Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide

giphy.gif

turtles

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Currently injured but Stephen Hill is a defender at $389,200.
Not sure when he is expected to play but may be a cheap D5/D6 trade option if he moves back into the midfield.

Feel for Roberton and the Saints, he seems a really good fella and they have had a pretty bloody rough preseason with injuries in general.

Girthquake

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2012
Geelong.
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester City
Had to replace Roberton. Taking a punt on Ryan Clarke, who is at least playing fulltime midfield.

#makeorbreak

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Any reason that not many seem to be starting with Laird? Structural reasons or something else? Been a lock in my team since day 1.
Personally I'm thinking he'll drop in price due to Milera and Smith being in the team.

Small sample size, but in 2 games last year that all 3 players Laird had his lowest 2 scores of the year.

Then again in JLT he failed to fire.

I still think he'll be a top 6 scorer, but think i can get him cheaper.

Defenders suck this year. I was trying to find another d2 to push my rookies on field to just 2 and make zac and smith d3 and d4 but the cheapest I like is Crisp. But doing that *s up my teams value picks elsewhere too much.

I could get away with a cheaper like Mills Witherden McGrath but have little confidence they will average even 90 and u need it to be 100 even at their prices.

Whitfield will stay as my D1. Cant justify the cost of laird or lloyd to start with Gawndy Macrae Cripps being far better options to spend big on early. Im just gonna go budget backline and try to make it the first place I upgrade when I can figure out who is actually going to break out or wait for laird and lloyd to drop a bit.

Last edited:
Defenders suck this year. I was trying to find another d2 to push my rookies on field to just 2 and make zac and smith d3 and d4 but the cheapest I like is Crisp. But doing that ****s up my teams value picks elsewhere too much.

I could get away with a cheaper like Mills Witherden McGrath but have little confidence they will average even 90 and u need it to be 100 even at their prices.

Whitfield will stay as my D1. Cant justify the cost of laird or lloyd to start with Gawndy Macrae Cripps being far better options to spend big on early. Im just gonna go budget backline and try to make it the first place I upgrade when I can figure out who is actually going to break out or wait for laird and lloyd to drop a bit.

Defs are scaring me more than any line. 99 times out of 100 i would choose at least 1 super premo def but Seagull and Laird don't inspire confidence. My most expensive def is Hurn then it's a crap shoot from there.

Coaches thoughts on Cunningham ? .....do we get seduced by JLT Form ?
Chism your thoughts please

View attachment 635694
Will play forward to much for me to have but at 250k he is worth the go if you are looking for a Roberton replacement.

He is hugely rated internally at the club and has been culled by injuries sadly, but he can play.

If he is given more Midfield time in the first few weeks before price rises he could be a serious correction trade for someone and the club is confident they have his body right and he is a best 22 LOCK when fit.

No DPP is a prick and i have no idea how CD list him as a defender only. :rolleyes:

I have Darcy Moore replacing Roberton currently and to start both DM and Cunners would be VERY ballsy but hugely rewarding if they stay on the park.

Last edited:

GT619

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 20, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Defenders suck this year. I was trying to find another d2 to push my rookies on field to just 2 and make zac and smith d3 and d4 but the cheapest I like is Crisp. But doing that ****s up my teams value picks elsewhere too much.

How much do you expect laird Lloyd to drop

I don't think the seagull will drop much at all and if you don't start with him you are going to be pushing s**t uphill to bring him in IMO unless he gets injured.

I am not risking not having him at D1 and watch him rack up the possessions once the real stuff starts and some huge scores will be incoming.

Was my 1st defender picked and has never left my team, he is also only 608k and the way some talk you would think he was priced next to Grundy!

Defenders are hard this season and why people are avoiding Lloyd who is most likely going to be a set and forget Top 3 scorer down back is alarming, take the best and then take risks under him.

At least 50k each. If they dont then at least my rookies made some cash to be able to afford to bring em in.

Laird got a lot of ball but didnt score huge in the jlt.

Lloyd had hip surgery over the summer and then missed the last game with gastro i think. Fair to assume he might start slow because of that. First game aside he started slow last year also. Either way 600k I can get libba and brodie smith in my team who will outscore him as a combo and make me money

At least 50k each. If they dont then at least my rookies made some cash to be able to afford to bring em in.

Laird got a lot of ball but didnt score huge in the jlt.

Lloyd had hip surgery over the summer and then missed the last game with gastro i think. Fair to assume he might start slow because of that. First game aside he started slow last year also. Either way 600k I can get libba and brodie smith in my team who will outscore him as a combo and make me money

He is not dropping 50k when he is currently priced at 112ppg and his BE scores are all low 100+ scores.

He will s**t that in or get real close to it in 3 Qtrs the way the Swans use him and CD loooovvvvveee him! ;)

Injuries will be the only reason he drops 50k IMO and no player is immune from that.

He is not dropping 50k when he is currently priced at 112ppg and his BE scores are all low 100+ scores.

He will s**t that in or get real close to it in 3 Qtrs the way the Swans use him and CD loooovvvvveee him! ;)

Injuries will be the only reason he drops 50k IMO and no player is immune from that.

Maybe maybe not. Either way not much value in starting him for me. Only needs a couple of down games to drop. Coupled with the slow preseason its a pass.

Back