Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Slayer were awesome. Araya the same as Monday - looked very emotional at end and basically stood on stage alone staring at the crowd for what seemed like ten minutes. He said some quick words after that and offered a prayer symbol with his hands. Guess the events of today could also be at play. Setlist was exactly the same.

The venue in adelaide was only 2,000 and they were ******* awesome.

Enjoy.

Yeah probably the same. Thinking of going down to Christchurch for Sunday's show but have a 12pm on Monday. What should I do Dee Snider?

Yeah probably the same. Thinking of going down to Christchurch for Sunday's show but have a 12pm on Monday. What should I do Dee Snider?

You change flights to Business Class, Head to CC and enjoy the show, rise at sparrows for your taxi, hit airport and have a shower in the Lounge, sleep for 2-3 hours on the plane, head straight from Tullamarine to city for meeting. Easy.

For everyone else, insert “check with wife if it’s ok to extend trip by an additional night” as mandatory Step 1.

Last edited:
Slayer were awesome. Araya the same as Monday - looked very emotional at end and basically stood on stage alone staring at the crowd for what seemed like ten minutes. He said some quick words after that and offered a prayer symbol with his hands. Guess the events of today could also be at play. Setlist was exactly the same.

It's interesting. You get the impression that if Araya wanted to continue, then Slayer wouldn't be retiring. KK certainly doesn't want to stop.
He has said in the past that losing the ability to headbang on stage made it less fun for him and he seemed more affected by Jeff's passing than anyone else. Prior to these shows i reckon he looked a bit disinterested on stage too. I guess the splitting up thing is becoming a reality now.

It's interesting. You get the impression that if Araya wanted to continue, then Slayer wouldn't be retiring. KK certainly doesn't want to stop.
He has said in the past that losing the ability to headbang on stage made it less fun for him and he seemed more affected by Jeff's passing than anyone else. Prior to these shows i reckon he looked a bit disinterested on stage too. I guess the splitting up thing is becoming a reality now.

True, he’s also nearly deaf. Wears a hearing aid. I reckon his body has been the major cause.

True, he’s also nearly deaf. Wears a hearing aid. I reckon his body has been the major cause.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just played major festivals from now on instead of continuous touring. They'll get some huge offers after this round of touring is over.
TBH I had written them off after Jeff died and Lombardo left but they were so good at Download.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was the same in adelaide looked like he was going to cry he seems like a very genuine sort of guy.

Kerry on the other hand.

He was the same in adelaide looked like he was going to cry he seems like a very genuine sort of guy.

Kerry on the other hand.

Yeah. Completely different personalities. Think I'd enjoy a coffee with Araya, not sure a Jager and Red Bull with King would be my thing. Haha.

Just checkin' in. Yeah the Muslim fellas I've dealt with over the years have been as good as gold, you'd have to think pretty lowly of urself to think the Korans a threat down here..

Spewing I missed DL, JP, Slayer, AnthraX, etc, week off stuffing around with cars n s**t so can't go to NZ... Enjoy DV!!

Just got to JP. Venue sort of like Rod Laver though half the size. Will be killer. That Halestorm or whatever they are called are on now. They are not for me. Actually, they are terrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back