News Melbourne signs Jay Lockhart

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind this signing, he goes hard this kid and has a good kick on him. he might be a bit small for the midfield in AFL, but could play as a pressure fwd, or where I think he could be most handy for us is in defence. I liked the way he played behind the ball at Casey, and we probably need another small defender type when we come up against some of the smaller, speedier forward lines of the Tigers, Pies and Eagles.

Timing sounds strange, as we'd previously always indicated we'd take this to the mid-season

Perhaps our hand was forced and we thought another team was sniffing around? I don't know how likely that is considering he's been under our noses for so long

Maybe we can turn him into a successful small forward?

Good signing. I thought he was going to be drafted last year. Bit of a surprise as Mahoney had said we’ll leave a spot until mid season.

May have been approached by someone else?

Good signing. I thought he was going to be drafted last year. Bit of a surprise as Mahoney had said we’ll leave a spot until mid season.
We will still have a spot available due to Aaron Nietschke doing his ACL Im pretty sure?

maybe they were weighing up between Lockhart and another small Casey Demon in Cory Machaya. Machaya did his ACL last week so that ruled him out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will still have a spot available due to Aaron Nietschke doing his ACL Im pretty sure?

I don't think that's how it works, pretty sure our list is full now.
We may be able to promote an extra rookie to the senior list but we can't add another player

Its how I interpret this?

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-07/midseason-draft-when-is-it-and-how-will-it-work

Seven clubs currently have list spots available and will subsequently be able to take part in the draft. Carlton is the only club with multiple spots available with three vacancies.

However, clubs can still have spots open up on their list should a player succumb to either a long-term injury or prematurely retire from the game. There will be no deadline on when teams can open list spots prior to the mid-season draft.

Its how I interpret this?

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-02-07/midseason-draft-when-is-it-and-how-will-it-work

Seven clubs currently have list spots available and will subsequently be able to take part in the draft. Carlton is the only club with multiple spots available with three vacancies.

However, clubs can still have spots open up on their list should a player succumb to either a long-term injury or prematurely retire from the game. There will be no deadline on when teams can open list spots prior to the mid-season draft.
clubs will start pushing players to retire mid season which is probably a good thing in most cases. could mean vets who think they have more in them but clubs think probably wont last the season can go on for 10 rounds to get it out of their system or if in real good form can finish the season off without costing the club too much either way someone like Lewis for us this year. what about players like JKH who look to have there final shot could we delist him and get new player or is just retired? so there will be alot of players coming out of retirement at years end. with the mid season draft can you pick up players whove been delisted or retired by the club? or just local footballers

I'll be honest i don't watch a lot of Casey, but i heard this guys name come up a lot. Good to see him get rewarded
Thought he and C Wagner both outshone our AFL listed players in the games I watched.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back