Society/Culture Christchurch Mosque mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

I think as a society we enable it.

Websites like stormfront, 4chan, 8chan are allowed to exist infetted.

What sort of society do we live in where it is is possible that the whole thing can be streamed live on Facebook?

With zero repercussions to anyone.

A lot of things are very very wrong.
It is very hard and in many ways undesirable to getter free speech (thinking of unintended consequences). I don’t have an answer

Craven Morehead

I really don't care what you think.
Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
So says the one with blinkers.
So a psychopath references ideology and that is the reason for his violent behaviour

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

No blinkers here mate.
Having faith is one thing, turning it into a religion is an entirely different matter.

So you can see you’ve lost the common ground. IMO I am in favour of any culture who doesn’t make strict demands on those outside the culture, but the Abrahamic religions are notorious for not doing that.
Any religion that makes demands on those not of that religion lacks validity in my eyes. If that makes me arrogant then call me arrogant.

Edit make that making demands of anyone that isn’t the self. As in you choose to act in a certain way to follow the religion but it must be free choice and not “I do it so I won’t be punished “

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not sure if this is the same footage.

Rambling? Yeah. Insincere? Perhaps, at a stretch. But mirthful? I think you're seeing what you want to see.

I think he was genuinely shocked like the rest of us. Maybe just struggling to get some caring & statesman like comments out.

I may not think much of Scomo but I wouldn't put any impression on that than I think I feel myself, shock & a feeling of unreal disbelief even.

I think we should let this one through to the keeper. Maybe not the time to over analyse things.

Mar 17, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
I hope the left/right w***ers are proud of themselves today.

They all have a stake in these murders.

Your 'analysis' is as per the Monty Python 'Dead Bishop' sketch,

"Its a fair cop, but society's to blame"

(Detective ) "Agreed, We'll be charging them too".

"Right, now I'll ask you all to conclude this harrest with a hymn."

At least we all now know where you get your 'ideas' from. ;)

Royal Flush

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I hope the left/right w***ers are proud of themselves today.

They all have a stake in these murders.
I started reading this thread from the beginning when it was already 1100 posts deep.
It started with reports then confirmation of live feed.
Post after post of shock and sorrow at what had occurred.
It didn't take long before the ideologie thugs came on and turned it from what it was, a psychopath with a thirst for blood to a left right s**t fight/religion hijack.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I started reading this thread from the beginning when it was already 1100 posts deep.
It started with reports then confirmation of live feed.
Post after post of shock and sorrow at what had occurred.
It didn't take long before the ideologie thugs came on and turned it from what it was, a psychopath with a thirst for blood to a left right s**t fight/religion hijack.

Tiny little captains on the ship of fools.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Very glad I watched that. Cheers.
I find it impossible to disagree with anything that he said.

The kid has wisdom beyond his years. A very fine conceptual thinker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont be a douchebag.

There have been numerous right wing terror attacks in recent years. Brevik, McVeigh, Roof, this ****head, the Mosque shooting in Ottowa, that ****head in the UK who drove his car in to the Mosque, all those 'Sovereign citizen' twits in the USA and so forth.

Ive posted articles a number of times in the past that lists RWNJ's as the second biggest terrorism threat after Islamists (and arguably a bigger threat in the West than the Islamists, who commit most of their attacks in places like Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Nigeria and Pakistan).

This is a position mirrored by law enforcement bodies of the USA, UK, NZ, Australia and so forth.

Radicalized disenfranchised men, who adhere to a political position of hatred and othering and blame of migrants, who generally speaking are pro gun loners who spend an inordinate amount of time socially isolated and posting on the internet.

It's hardly surprising that they're dangerous.
According to NY Times every single terrorist attack in US last year, whether it involved guns, knives, vehicles was from RWNJs.

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The kid has wisdom beyond his years. A very fine conceptual thinker.

The striking thing he said for mine is that there is no solution to this. None.
People are addicted to the left v right culture war and what this prick did in NZ was a calculated act to foment the divide even further and the media machine have swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
The entire go-pro footage that the killer posted on facebook can be found on youtube (still there right now).

It's horrific of course.

But, unlike many others who feel it should be censored from the internet, I actually think they should show it, because it rams home the horror of it, forcing people to truly hate violence.

Otherwise, people are sanitized. "gunman kills 40" no images/video, people don't realize and fob it off, just news of the day, aren't mentally scarred by the horror enough to spur on greater discussion of anti-violence and tolerance by all.
You're not thinking of the privacy of the families of the victims of this atrocity. Imagine their horror knowing that there are actually people watching their loved ones being slaughtered, cheering on the gunman.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
The striking thing he said for mine is that there is no solution to this. None.
People are addicted to the left v right culture war and what this prick did in NZ was a calculated act to foment the divide even further and the media machine have swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
There is a direct threat coming from white nationalists. It will come to Australia soon.

This left/right blame hot take is nonsense.

Yeah, it's not like you have any stake in this stupid game mate.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
The christian government's have showed they are unwilling to go after these white nut jobs. He should of been on a watch list.

The. Media found to much out to quickly for authorities to say they were surprised.

This is purely the fault of politicians who use hate to divide.

Watching news reports you hardly hear the word terrorism. Yet if its a Somalia dood who acts in the spur of the moment as a result of mental illness. The media go to town on the word terrorism.

This guy planned it for months and spent tens of thousands on dollars on it.

You white folk have serious problems.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Walk me through it then. The body count is growing from people with a very specific ideology.

Can't you see how this cretin's relationship with his supposed ideological opposition has played a major role in driving his insanity?

Craven Morehead

Jan 2, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
At some point we have to stop blaming the media and take some responsibility as individuals and as a collective.

Media reports things in a way that they think people want to hear.
If people stopped wanting to hear news through the prism of left/right then the media will stop reporting news through the prism of left/right.

You grant people far too much intelligence.
I hope we are actually being run by the lizard people and that our extinction is imminent because we are one dumb f***ing species.

The problem is it can’t function like wiretaps because you can’t intercept point-to-point, you have inspect the entirety of the traffic on a platform. It functions like the Great Firewall of China, with the key difference being (minimal) judicial oversight.
The judicial oversight comes when in court I guess.

Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
I tend to agree with GG.

IMO, too many people don't understand, or don't want to know, that there are real consequences for everyone when we go down the path of marginalising people.
History tells you it never ends well.
Watch the video and decide "is this really what I want to see on my street?"

That's not meant to be disrespectful to the victims or their families.
The problem is I think the wrong people will watch it for the wrong reasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back