Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Most years I end up with only 6-8 of my original Rd1 squad. The notion that you must have 12-14 keepers in your starting squad otherwise you won't end up with a 'complete' team is BS
I disagree

It simply doesn't add up in a limited trade format, there's normally 1-2-3 rookies I will hold all year for whatever reason also be it they're a reliable scorer with good JS that you can use as coverage or I haven't been able to move said rookie on and they sit at M11 or whatever and normally my R3 loopholer too unless there's a must have ruck rookie which are rare these days. I held Fritsch all season last year for example and I'd imagine many others would have too

Sure injuries and form dips come along but upto only 6 starting players left is extreme imo, you'd either have a poor run with injury/form, or you completely nailed your team and can luxury trade your way to a high rank/cash league victory

Last year off the top of my head I had

Fritsch
Frampton
Laird
Cripps
Titchell
Smith
Gawn
Coniglio
Dusty
Zerrett

My only starting midfield premium last season who I traded out was Fyfe as he tore his hammy or something. Cripps and Cogs were great value picks, Dusty a bust but held him due to problems elsewhere, held Zerrett through his concussion issues early in the season, came good eventually

Forwards were the main problem for me with form/injury, with the odd one down back too like Sicily

End of the day I feel only holding 6 starting players for the whole season is unachievable, 8 probably achievable, 9-10-11 probably is more realistic

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I disagree

It simply doesn't add up in a limited trade format, there's normally 1-2-3 rookies I will hold all year for whatever reason also be it they're a reliable scorer with good JS that you can use as coverage or I haven't been able to move said rookie on and they sit at M11 or whatever and normally my R3 loopholer too unless there's a must have ruck rookie which are rare these days. I held Fritsch all season last year for example and I'd imagine many others would have too

Sure injuries and form dips come along but upto only 6 starting players left is extreme imo, you'd either have a poor run with injury/form, or you completely nailed your team and can luxury trade your way to a high rank/cash league victory

Fritsch
Frampton
Laird
Cripps
Titchell
Smith
Gawn
Coniglio
Dusty
Zerrett

My only starting midfield premium last season who I traded out was Fyfe as he tore his hammy or something. Cripps and Cogs were great value picks, Dusty a bust but held him due to problems elsewhere, held Zerrett through his concussion issues early in the season, came good eventually

Forwards were the main problem for me with form/injury, with the odd one down back too like Sicily

End of the day I feel only holding 6 starting players for the whole season is unachievable, 8 probably achievable, 9-10-11 probably is more realistic

I don't think anyone goes out of their way to only end up with 6 of their original side but it does happen quite a bit. I think there was a thread about how many of your Rd1 team do you have left somewhere around here and 6-8 was pretty much standard.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
My bad.

How do you think he'll go for you guys this year?

Really looks a player.
Intercept marker but played a lot of the midfield as a junior before massive growth spurt so the promise was he could ultimately be a tall winger.
Showed glimpses last year but looks much more acconplished already in the pre-season.
Article on the website said coaches were very impressed with his time trial in preseason so looks to have improved his running capacity.
Certainly wasn’t definite best 22 coming into the year but Thompson’s injury and his performance gives him a starting spot rd 1.
To be honest could see him averaging anywhere from 60-75. Think last year he averaged about 45..
For his price I don’t think he’s worth picking.
Only in his second season. Is still a light body - would surprise if he managed 22 games.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
I got a good gut feeling about your team too mate :moustache:

1552704479953.png

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
What???? You missed his post - see above in Red.

Danger is 660k as a MID
Danger is 660k as a FWD

It makes no difference where he starts except allowing you one extra forward rookie (where there’s SFA available) instead of a midfield rookie (where there’s a bucketload)
Nah I'm not reading it like that at all :)

Average value of premium mids would be say 575-600k

Forwards 500-525k

Yes Danger will be 660k in either forwards or mids, but he could replace say an Oliver type for under 40k more in the mids

Then you'd look at maybe fitting in a 470k forward who could improve on last year's output instead like Darling, Boak or Walters as Danger will be in the mids

So hypothetically if Oliver was in the mids and Danger forward

Oliver out, Danger in mids, 470k forward premium in and 140-150k extra

It's all upto what you do with the extra 140-150k on whatever you have leftover already

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams

Forwards 500-525k

Yes Danger will be 660k in either forwards or mids, but he could replace say an Oliver type for under 40k more in the mids

Then you'd look at maybe fitting in a 470k forward who could improve on last year's output instead like Darling, Boak or Walters as Danger will be in the mids

It's all upto what you do with the extra 140-150k on whatever you have leftover already
IMG_20190316_101248.png

IMG_20190316_101230.png

IMG_20190316_101212.png

Original team with Oliver

Weak backline but I can swing Moore wherever needed here at least on the line that has the weaker rookies (to be determined 2-3 rounds in, but right now it seems defenders are ahead of forwards)

IMG_20190316_140658.png

IMG_20190316_140637.png

IMG_20190316_140618.png

Wowee, $0

No Oliver or Cousins or Collins

Gain Dunkley, Williams, 117k rookie

Don't mind this at all actually

IMG_20190316_140753.png

IMG_20190316_140738.png

IMG_20190316_140719.png

Probably my least favoured option

Lose Oliver and Moore

Gain Dunkley and Greene

Defence loses Moore swing, gets a touch weaker, midfield and forwards isn't too bad still

Yeah I think it's one of the first two options here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
View attachment 635961
View attachment 635960
View attachment 635959

Original team with Oliver

Weak backline but I can swing Moore wherever needed here at least on the line that has the weaker rookies (to be determined 2-3 rounds in, but right now it seems defenders are ahead of forwards)

View attachment 635964
View attachment 635963
View attachment 635962

Wowee, $0

No Oliver or Cousins or Collins

Gain Dunkley, Williams, 117k rookie

Don't mind this at all actually

View attachment 635967
View attachment 635966
View attachment 635965

Probably my least favoured option

Lose Oliver and Moore

Gain Dunkley and Greene

Defence loses Moore swing, gets a touch weaker, midfield and forwards isn't too bad still

Yeah I think it's one of the first two options here

So basically Boak is your M5

Hodgey09

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have at it. Cheers for any advice in advance

Attachments

• CF82A06C-5713-4B71-9D21-BBAB21A6A9A0.png
    CF82A06C-5713-4B71-9D21-BBAB21A6A9A0.png
    890.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 80AB6DC4-FE13-44AB-AA7E-8ED4E0573426.png
    80AB6DC4-FE13-44AB-AA7E-8ED4E0573426.png
    818.8 KB · Views: 58
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Yeah Boak should improve by a few points on last year but I'd still rather have Libba + $178k than Boak
Darling is the only one I like at Boaks range

Libba and 178k kills my team structure as there is simply no one I would want to use that cash to upgrade on

I would rather scrap one of Grawndy down to Goldy/Lycett etc and upgrade a bench mid rookie to fit him in

Feel Libba's a M6 type, not M5
Boak is such a boring vanilla pick.
Can we confirm you've been burnt before? ;)

I disagree

Fritsch
Frampton
Laird
Cripps
Titchell
Smith
Gawn
Coniglio
Dusty
Zerrett

Works for me. I have 10 players I absolutely will not trade out unless forced too. I hope that turns in to 13 or 14.

Forwards 500-525k

That really doesn’t make any sense. All that means is you’ve effectively lost a Premo mid for a mid priced forward. You’ve ended up with a Boak or Walters ahead of Piggy. On what planet is that going to net you more points?

I have Danger, Henry and Boak at F1-3 with McCrae, Cripps, Piggy anda Fyfe at M1-4.

I’m not sure how removing Piggy for Danger and then buying Walters at F4 is any different to simply swapping Piggy for Butters and Burgess for Walters. It’s precisely the same thing without having to move Danger, and I’m going to pick up a MID rookie who will moo much louder than any of the non existent forward rookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back