Feedback Quick questions you couldn't find an answer for...

View attachment 582288

That buttton I assume is meant to show a list of threads or something when clicked? It doesn't. Any chance we can have this button take us straight to watched threads without having to click twice?

Edit: Wait...Now I can click on it and it takes me to my watched threads. No idea wtf happened but I think this can be ignored.
For anyone watching, this is what the pop-out looks like when it has updated it's list of unread items, and there is not a current high burst or heavy load state on the database server:

sidenav-unread.PNG

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Ever since the new layout came along Twitter media embeds show up as cut off halfway and there is no way to fix this even when clicking on it.

Is there a solution to this?
See photo

Ever since the new layout came along Twitter media embeds show up as cut off halfway and there is no way to fix this even when clicking on it.

Is there a solution to this?
See photo

They do that for me sometimes too. In iOS 12 they also stretch off the right side of the screen.

Ultimately we’re dealing with a third party’s code filtered through another third party’s code.

I have found a screen refresh often helps.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
They do that for me sometimes too. In iOS 12 they also stretch off the right side of the screen.

Ultimately we’re dealing with a third party’s code filtered through another third party’s code.

I have found a screen refresh often helps.
I have been just right clicking and copying link into a new tab, will try the refresh next time, thanks

Chief are you upgrading the search function or is it just playing up? I have done a few searches today and I'm getting bugger all results and/or results pre 2010 type thing.

I just did a search on the Port board for Hinkley under my name and got 3 results, 2 today and 1 from 2014. I know I have posted more than 200 post with Hinkley in it in the post season, not just 2 today.

Chief are you upgrading the search function or is it just playing up? I have done a few searches today and I'm getting bugger all results and/or results pre 2010 type thing.

I just did a search on the Port board for Hinkley under my name and got 3 results, 2 today and 1 from 2014. I know I have posted more than 200 post with Hinkley in it in the post season, not just 2 today.
As noted on Twitter and in the notice above, we are rebuilding search. This will take about 4 days. New posts will go straight into the index, while old posts will be added as they are processed, oldest to newest.

As noted on Twitter and in the notice above, we are rebuilding search. This will take about 4 days. New posts will go straight into the index, while old posts will be added as they are processed, oldest to newest.
Thanks Chief. Every time I see Crazy Christmas notice it seems to jump to the next notice. I have just read it in full.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Chief with the new layout (which IMO sucks), you can’t see what team the supporter barracks for. What happened to the badges? Can they please be brought back?

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for it by the way. Couldn’t find the appropriate one (if it exists).

Cheers

Chief with the new layout (which IMO sucks), you can’t see what team the supporter barracks for. What happened to the badges? Can they please be brought back?

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for it by the way. Couldn’t find the appropriate one (if it exists).

Cheers
Large notice at the top of the page. Thread stickied above this one. Please read the OP of that thread.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Hi Chief I have a minor problem, since the new format I haven't been able to link gifs into my posts. It doesn't seem to work when I use the Insert Media function and the old way I used to do it ie. copy and then paste does not link the gif only a still frame of that gif.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Hi Chief I have a minor problem, since the new format I haven't been able to link gifs into my posts. It doesn't seem to work when I use the Insert Media function and the old way I used to do it ie. copy and then paste does not link the gif only a still frame of that gif.

Used to be able to right click copy & paste gifs but can't do that with the new format.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Ive been able to do it by using the picture icon above

Right click gif
Click 'copy image address''
Click picture icon
Click 'post url' ie the chain thing
Post url

91c.gif

Which site are you getting them from? Can you give me an example URL?

How do I insert a google doc? Not urgent but I'd love to know as I'm running the Hawks board KO tipping. Thanks in advance :)

How do I insert a google doc? Not urgent but I'd love to know as I'm running the Hawks board KO tipping. Thanks in advance :)

Click the Media button on the new post window (the ... dropdown -> Media) and put the spreadsheet URL in.

TechFerret

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
When you say "come to the forum" do you mean:
a) You type in https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/ and it redirects?
b) You go to www.bigfooty.com and click on "Forums" or one of the other links at the top?
c) You follow a bookmark from your browser?
d) You follow a link from another web site?
e) Something else?

Regards, TF

Scenario a. Not a huge bother, I just remove the port number and the forum (usually) shows up.

TechFerret

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Scenario a. Not a huge bother, I just remove the port number and the forum (usually) shows up.

Is this a recent thing? We had to rebuild the Load Balancer over the weekend and I suspect it gives out cookies so something could have gone stale. Could you please try clearing your browser cache and/or try it with a different browser?

Regards, TF

Last edited:
Is this a recent thing? We had to rebuild the Load Balancer over the weekend and I suspect it gives out cookies so something could have gone stale. Could you please try clearing your browser cache and/or try it with a different browser?

Regards, TF

Only started getting it today. I'll try it out, I feel as if you're right because I don't recall getting it ever on my mobile browser. Thanks for the suggestion.

Just trying to update my signature, but it keeps saying..

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your signature is 4 line(s) too long."

Basically just want to fix a typo - Showdow(n).
Any suggestions?
Might also insert the links if it will let me.
You added the sig when you had a premium membership and a bigger sig allowance?

I fixed it for you.

Back