Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
tenor.gif

yes !

:think::p

I'm only mid-price madness in DEF ...and M5 & M6 .....8 x mid-pricers, if you include Greene as a mid pricer

Just not happy with 6 on field Rookies ......want to get down to 5, but I simply can't see it being any lower than that
Yeah, 6 rookies as well. I can live with these rookies.
I would say we have the same 5:
Clark, Walsh, Butters, Setters, Drew and one that you are unlikely to have Scrimshaw

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Yeah, 6 rookies as well. I can live with these rookies.
I would say we have the same 5:
Clark, Walsh, Butters, Setters, Drew and one that you are unlikely to have Scrimshaw
Clark, Walsh, Duursma, Setters, Drew & unknown .....as it won't be a Rookie at this stage

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I can understand no Scrimshaw, but no Butters?
No ! .....JLT form can be misleading & I think Butters will play as a small forward .....but his scoring to be low due to low possessions, unless he kicks a few goals

No ! .....JLT form can be misleading & I think Butters will play as a small forward .....but his scoring to be low due to low possessions, unless he kicks a few goals
I have him in the same risks bracket as per Ridley, Collins and Moore - but, obviously a lot cheaper.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
What was Judd_Magic 's team .....3 x On-Field Rookies :eek:

I can live with Walsh + 1 ...in the midfield ......but 2 Rookies in both FWD & DEF , I can't this year

But I do not trust Ridley

Yep only 3 on field rookies for me.

Clark
Walsh
Setterfield

:moustache::thumbsu:

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I did this with Jeffy Garlett a few years ago, maybe his 1st year at Melbourne. Tonned up early in the year and I timed it sweet trading him out at an 80 av and 90k odd increase for a very decreased Zorko I believe - only cost me 100k or so to get Zorkos super scores for the next 4 months!
Good example. Jumping off at the right time is crucial.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Lincoln Maccarthy

I'm worried Collins is going to play lockdown tall and average 50 which would be fine if he cost 123k and was on my Def bench...
I'm worried he'll get injured in the pre-match warm up ......hexxed !

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Lincoln Maccarthy

I'm worried Collins is going to play lockdown tall and average 50 which would be fine if he cost 123k and was on my Def bench...

Collins can score though. He scored 2 x 100 from 12 games in his debut season at Fremantle.

If he averages 58, he is still going to increase in price close to $90,000, not to mention he has the ability to score hundreds (see above). If a guy priced at this, can garner us the same amount of points/cash as a rookie, why wouldn't you select him? Furthermore, there are no question marks over his JS so even if you do keep him, he will be a very handy D6/D7 for the year you can lock and leave.

Was my first picked rookie this year.

Edit. His first 6 games aren't exactly a tough draw. St.Kilda (A), Fremantle (H), Bulldogs (A), Blues (H), Crows (A), Lions (H)

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Collins can score though. He scored 2 x 100 from 12 games in his debut season at Fremantle.

If he averages 58, he is still going to increase in price close to $90,000, not to mention he has the ability to score hundreds (see above). If a guy priced at this, can garner us the same amount of points/cash as a rookie, why wouldn't you select him? Furthermore, there are no question marks over his JS so even if you do keep him, he will be a very handy D6/D7 for the year you can lock and leave.

Was my first picked rookie this year.

Edit. His first 6 games aren't exactly a tough draw. St.Kilda (A), Fremantle (H), Bulldogs (A), Blues (H), Crows (A), Lions (H)

So long as Dew is coach, his JS will be questionable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back