Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
get-smart-huh.gif

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
thoughts on the game
Blacklines okay and should be able to cover your forwards except perhaps ben brown. I only say perhaps because alex pearce is 200cm and did far better than expected coming back from two broken legs last season and should improve again but big ben browns a hell of a tall forward.

Our forwards have talent Hogan lobb walters banfield (kicks a bag when played forward and hasn't got the burst speed to play on your inside mids and Langdon and hill are capable against hall and polac). Cerra, mundy and fyfe go forward as well and go okay.
The only question is synergy so I dunno about our forward line.

midfield question if our experienced mids can help our young guys
experienced fyfe, conca, hill, Langdon and mundy
inexperienced brayshaw, cerra, darcy, tucker and bewely
one thing to note is that because of injuries last year to our midfield, this is more experienced than the last half of the season in 2018.

I think we have you guys covered on the outside, hill is far better than hall Langdon and polec I don't see much difference.
Inside is a different story your depth far outstrips ours but Hogan fyfe and mundy all stand above 190cm 90kg
So I expect us to match you on the inside when their is enough experience on the inside but when youth goes in we will have lapses.

osaka mick

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2006
Gold Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton, 76s, Canucks
thoughts on the game
I think we have you guys covered on the outside, hill is far better than hall Langdon and polec I don't see much difference.
Inside is a different story your depth far outstrips ours but Hogan fyfe and mundy all stand above 190cm 90kg
So I expect us to match you on the inside when their is enough experience on the inside but when youth goes in we will have lapses.
I think youre slightly overrating your two speedsters compared to ours. I think Hill potentially outdoes Hall, but not Polec. I think Hall or Polec would outdo Langdon. Youre rating him pretty highly.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
thoughts on the game
Blacklines okay and should be able to cover your forwards except perhaps ben brown. I only say perhaps because alex pearce is 200cm and did far better than expected coming back from two broken legs last season and should improve again but big ben browns a hell of a tall forward.

Our forwards have talent Hogan lobb walters banfield (kicks a bag when played forward and hasn't got the burst speed to play on your inside mids and Langdon and hill are capable against hall and polac). Cerra, mundy and fyfe go forward as well and go okay.
The only question is synergy so I dunno about our forward line.

one thing to note is that because of injuries last year to our midfield, this is more experienced than the last half of the season in 2018.

Disagree a fair bit about the analysis on the outside, but otherwise a relatively fair post :thumbsu:

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
I think youre slightly overrating your two speedsters compared to ours. I think Hill potentially outdoes Hall, but not Polec. I think Hall or Polec would outdo Langdon. Youre rating him pretty highly.
hall no way
polec normally id say is better than langdon as Langdon is unbelievable inconsistent good one week then bad the next.
But I actually watched the game live against port last year and cause hills were injured Langdon took the most dangerous wingman being polec and he did really well 28 disposals.
so I know if they line up I know that ed can take polec cause hes done it before.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
hall no way
polec normally id say is better than langdon as Langdon is unbelievable inconsistent good one week then bad the next.
But I actually watched the game live against port last year and cause hills were injured Langdon took the most dangerous wingman being polec and he did really well 28 disposals.
so I know if they line up I know that ed can take polec cause hes done it before.

Please, put everything you own of Freo.

I'll happily take up the odds displacement.

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree.

I'm not as confident of the win as others on here. People forget that we'll be fielding a number of underdone blokes or players coming back from injury.
Our injury situation is probably better than Fremantle's. They are a rabble. Ross Lyon's game style does not suit the new rule changes. There are no excuses not to crush them like insects. I am fed up with this Round 1 hoodoo nonsense. If we don't win this by at least 10 goals our entire senior team should be sent to Manus Island detention centre for the year. With no Medevac rights. Play the reserves for the rest of the year.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Our injury situation is probably better than Fremantle's. They are a rabble. Ross Lyon's game style does not suit the new rule changes. There are no excuses not to crush them like insects. I am fed up with this Round 1 hoodoo nonsense. If we don't win this by at least 10 goals our entire senior team should be sent to Manus Island detention centre for the year. With no Medevac rights. Play the reserves for the rest of the year.
I think you over estimate our abilities. We ain't winning by 10+ goals. No one wins by that margin in Perth, and we're not one of the strongest teams.

Their game style might suck, but ours ain't that crash hot either based on what we dished up the last 2 weeks. Over hand balling, rubbish forward entries, poor skills, and lack of pressure. That's not all going to be fixed in the space of one week.

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You tell ‘em :tearsofjoy:

kaboom kid

From the River to the Sea, Israel will be free.
Apr 28, 2016
Destination club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think you over estimate our abilities. We ain't winning by 10+ goals. No one wins by that margin in Perth, and we're not one of the strongest teams.

Their game style might suck, but ours ain't that crash hot either based on what we dished up the last 2 weeks. Over hand balling, rubbish forward entries, poor skills, and lack of pressure. That's not all going to be fixed in the space of one week.
JLT is meaningless. We have been foxing big time ... SuperCoach Scott will flick the switch and unleash hell....Lyon's purple rabble will fold like soggy cardboard when confronted with Brads hardened team of road warriors....annihilation beckons Docker fans.....

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Gees that’s an ordinary midfield. Fyfe is unstoppable when on, though his kicking is sub par, the rest are just average at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back