Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Chee from Gold Coast
James Rose fron Sydney (into him last year)
Id also throw a decent offer at Weitering this year if he under performs which i hope he does.

Theres a few of my early suggestions.

Can’t agree on rose. Seen him play quite a bit up here. Not for me.

That's a really good suggestion actually. Having him and Lloyd on our half forward flanks would make our forward line dramatically better than 2018. Although the idea of recruiting an indigenous player seems almost impossible for us given our lack of them in the first place (although Trengove has been pretty involved with the community over his career so that helps).

I'd be happy to trade for him (provided he wanted to come here) even if it involved our first rounder this year. He's a durable player, extremely quick and consistently high performer with X-factor which is something we desperately need.
Stump up the cash to get Sexton in as a FA too to help lure him down. Another small/mid sized player with genuine goal sense. Would have won our goal-kicking award last year.

Stump up the cash to get Sexton in as a FA too to help lure him down. Another small/mid sized player with genuine goal sense. Would have won our goal-kicking award last year.
tbh a lot of forwards would have won it

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Terrible news on Morris. Has the pre-season supplementary signing period finished?
It closes today, which likely makes it too late for us :(

To put an optimistic spin on it, not signing someone means we don't have to place Morris on the long term injury list, which could open him up to a mid-season return (like in 2018) if the injury isn't too serious. Will have to wait and see

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Reckon Dogs would have someone in mind already due to Picko
I've heard a couple have been training with us, but not any that would suitably replace Morris (i.e. decent KPDs). We might be a bit ****ed here.

Also means Naughton may be forced back to defence next weekend

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
Picko (no date or certainty if he will come back) its been a year so not sure what can change that hasn't in the last year but I'm no expert in the area, Boyd no real return date could be half year out before he is even considered for full load of training, now Morris seems we are already 3 players down for the year.

JTCWBFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 27, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool, Knicks, Yankees
Who's the best tall forward in any of the state leagues?

Send Naughton back & get him on a plane to VUWO asap.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The main three guys I think we could consider to pick up:
  • Ryan Gardner (delisted by Geelong last year, playing for Footscray) - KPD but kicked 6 goals in a game as a forward in the VFL so is versatile
  • Reuben William (previously delisted by Brisbane, playing for Footscray) - not as big a fan, but is already training with the AFL side so probably the most likely option if we elect to pick someone up today
  • Matthew Hammelmann (previously delisted by Brisbane, playing in the NEAFL) - key forward now, but also played as KPD in the AFL as Yojimbo said, could be a decent option if we choose to bring Naughton back permanently into the backline

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The main three guys I think we could consider to pick up:
  • Ryan Gardner (delisted by Geelong last year, playing for Footscray) - KPD but kicked 6 goals in a game as a forward in the VFL so is versatile
  • Reuben William (previously delisted by Brisbane, playing for Footscray) - not as big a fan, but is already training with the AFL side so probably the most likely option if we elect to pick someone up today
  • Matthew Hammelmann (previously delisted by Brisbane, playing in the NEAFL) - key forward now, but also played as KPD in the AFL as Yojimbo said, could be a decent option if we choose to bring Naughton back permanently into the backline
Well we’ve got an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back