s in NSW, VIC or WA. BTW I’m pretty sure the latgest population of Italian expats reside in VIC.

I'd say it's more relevant since it's a 4 year program for Western Sydney.

If you don't like all this talk about where he is going or staying why are you here?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I'd say it's more relevant since it's a 4 year program for Western Sydney.

If you don't like all this talk about where he is going or staying why are you here?

I don't dislike the talk of his impending free agency at all cause there's a high chance he'll come to Hawthorn. I just don't agree with the straw man logic that because he has signed a 4 year deal on GWS affiliated multicultural program. If anything its things like this being reported and the one most recently where your head honchos have said to Cogs and Kelly name you price whist opening the cheque book. All I hear is panic with the sharks in the water.

Anyways FWIW I do think its a high chance he stays but if he does leave then I think its definitely to the HFC.

Your a different kind of stupid if you think that this is something you think he needs to be in GWS to be involved with. If you ask the kids of these schools who he was then 90% of them wouldn’t know.
wow. abusive into the bargain.
given that is the NSW State Government partnering with GWS for a program entirely based within Western Sydney then I think it is a fair assumption that he would need to be involved with GWS to have his name on it.

and with more than half a million under 15 years old in the region, I'll take a 10% recognition factor as a starting point

wow. abusive into the bargain.
given that is the NSW State Government partnering with GWS for a program entirely based within Western Sydney then I think it is a fair assumption that he would need to be involved with GWS to have his name on it.

and with more than half a million under 15 years old in the region, I'll take a 10% recognition factor as a starting point

So for whatever reason if Cogs decides to leave don't you think its as simple as re-naming the program something like the Tim Taranto-Amanda Farrugia Community Program or does the new player have to strictly be Italian?

So for whatever reason if Cogs decides to leave don't you think its as simple as re-naming the program something like the Tim Taranto-Amanda Farrugia Community Program or does the new player have to strictly be Italian?
there is that. but why sign on for four years at the very launch of a program named in your honour if you're seriously considering leaving the club you're vice captain of after a couple of months?

to me, it shows more of an indication of his future thinking/plans than pointing out he once played junior footy with a guy from Hawthorn.

but... you know.... big footy's got to big footy I suppose.

I’m assuming it was done with his permission - if he was looking to walk out at the end of the year, why would he put his name to a 4 year $400,000 program in Western Sydney?

Hmmmmm....

More than 3000 multicultural students across 20 schools in Western Sydney will get closer to the GIANTS than ever before thanks to a new community program named after two of the club’s stars.
The Stephen Coniglio-Amanda Farrugia Community Program is made possible thanks to a $400,000 commitment over four years from the NSW Liberals and Nationals Government.
Wonder how the Jaeger's Juniors programme is going on the Gold Coast?

there is that. but why sign on for four years at the very launch of a program named in your honour if you're seriously considering leaving the club you're vice captain of after a couple of months?

to me, it shows more of an indication of his future thinking/plans than pointing out he once played junior footy with a guy from Hawthorn.

The only thing that is big footy being big footy is your straw man theory that just because his name is on a GWS partnered program that he won't up and leave at the end of the season. You either don't know or don't remember that us Hawthorn fans have already been through all this with Buddy. All our fans would clutch at any shadow as to what his intentions ere. He'll NEVER leave Hawthorn is what the logic was.

Anyways you keep doing you mate and don't try and pigeon hole everyone at big footy cause at the end of the day that would include you too.

Because he hasn't signed-on to the one contract that actually matters.....Just at a guess mind.

I don't dislike the talk of his impending free agency at all cause there's a high chance he'll come to Hawthorn. I just don't agree with the straw man logic that because he has signed a 4 year deal on GWS affiliated multicultural program. If anything its things like this being reported and the one most recently where your head honchos have said to Cogs and Kelly name you price whist opening the cheque book. All I hear is panic with the sharks in the water.

Anyways FWIW I do think its a high chance he stays but if he does leave then I think its definitely to the HFC.

Hardly considering he has always been our multicultural ambassador.

And I don't see how a "report" saying we are opening our cheque book is any sign of panic when any club is probably doing the same for him and Kelly.

So you hate straw man logic...
Ok so you might as well stay out of here until he signs a contract with us or until trade week as all of this is just discussion and conjecture.

Or he's asked if he wants to support this program and he says na I can't I'm leaving in 12 months.

So I don't think it's as strong a sign as you suggest.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

He's not going to Hawthorn.
Ooooh you just started pain for yourself.
b47171aeb66ee3e5f9965c7d2dab25ec.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. You are all over the shop mate.

The first part 'cause there's a high chance he'll come to Hawthorn' was more so on what has been reported.

Or what you like to think has been reported? There is nothing to suggest that there is a high chance that he will go to Hawthorn.

Or what you like to think has been reported? There is nothing to suggest that there is a high chance that he will go to Hawthorn.
I think there’s only one person who knows, his initials are SC... pretty funny Carlton, Hawthorn and Essendon fans arguing over where he’s going to go and the season hasn’t even started.
A handful of months ago supporters of these clubs were ~adamant~ they KNEW where Dylan Shiel was going, so arrogant and cocky about their ‘inside information’ and it amounted to feck all. Everyone stop saying there’s a high chance of Coniglio doing anything, (except maybe staying put) you all look stupid

Hardly considering he has always been our multicultural ambassador.

And I don't see how a "report" saying we are opening our cheque book is any sign of panic when any club is probably doing the same for him and Kelly.

So you hate straw man logic...
Ok so you might as well stay out of here until he signs a contract with us or until trade week as all of this is just discussion and conjecture.

I’m pretty sure it’s not open cheque book but terms and conditions for both players.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think there’s only one person who knows, his initials are SC... pretty funny Carlton, Hawthorn and Essendon fans arguing over where he’s going to go and the season hasn’t even started.
A handful of months ago supporters of these clubs were ~adamant~ they KNEW where Dylan Shiel was going, so arrogant and cocky about their ‘inside information’ and it amounted to feck all. Everyone stop saying there’s a high chance of Coniglio doing anything, (except maybe staying put) you all look stupid

Yeah try be like us North Melbourne supporters level headed and never go the early crow.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well done.

First of all I never claimed to have any inside information of where Cogs is going. I was just debating with 2 GWS posters that the fact that Cogs’ name is affiliated with a GWS multicultural program doesn’t have any bearing that he’ll be staying there.

Now FWIW this is in fact a Stephen Cogniglio Free Agency thread where we are entitled to debate where he will end up otherwise the thread wouldn’t be called that. If people want to spread false information well that’s up to them but that’s never been my go and if you see my posts above my gut feel was that he’ll stay with GWS.

First of all I never claimed to have any inside information of where Cogs is going. I was just debating with 2 GWS posters that the fact that Cogs’ name is affiliated with a GWS multicultural program doesn’t have any bearing that he’ll be staying there.

Now FWIW this is in fact a Stephen Cogniglio Free Agency thread where we are entitled to debate where he will end up otherwise the thread wouldn’t be called that. If people want to spread false information well that’s up to them but that’s never been my go and if you see my posts above my gut feel was that he’ll stay with GWS.
Whose spreading false information?

I wasn’t having a dig at you or anyone in particular mate just reading through the thread reminded me a lot of the Shiel saga and I’d like to think people might have learnt a thing or two regarding making statements based on what other posters say (and the media alsofor that matter )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back