News & Events Christchurch shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

A shock for most is that he’s actually still alive and will be rolling in to the Maggie’s court and obviously not applying for bail tomorrow.

Then later on he’ll be pleading not guilty in the supreme only to take the stand and unload racist vitriol all before being whisked off convicted of 50 consecutive life sentences all paid for by her Magisty’s prison system with a private room for one with a TV and PS4.

Death penalty anyone?

A shock for most is that he’s actually still alive and will be rolling in to the Maggie’s court and obviously not applying for bail tomorrow.

Then later on he’ll be pleading not guilty in the supreme only to take the stand and unload racist vitriol all before being whisked off convicted of 50 consecutive life sentences all paid for by her Magisty’s prison system with a private room for one with a TV and PS4.

Death penalty anyone?

Death seems like a soft penalty because it's something that comes for us all, whereas imprisonment is at least something reserved for a select few. I also prefer terrorists to think about what they did, and realise one day that they did the wrong thing and their rationale was misguided.

TBF, Scott Morrison has spoken very well during this incident. Called it what it is and called out that racist scumbag in the Aussie Senate.

Seriously brah?
What are you’re expectations of a politician and how they would speak in a situation like this? If you can’t sound genuine after this you never will. Atrocities are a free hit for politicians.

Death penalty anyone?

No.

TBF, Scott Morrison has spoken very well during this incident. Called it what it is and called out that racist scumbag in the Aussie Senate.

TBF he has done what any PM would do during this incident. Bog standard reaction, deserving of neither praise nor derision. What is deserving of derision is his previous actions and comments that help foster the very kind of hate that fueled the terrorist attack today.

Death seems like a soft penalty because it's something that comes for us all, whereas imprisonment is at least something reserved for a select few. I also prefer terrorists to think about what they did, and realise one day that they did the wrong thing and their rationale was misguided.

Yeah true I think I get it, kind of like being sent to your room to think it over for a very long time?

TBF he has done what any PM would do during this incident. Bog standard reaction, deserving of neither praise nor derision. What is deserving of derision is his previous actions and comments that help foster the very kind of hate that fueled the terrorist attack today.
Yes people want to praise him for saying rightwing terrorist when it was one.

Each to their own. From my perspective, when I hear a guy goes into a mosque with a firearm and leaves behind bodies, I can kind of imagine what it would look like without needing to press play. There is nothing for the lay person to learn or gain from a FPS video of someone murdering others. There is a complicit element to watching such a production, feeding the desensitized frenzy, I do find it disrespectful and a bit heartless. Unless you have a reasonable need to know (court case, police work, academic, journalist, loved ones, possibly a local) then viewing it just seems mindless or twisted, like touching hot water after you've been told it will burn. If you want to be his audience, be my guest, but media publishers should be held to account by their professional bodies.
i watched it earlier and yeah its sureal, although i did learn something. if ever in that situation attack and charge the gunman put up a fight! one man tried and it nearly paid off if only he could of taken another step he would of saved 20 lives. everyone just huddled in a corner and were lame ducks... such a sad loss of life.

Seriously brah?
What are you’re expectations of a politician and how they would speak in a situation like this? If you can’t sound genuine after this you never will. Atrocities are a free hit for politicians.
My opinion brah.

The lack of "thoughts and prayer response" and actually calling it out for what it is (hey Trump) or being a complete and utter twat(Fraiser, also a pollie).

but whatever brah. #politics #yuck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure there was only one perpetrator, and yes, he's Australian.

Certainly a chance of reprisal attacks in either country. This is the type of thing that could radicalise Muslim youth.

4 suspects apparently, 3 men and 1 women.

The shooter has been charged, we don't know details about the others yet.

"Thoughts & Prayers" isn't limited to Trump. Sadiq Khan seemed to use it every time something happens in greater London. Seems to be the generic wording from every politician.

Similarity ends there. Khan isn't a conscienceless scumbag.

Death penalty anyone?

I'm pro death penalty for some cases.
Like this one.

Yep, given the choice between a painless injection or 50+ years staring at the same wall I know what I’d choose, PS4 or not.

But our taxes also have to fund these scumbags.

There is no rehabilitation for this individual.

Electric chair please.

I thought he spoke rather well actually.

Here it is:

Those calling for unity need to be present in providing a united front against all kinds of extremism. Waleed does not qualify, imo, due to his allegiance to Islam and its own hateful manifesto.

Those calling for unity need to be present in providing a united front against all kinds of extremism. Waleed does not qualify, imo, due to his allegiance to Islam and its own hateful manifesto.

You do know that most muslims are peaceful human beings, right?

You do know that most muslims are peaceful human beings, right?

Absolutely, most people are. But Waleed would be reluctant to make the same link between passages in the Koran and a jihadist as he did with politician quotes and this terrorist's actions. There are Muslims who are critical of their own texts, Waleed doesn't seem capable of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back