Bangladesh in NZ (3 ODI's & 3 Tests)

Park cricketer

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wake up and open twitter hoping to read some news about Afghanistan's historic first "home" test against Ireland seeing as there was no live coverage of the game and instead read about this horrific hate crime and tragedy. The islamic federation of New Zealand apparently fears upto 100 people dead. And the cold blooded manner in which this was carried out is what's chilling, brings back memories of Mumbai for me.

And it's incredible to think that the Bangladesh team were just a few minutes from being involved in a massive tragedy in a completely different corner of the world in what's probably one of the safest places in the earth. Just goes to show no place can be immune to terrorism, no matter which part of the world.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I wake up and open twitter hoping to read some news about Afghanistan's historic first "home" test against Ireland seeing as there was no live coverage of the game and instead read about this horrific hate crime and tragedy. The islamic federation of New Zealand apparently fears upto 100 people dead. And the cold blooded manner in which this was carried out is what's chilling, brings back memories of Mumbai for me.

And it's incredible to think that the Bangladesh team were just a few minutes from being involved in a massive tragedy in a completely different corner of the world in what's probably one of the safest places in the earth. Just goes to show no place can be immune to terrorism, no matter which part of the world.

It’s f***ing disgusting mate.

How does a person - presumably at least - make a statement that I’m guessing would be directed towards a rejection of Muslim immigration and culture, based most likely on the usual citations of ‘violence, extremism, terrorism, all the qualities we don’t like in the West’ by demonstrating exactly those traits against Muslims themselves?

Maybe it is Australians that NZ should be closing their borders to, given that one of the perpetrators was an Australian.

Pretty extraordinary that none of the team was physically hurt in this attack.

It’s f***ing disgusting mate.

How does a person - presumably at least - make a statement that I’m guessing would be directed towards a rejection of Muslim immigration and culture, based most likely on the usual citations of ‘violence, extremism, terrorism, all the qualities we don’t like in the West’ by demonstrating exactly those traits against Muslims themselves?

You should probably read the manifesto, because that was definitely not his justification for the atrocity he committed.

Park cricketer

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Who is Senator Fraser Anning?

I generally keep a low bar for all politicians but saw a statement from him minutes after the incident on social media. It's probably the worst take I've ever read in the aftermath of a terrorist incident.

Who is Senator Fraser Anning?

I generally keep a low bar for all politicians but saw a statement from him minutes after the incident on social media. It's probably the worst take I've ever read in the aftermath of a terrorist incident.

An ethno-nationalist who fell into Parliament after another member was found ineligible.

Back