News & Events Christchurch shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

He spent his life on the internet, to the extend that he put a meme in his pdf (which isn't even half-grammatically correct...), meme music playing in the car, and screaming memes before he went out.

This just boils down to uhh hate muslims, uh yeah, get rid of em. It's not even researched or intelligent hate.

Freedom fighters, people who want change and care for their cause don't say 'subscribe to pewdiepie' before their statement. People over 15 shouldn't say 'subscribe to pewdiepie.'

It's a bit like the lost young first generation kids who go to try and join ISIS. Are they actually purely hateful of the west and white? Do they truly want to die for their religion? I think more than anything they're incredibly lost souls. They're from crappy suburbs, poorly educated, and most likely have crappy jobs. They're jealous and lost. They take these 'causes' up because it gives them an identity and it gives them something to believe in.

The whole livestreaming thing is pretty crazy though. What a world. Even 15, 20 years ago this would have been considered some sort of dystopian futuristic thing that'd seem scary. It's a shock but no surprise.

And who knows what a forensic report will come up with regarding there Internet Usage,Contacts,Groups,Etc
If they can access it.

Disgusting! scum of the scum! Its these kind of statements, remarks that fuel hate crimes like what happen today.

Fraser Anning is an abhorrent human being. I can't recall being this angry about anything an Australian politician has said or done in a long time, maybe ever. Complete and utter human garbage and an all new low for Australian politics. If he isn't censured by every other political party, I will be completely bereft of confidence in our elected representatives.

QAmuqM3.jpg

The only politician I'm aware of that I would even compare to Anning is Duterte. Although Duterte isn't nearly as braindead as this *******.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
In a way, it's surprising the number of dead is 49 considering this is Friday prayers in a decently sized city, in one of the most Western countries, and where nobody has a guard up and nobody has means of defence. And they were all in a room with minimal chance to escape.

I know that's a weird thing to say – anyone in New Zealand and Australia killing even 10 people with a gun is completely ******* heartbreaking and is going to take the wind out of you.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Also stop giving oxygen to this Fraser Anning campaigner; he thrives off being hated because those who like him, like him even more. You know you're a s**t campaigner when Clive Palmer looks like a chill politician and makes Queensland look lily-livered liberal in comparison.

TBF, Scott Morrison has spoken very well during this incident. Called it what it is and called out that racist scumbag in the Aussie Senate.
You could almost forget that he was the one who suggested that public unease about Islam be played up to win votes.

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
The Shooter has been charged with murder and is to appear in court tomorrow.
Other people are still in custody but it's not clear what their involvement is.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Irrelevant, they perpetuate and normalise attitudes and ideas that these terrorists used to justify their actions.
I'd be more concerned with normalising hate against right wing people, since it's so mainstream. Most right wing people I know are very kind and gentle people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
I knew there'd be at least one, which part was garbage??

All of it.

What did he say?

When does he ever say anything? It was a lot of alarmist rhetoric, including a bait and switch between Fraser Anning and the terrorist manifesto, reference to anonymous disputed quote/s, clear double standards in his presentation of Islamic and non-Islamic terrorist attacks.

Moe B

Club Legend
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
All of it.

When does he ever say anything? It was a lot of alarmist rhetoric, including a bait and switch between Fraser Anning and the terrorist manifesto, reference to anonymous disputed quote/s, clear double standards in his presentation of Islamic and non-Islamic terrorist attacks.
Great reply, go to bed...

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
The Shooter has been charged with murder and is to appear in court tomorrow.
Other people are still in custody but it's not clear what their involvement is.

Wouldn't be hard to prove he's guilty when he streamed a video of himself committing murder, you couldn't get any more conclusive evidence than that.

11sjw

Cancelled
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Participant
May 13, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Meh
I read about 20 comments to only confirm there is some Radical people out there,
But Trump will announce thoughts and Prayers soon and god knows use it as a reason for his Veto regarding a National Emergency.

My Fear now is will this Inspire more copy cat act's.
"Thoughts & Prayers" isn't limited to Trump. Sadiq Khan seemed to use it every time something happens in greater London. Seems to be the generic wording from every politician.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Curiosity. Terrible things happen in the world. Sometimes you need to see it for yourself to try to understand how and why. Doesn't mean that you don't have any empathy for the victims or that you don't feel sickened by what occurred.

If you or anyone else doesn't feel comfortable watching it then that's fine.
Each to their own. From my perspective, when I hear a guy goes into a mosque with a firearm and leaves behind bodies, I can kind of imagine what it would look like without needing to press play. There is nothing for the lay person to learn or gain from a FPS video of someone murdering others. There is a complicit element to watching such a production, feeding the desensitized frenzy, I do find it disrespectful and a bit heartless. Unless you have a reasonable need to know (court case, police work, academic, journalist, loved ones, possibly a local) then viewing it just seems mindless or twisted, like touching hot water after you've been told it will burn. If you want to be his audience, be my guest, but media publishers should be held to account by their professional bodies.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back