• Tottenham

• Liverpool

• Happy with either

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

spurs-poster.jpg

Thank * we made the quarter finals.

An open question to anyone in the know.

If an English club wins both the Champions League & the Europa Cups this year, does that then mean that 6 teams from England will play Champions League next year?....Given that the winners from both comps automatically qualify for the following years Champions League.

If an English club wins both the Champions League & the Europa Cups this year, does that then mean that 6 teams from England will play Champions League next year?....Given that the winners from both comps automatically qualify for the following years Champions League.
Nope. Pretty sure they changed it so it is 5 max from any country.

only if they finish outside the top 4.

Nope. Pretty sure they changed it so it is 5 max from any country.
actually no this is correct. apparently if the cl winner comes from 5th and europa league winner from 6th, 4th place gets moved to the europa league

Maximum of 5 teams from one league in the CL. If both winners of EL / CL are from EPL and both dont finish in top 4 - 4th place in EPL misses out on CL.

actually no this is correct. apparently if the cl winner comes from 5th and europa league winner from 6th, 4th place gets moved to the europa league

Wouldn't you just hate to be that club that comes fourth and still doesn't qualify for CL.

Only if those teams finish outside the top 4. Spain only got 4 spots last year despite both Madrid teams winning becuase they were both in the top 4.

Wouldn't you just hate to be that club that comes fourth and still doesn't qualify for CL.
That would be awful...

Not 100% sure, but I saw a Spurs journo talking about it on Twitter. That's why we've made the deal with Brighton and Palace that at least one of them will be the first game, depending on FA Cup results, and one will be pushed to later on.

I think it might have had something to do with it being midweek and the greater affect delays or issues would have being late at night and for fans potentially travelling from Europe. Something like that, I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

spurs-poster.jpg

Thank **** we made the quarter finals.

We'll be more than competitive. Anybody thinking that City will steamroll Spurs might find themselves in for a rude shock. Kane, Alli, Eriksen and Son will get chances to score. We need to be clinical but without doubt have a live chance, especially if we can bring the shiny new home with accompanying rabid crowd into play.

Ajax can upset Juventus too. Make no mistake about that.

Only if those teams finish outside the top 4. Spain only got 4 spots last year despite both Madrid teams winning becuase they were both in the top 4.

Correct. A nation can theoretically have 5 CL teams. It would take a miracle of Lazarus like proportions for Spurs to finish 4th and miss CL qualification next season. The rules changed after Chelsea won the CL in 2013 (or rather Bayern Munich bottled it on their own deck) after finishing out of the CL spots, relegating Spurs to the Europa League, despite Spurs finishing 4th.

Basically for Spurs to miss out after finishing 4th, either Liverpool or City would have to completely fall over and miss the top 4 in the League WHILST ALSO winning the CL AND either Chelsea or Arsenal win the Europa from outside the top 4.

Or

Spurs finish 4th, United win the CL AND finish outside the top 4 AND either Chelsea or Arsenal finish 3rd AND the the other one wins the Europa whilst finishing outside the top 4 (assuming Liverpool and City finish top 2).

Assuming a 4th place finish for Spurs, it is a virtual mathematical impossibility for them to not play CL next season.

We'll be more than competitive. Anybody thinking that City will steamroll Spurs might find themselves in for a rude shock. Kane, Alli, Eriksen and Son will get chances to score. We need to be clinical but without doubt have a live chance, especially if we can bring the shiny new home with accompanying rabid crowd into play.

Ajax can upset Juventus too. Make no mistake about that.
If you pricks knock out City from the CL and lose to them in the EPL, I’ll be pissed!

Man U tried to negotiate a deal with Barca for opposition fans to be charged 75 euros for the CL matches. Barca refused to move from their standard 102 euros. Man U then responded by increasing the cost to Barca fans to 102 euros from the 75 euros. That extra revenue will be used to subsidize the cost to the visiting Man U fans down to 75 euros. Hahaha. Well done.
Liverpool and Porto have agreed to a 60 euro deal for visiting fans, down from the 75 euros in the round of 16 match they played last season. Prices were initally set at 85 euros for these games.

Man U tried to negotiate a deal with Barca for opposition fans to be charged 75 euros for the CL matches. Barca refused to move from their standard 102 euros. Man U then responded by increasing the cost to Barca fans to 102 euros from the 75 euros. That extra revenue will be used to subsidize the cost to the visiting Man U fans down to 75 euros. Hahaha. Well done.
Liverpool and Porto have agreed to a 60 euro deal for visiting fans, down from the 75 euros in the round of 16 match they played last season. Prices were initally set at 85 euros for these games.
It was 120 Euros.

Don't see anything wrong with it. Pretty sure my brother paid +100 euro for the clasico earlier this season, for being somewhere high up in the stands. Nice gesture from Utd to traveling fans, but seems a bit weird they'd ask Barcelona to lower their prices for them.

Don't see anything wrong with it. Pretty sure my brother paid +100 euro for the clasico earlier this season, for being somewhere high up in the stands. Nice gesture from Utd to traveling fans, but seems a bit weird they'd ask Barcelona to lower their prices for them.
You dont find that cost ridiculous? United trying to look after the fans because Spanish club try to * over our away fans.

Anything attempts to reduce ticket prices are positive.

You dont find that cost ridiculous? United trying to look after the fans because Spanish club try to **** over our away fans.

Anything attempts to reduce ticket prices are positive.

Like I said, my brother paid +100 euro per ticket as a home fan for the clasico this season. I don't know all the prices but a spokesperson said these prices are no different from what non-members are charged, so it has nothing to do with your fans.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/uefa-cha...r-manchester-united-visit-in-champions-league

Barca have defended their pricing strategy, though, which they said was consistent and has not been hiked up.

"The prices are the same for the [Man Utd] fans and for our own supporters," a spokesman said. "The pricing policy is in keeping with recent knockout games against Lyon and Roma in the last year.

"It doesn't matter if it's Man United, Juventus or Lyon -- these are the prices for everyone attending the game -- not including season ticket holders who have all three competitions [La Liga, the Champions League and the Copa del Rey] included in the prices they pay each year.

If Utd cares so much about their own fans, maybe they can drop their season ticket prices next season. Good on them for what they're doing, but this also smells like a bit of clever PR.

"Season tickets at Barcelona are cheaper [than at Man Utd]. The cheapest one costs around £120 and includes every competition. At Old Trafford, it costs more than £500 and that's only for the Premier League games. Everything needs to be in context."

Basically Utd fans were asking Barcelona to treat them the same way as they treat their own season ticket holders.

"Barcelona charging us member prices for away tickets would have not cost them much at all -- certainly compared to [Lionel] Messi's wages.

Like I said, my brother paid +100 euro per ticket as a home fan for the clasico this season. I don't know all the prices but a spokesperson said these prices are no different from what non-members are charged, so it has nothing to do with your fans.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/uefa-cha...r-manchester-united-visit-in-champions-league

If Utd cares so much about their own fans, maybe they can drop their season ticket prices next season. Good on them for what they're doing, but this also smells like a bit of clever PR.

Basically Utd fans were asking Barcelona to treat them the same way as they treat their own season ticket holders.
Sevilla and Valencia have tried to * our away fans with ticket price increases over the last couple of seasons and it has backfired on them.

Drop season ticket prices? We are mid range in the prem and have had prices frozen for 6 or 7 years. I'm sure that cheap season ticket is in short supply and is in the gods somewhere. Lots of clubs offer a few cheap season tickets to cover up the fact that most are stupid money.

United fans werent asking for anything. United just making sure the away fans arent getting screwed. You honestly think it is right that clubs are charging £120 for 1 game? Football is a working class sport ffs. More than a club those self righteous campaigners say. Always been a load of bullshit.

Back