Society/Culture Christchurch Mosque mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldnt have been shocked. With the rise of Alt right ethnic nationalists such as yourself, it was only a matter of time. RWNJ's are fundamentally dominated by the 'angry disenfranchised white men with a fixation for guns who hate everyone who's different to them' who spend an awful amount of time on the internet talking politics on social media.

That's kind of the prime 'mass shooter demographic' right there.

Add to that the fact their far right wing doctrine encourages hatred, conflict and persecution of minorities and it's only a matter of time.

We've had massive Right wing terrorist attacks in the USA, Canada, UK and now NZ. Right wing terrorists are a close second in terrorism related attacks behind Islamists.

I'm only shocked it hasnt happened here in Oz yet.

(Which it almost ******* did, going by the fact the perp was Australian).
Not sure, but I think gun laws are slack in NZ

Ironically, you just described both the majority of white nationalists & Muslim extremists likely to commit terrorist acts.

The ideologies are very similar (Islamism and Far Right dogma). They basically revolve around a fictional 'clash of the cultures' with a 'foreign barbaric enemy' and an appeal to tribalism.

Islamic fundamentalism is simply another form of Right wing douchebaggery.

Ideologies like that always going to appeal to uneducated, young, socially isolated, disenfranchised, men.

What can be said in responce to such. Its a hate filled extremist rant, to the point of almost glorifying in this incident to prove an ideological point? I didnt want to drill into it tbh.
You just used a bunch of buzzwords without proving it wrong, or saying anything at all really. How did it glorify the event? Is calling 9/11 an Islamic extremist attack glorifying it?

You just used a bunch of buzzwords without proving it wrong, or saying anything at all really. How did it glorify the event? Is calling 9/11 an Islamic extremist attack glorifying it?
I quoted the at nausium extremist buzzwords of the user as was the point of my post. Used no buzzwords myself other than to label it an extremist rant. Save us from such.

Before I quit the platform, I was getting friend recommendations with people I had no friend connections in common with, had not contacted on any tech platform, we'd simply been in the same place at the same time at some point (clerks, mechanic, receptionist at the doctor etc). I realised we both had FB or Instagram installed and our spatial locations had been inferred and correlated.

They do this for 3 billion people every day, correlating data that comes from banks, phones, Facebook like widgets embedded in web pages, ad networks, etc.

Laughable to think it's not possible for 20 million or so people.

Most people are not aware that when they browse a webpage from their handset their mobile number is passed. Hence so many dodgy charges for social media apps, horoscopes and ringtones etc.

Nah.

At some stage the dog whistlers have to be called out. Good on Tony Windsor for doing so.
Yeah it’s always great when the likes of Slowmo act like they’re on the side of Muslims or whoever they have vilified when an event like this happens.

Yeah we should just ignore all your previous BS and say well done Mr PM!

I was honestly surprised he even called it out like he did. I guess with an election coming up it would have been disastrous not to call it what it is.

I the actual **** would tell you but you pick and choose when you want to discuss things openly and when you want to cowardly bully people off the forum with your moderator powers. How many people so far in this thread?

Soon to be one more if you keep that up.

You claimed I jumped the shark with the following post:

I wouldnt have been shocked [that a RWNJ attacked a Mosque in a terror attack in NZ]. With the rise of Alt right ethnic nationalists such as yourself, it was only a matter of time. RWNJ's are fundamentally dominated by the 'angry disenfranchised white men with a fixation for guns who hate everyone who's different to them' who spend an awful amount of time on the internet talking politics on social media.

That's kind of the prime 'mass shooter demographic' right there.

Add to that the fact their far right wing doctrine encourages hatred, conflict and persecution of minorities and it's only a matter of time.

We've had massive Right wing terrorist attacks in the USA, Canada, UK and now NZ. Right wing terrorists are a close second in terrorism related attacks behind Islamists.

I'm only shocked it hasnt happened here in Oz yet.

(Which it almost ******* did, going by the fact the perp was Australian).

Explain to me what part of that post you disagree with.

Here I'll break down my two central points for you:

Point 1: The rise of the 'Alt right', RWNJ's and ethnic nationalists/ Neo Nazis made it 'only a matter of time' before more Right wing terrorism (such as what has already happened in USA with Roof and McVeigh, UK, Canada, Norway etc) was going to occur again.

Point 2: RWNJ's are primarily dominated by a demographic of 'angry disenfranchised white men with a fixation for guns who hate minorities' [usually directed at some combination of: Homosexuals, Jews, Muslims, migrants in general, Black people, feminists etc].

Which of those two points is 'jumping the shark'?

What can be said in responce to such. Its a hate filled bullying extremist rant. To the point of almost glorifying in this incident to prove an ideological point. Spare us from extremists.

What abuot the post 'glorified' the incident?

And if you're asking me if I hate RWNJ's of the ilk who post on 8chan and Stormfront and Brebart, the answer is a clear and unmitigated 'Yes'.

If you're arguing that such a position (loathing fascists, Neo-nazis, far right wing nutters and white nationalists) makes me an 'extremist', then that says more about you that it does about me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK. I won't keep that up.

Can you address my post though?

Which of the two points did you disagree with?

If you were more concerned I was labeling its free real estate as a far right wing agitator who supports biological racism and spends a lot of time on the internet posting in support of ethnic nationalism and other right wing causes, that's not labeling, that's just an objective fact, and something he wont deny.

Most people are not aware that when they browse a webpage from their handset their mobile number is passed. Hence so many dodgy charges for social media apps, horoscopes and ringtones etc.
The intriguing thing is the algorithms themselves are increasingly gamed by bad actors. It's why you can be innocently browsing YouTube looking up how to repair something and eventually all roads lead to a JBP video. Or why your Facebook feed ends up being polluted by bad memes. Humans outwit and manipulate the algo to do something it isn't intended to do. The algorithm then manipulates other people, whose engagement further optimises the algo. I don't like a lot of what Richard Cooke writes, but this was a good one:

You can start to sense the political implications of these insights. The transmission of conspiracy theories is now much more rapid. Try making online enquiries about the Federal Reserve, vaccines, the September 11 attacks or the Jewish religion, and the results are quickly overwhelmed by conspiracy theories. The offline implications are more startling still. “Yesterday on facebook I saw a lady call a man she knows in real life a ‘bot’ because he criticized Rachel Maddow”, posted the account @subtlerbutler. (That lady might be onto something.) The shooting of the gorilla Harambe was not an artefact, but it became one, when a bizarre, meaningless event acted as a projection screen for off-piste and angry discussions about racism, zoo design, parenting and media discourse, all of which had nothing to do with an ape being assassinated.​
The former-NBA star Dennis Rodman being sent to North Korea to “assist” in the peninsula peace talks, his fare paid for by a cannabis-backed cryptocurrency. That’s an artefact.​

https://www.themonthly.com.au/tiredofwinning/notes-some-artefacts

I have friends who have bought shirts marketed to them on Facebook with the slogan STRAIGHT OUTTA BICTON or similar. The algorithm knows you're from Bicton, a shirt maker in China generates phrases based on partial sentences and a list of place names given to thereby Facebook, then sells them back to you. You don't even know you're being gamed, you just think it's a cool novel tshirt and a weird coincidence.

The ideologies are very similar (Islamism and Far Right dogma). They basically revolve around a fictional 'clash of the cultures' with a 'foreign barbaric enemy' and an appeal to tribalism.

Islamic fundamentalism is simply another form of Right wing douchebaggery.

Ideologies like that always going to appeal to uneducated, young, socially isolated, disenfranchised, men.
This is rubbish.
Islamic Fundamentalism is a real thing, whereas Far Right Dogma is basically mental instability.

Can you address my post though?

Which of the two points did you disagree with?

If you were more concerned I was labeling its free real estate as a far right wing agitator who supports biological racism and spends a lot of time on the internet posting in support of ethnic nationalism and other right wing causes, that's not labeling, that's just an objective fact, and something he wont deny.
You can call me a hairy backed lesbian and I won't deny it. I won't deny anything. Royal Flush called me a leftie the other day. I am all things to all men.

One of the biggest things I think needs to be looked at is how we deal with the internet.

These nutbags are literally posting obvious s**t for all to see and it’s either being ignored or is in a corner of the internet that people simply don’t know about.

You can call me a hairy backed lesbian and I won't deny it.

Do you really want me to dig up posts of yous in support of the following causes/ positions:

1) Biological racism, and a hierarchy of the races
2) Support of ethnic nationalism and other similar right wing causes

That's largely what you post about to the exclusion of anything else!

(In this incarnation and your past ones, which were arguably worse).

Do you really want me to dig up posts of yous in support of the following causes/ positions:

1) Biological racism, and a hierarchy of the races
2) Support of ethnic nationalism and other similar right wing causes

That's largely what you post about to the exclusion of anything else!

(In this incarnation and your past ones, which were arguably worse).
1. If there is a hierarchy of races, white people aren't at the top.
2. Dig up that post.

This is rubbish.
Islamic Fundamentalism is a real thing, whereas Far Right Dogma is basically mental instability.

If "mental instability" equals "not terrorism" then most Islamic terrorists also don't count. Anyone who murders people they don't know is mentally unstable, by definition. A mentally healthy person doesn't commit random murders.

1. If there is a hierarchy of races, white people aren't at the top.

Thanks Cartman.

2. Dig up that post.

Derp. You've literally argued in this thread in support of the White Australia Policy! Your posts in the Europe threat attributing peace in Europe post WW2 as being due to ethnic homogeneity to support calls for ethnic nationalism. You've advocated in multiple threads for migration from 'compatible' [read primarily white European] countries.

What abuot the post 'glorified' the incident?

And if you're asking me if I hate RWNJ's of the ilk who post on 8chan and Stormfront and Brebart, the answer is a clear and unmitigated 'Yes'.

If you're arguing that such a position (loathing fascists, Neo-nazis, far right wing nutters and white nationalists) makes me an 'extremist', then that says more about you that it does about me.
Ok fair enough I despise extremists of that ilk too. All of us do. We all just need to be careful who we place in that extreme category. Its hard to even broach this with you because you cant see the nuances. You see only extremes. You are literally posting "told you so's" as though no one else could see this is the obvious counter affect of islamic terrorism. Yet if I question the juxtaposition with regard to multiculturalism you see only extremism.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back