Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol what spud wrote the "Mark williams incident" in Ty Zantucks wiki page. It's so bad.

Mark Williams Incident

In round 21 of the 2004 AFL season against Hawthorn; Zantuck was involved in an incident with makeshift forward Mark Williams; who was notirously known for shobouting ; spefically when he made a choking gesture targeted at then-Port Adelaide coach, Mark Williams. Zantuck ragged-dolled Mark Williams to the ground, grabbing him and wrestling him . It was an exciting moment, as Williams wasn't well liked in the AFL world.This was his last game for the Tigers; and after a bad 2004 season for the tigers overall; it was a good laugh & moment despite the poor season from Richmond.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ty_Zantuck

it was an exciting moment. it was a good laugh & moment.

"it was a good laugh"

Kinda want to feel bad for St Kilda, terribly unlucky for the players and adds to a long list of bad luck for the club.

But on the other hand, it sounds harsh but I kinda want them to fold. Too many Victorian clubs atm and it’s what’s holding the AFL back from being a proper national comp. The Saints are a drain on the competition, riddled with debt and don’t really add much. Tassie Saints 2025 pls

Gold coast folds, saints and kangas merge and move to tassie.

16 team comp again, happy days

lol what spud wrote the "Mark williams incident" in Ty Zantucks wiki page. It's so bad.

Mark Williams Incident

In round 21 of the 2004 AFL season against Hawthorn; Zantuck was involved in an incident with makeshift forward Mark Williams; who was notirously known for shobouting ; spefically when he made a choking gesture targeted at then-Port Adelaide coach, Mark Williams. Zantuck ragged-dolled Mark Williams to the ground, grabbing him and wrestling him . It was an exciting moment, as Williams wasn't well liked in the AFL world.This was his last game for the Tigers; and after a bad 2004 season for the tigers overall; it was a good laugh & moment despite the poor season from Richmond.

"it was a good laugh"

Quit Shobouting.

Mark Williams Incident

"it was a good laugh"
I'm not sure you need to point out the academic and literary failings of someone who felt it was necessary to write a Wikipedia page for Ty Zantuck. Spending you free time writing Wikipedia entries for average AFL players suggests the person has larger problems in life

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

yeah but, how many interviews/ media appearances have Tom or Ollie done since the initial presser with Ken?
Apart from Ollie’s regular MMM slot, I haven’t heard him... Tom hasn’t been seen of since!
Having two captains means even less stuff to do as now neither turn up to anything and can use the excuse I thought the other one was doing it. Genius.

lol

653491-tlslargelandscape.jpg

"The AFL has suggested it will photoshop an Essendon player in the photograph before its official release."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-03-15/spot-the-missing-club-only-17-turn-up-for-captains-day-photo
Say what you want, but geez our guernsey is a sexy looking kit.

Having two captains means even less stuff to do as now neither turn up to anything and can use the excuse I thought the other one was doing it. Genius.
This is how I am able to spend so much time on BigFooty!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure you need to point out the academic and literary failings of someone who felt it was necessary to write a Wikipedia page for Ty Zantuck. Spending you free time writing Wikipedia entries for average AFL players suggests the person has larger problems in life

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Zantuck was a gun.

Yesterday I said David Parkin, was leaving his brain to the brain bank to be tested for CTE when he dies, had been knockout in his last game for Subiaco for 24 hours. Not quiet right, he had been knocked out for 14 hours in a game early in the season, didn't play any more games in 1975, but it was in a post-season game for Subi in Kalgoorlie that he got knocked out for 26 hours and never played again. He wrote this in 2016

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...e/news-story/a4641363a6bbbccf210566b0c630b349
I AM one of the most concussed VFL/AFL players of all time. I estimate that I received at least 15 concussions in my 14 years playing with Hawthorn throughout the 1960s and into the 70s, not to mention the knocks I received as a teenager. But I’m one of the lucky ones. As we have seen with Brisbane’s Justin Clarke, Matt Maguire, and Melbourne’s Daniel Bell and others, it can cut promising careers short.

The concussion debate is growing rapidly, which can only be good for our game. Player safety is paramount, with the AFLPA, medical experts, lawyers, administrators and past players all having a say in the public discussion. The biggest hit I received was while I was player-coaching Subiaco in 1975. A bloke called Jeff Murray, who later came across to play 10 games for Hawthorn, cleaned me up at the first bounce. That was 2pm on the Saturday and I didn’t wake up until 4am on the Sunday morning. I am quite good mates with Jeff now!

I made a comeback in a post-season game in Kalgoorlie and the same thing happened. Like in Subiaco earlier that year, I was unconscious for 26 hours. I never played again.

I have great empathy for club doctors, who under significant duress with star players such as Nick Riewoldt pleading to come back on the field, make tough decisions on game day. As a coach I was as guilty as anyone in wanting my players to ‘get on with it’. But I’m very proud of the direction the AFL has taken in recent years. The coach should have no say — it’s purely a medical issue.......
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...e/news-story/a4641363a6bbbccf210566b0c630b349

Mark Williams Incident

"it was a good laugh"

Why were you on Ty Zantuck's Wikipedia page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back