Oppo Camp The Non-North Football Discussion & AFL Matchday Chat Thread: Edition IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There would be only winners, no losers. It would be so beautiful.
6d83cf9fc3f7aca65fc3d997f831414d.jpg

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
**** me the afl are a bunch of money hungry campaigners!! I have to pay them $50 to do their accreditation course in order to coach my sons U9’s team. Local clubs struggle enough to get volunteers.

If it's of any consolation the money goes towards funding Gillon's goal of "a BJ a day, never from the same (person)".

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
If it's of any consolation the money goes towards funding Gillon's goal of "a BJ a day, never from the same (person)".

Whately & McClure have competition?

Footscray president Peter Gordon stating Tasmania should have there own team.
So, they hoodwinked their way into Ballarat on our coat tails now they are truing to get us out of Tasmania.
And this guy is a lawyer who has no idea.
No wonder Gordon slater went under

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So, they hoodwinked their way into Ballarat on our coat tails now they are truing to get us out of Tasmania.

Gordon is a grade A suckhole and a shyster.

Plays the working class hero whilst he sits on hundreds of millions in the bank. Bailed out of Slater & Gordon with a fortune before it went arse up, and has no comment to make about the investors dough that sits in his bank accounts.

darko

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Not sure what Dogs' Ballarat situation is but wouldn't be surprised if they don't make much profit out of the venture. He's obviously mad that we make millions out of the Tassie deal.

Harley Bennell in a phyisllsical altercation with some bikes. I wonder what that could be about. :think:

Probably just a disagreement over the price of his calf medicine.

Pretty ****en sick of Carlton and Richmond opening the season every year. Let some other teams do it
Agreed. Hate it when clubs hog certain game slots every year.

rippersnipper

What up son, whatever
Jun 22, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agreed. Hate it when clubs hog certain game slots every year.
It's not so much that, I mean Anzac Day is a thing, same with Dreamtime; I have no issues with those games having clubs locked in annually (albeit I like when more matches are played on Anzac Day). But this is the first match of the season, there's nothing special about it apart from that. The fact that they lock in a fixture that isn't even that amazing is a pain. I'd love to see the two grand finalists play a rematch for the first match of the season. That way you know who is playing, but it should change often enough

It's not so much that, I mean Anzac Day is a thing, same with Dreamtime; I have no issues with those games having clubs locked in annually (albeit I like when more matches are played on Anzac Day). But this is the first match of the season, there's nothing special about it apart from that. The fact that they lock in a fixture that isn't even that amazing is a pain. I'd love to see the two grand finalists play a rematch for the first match of the season. That way you know who is playing, but it should change often enough
It is weird and I do like your suggestion although I can understand why the gf rematch isn't first up. Having a few rounds first gives the opportunity for a bit more narrative leading into it rather than it being a straight up rematch of the last game we saw.

I'm sick of carlton richmond too though as it's invariably a s**t game. Share it around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back