Strength Weight Training: Anything and Everything II

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah pretty easy, I’ll suggest it to Markos on his insta page and see if they can get it happening for the men’s tomorrow.

Worst case he could post a couple of photos/screenshots up once each flight has done each list

Haha yeah.
He just doesn’t give a s**t which, along with his sense of humour, makes for some funny listening.
It is great, haha.

Oreb broke the U110’s squat record and opened on a 230Kg bench, 20kg on Kev’s. Surprised by that as doesn’t Kev have the record?

It is great, haha.

Oreb broke the U110’s squat record and opened on a 230Kg bench, 20kg on Kev’s. Surprised by that as doesn’t Kev have the record?

No one cares what you open on, only what you finish on ;)
Looks like he only ended up with 235kg (no idea what Kev benched).
It’s a shame Tom Martin pulled out, would’ve been good to see if Seb could catch him (Tom had gone 410, 210, 400 or thereabouts in training).
Looks like Crozier might catch Seb on deadlifts as it is (just smoked his opening dead of 360 and only 5kg behind now).

No one cares what you open on, only what you finish on ;)
Looks like he only ended up with 235kg (no idea what Kev benched).
It’s a shame Tom Martin pulled out, would’ve been good to see if Seb could catch him (Tom had gone 410, 210, 400 or thereabouts in training).
Looks like Crozier might catch Seb on deadlifts as it is (just smoked his opening dead of 360 and only 5kg behind now).
What a ******* finish! Thought Seb had another 2.5kg in him and would have probably won as Croziers last dead was super slow and a bit dicey.

New junior record about to happen, Dylan Hellriegel is going to crush it. Needs to beat 1067.5KG to take the record and did 1062.5KG last year. Currently on 695KG after squats and bench. Since he warms up with like 380 he’s gonna smash it out of the ball park.

Became the first lifter ever to squat 450kg+ and deadlift 408kg+ in a raw meet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I shouldn’t be listening to Joe Rogan podcasts whilst I lift? And just have the rocky theme on repeat haha

Haha.
If you ever want to see how music affects people in the gym watch a group class that plays a variety of music.
Can almost guarantee exercise speed will match song tempo.

The other day the owner was in there on his own and forgot to put soundtracks on.

The energy was sucked out of the room and we all slumped over our stations as a collective.

You could hear the butchered english of the battered meathead..."I fink so"..."And then I told the campaigner I'd come over at 6 right...campaigner wasn't even there...ya get me?"

The music is usually on loud, and now people visibly stiffened and went quiet when they realised the safety net of loud music was no longer there to ease their anxiety.

The kids at the front desk usually play some stupefying variation of the latest r&b which shits me to tears. The owner has one scratched up cd of 90's music he keeps in the drawer.

And then it came over the sound system.

'Who let the dogs out... HOO HOO HOO HOOO!

And everyone breathed a sigh of relief and we all kind of rose from the dead at the same time, and went back to clangin the iron.

It was a horrible moment.

Deadlift day.

Felt s**t until I had a coffee. Seems caffeine withdrawals will need to happen another day
Jumped up to 115kg after starting 5 weeks ago barely able to do 40.

Think I'm at my limit but looking to improve over the next 6 -12 months

Backstory: Played footy every season from about 6 years old to 24years old. Annoyed at injuries and also lack of commitment missed past two seasons. Been doing a lot in the gym and haven't missed a footy training and done some extra running/swimming sessions past 3 months. The only standardized running test I've done is going from a 17.5mins 4km to a 16mins 4km in those 3 months. Did 10.2 beep test at the start of Jan, I might do another one Saturday morning to see progress as well. Lifts are at an ok standard, dead 1.5xbw, squat 1.2xbw, bench bw, press 0.75bw and did a 2.5minute plank so always want more but guess I have an ok base for local footy. Dropped about 6% body fat in that time as well.

Now after 2 years off I had planned on missing the first month of the season in order to train for power in the gym and to get more of a running base under my belt. I'm not going to be running on top of the ground as I'd like to but I reckon I could probably get through a match ok - last qtr will be pretty tough though. I'm itching to play in round 1 next weekend but not sure whether I should play and just try and manage some extra running and power stuff while playing, or stick to my original plan and sit out the first month? Thoughts?

Backstory: Played footy every season from about 6 years old to 24years old. Annoyed at injuries and also lack of commitment missed past two seasons. Been doing a lot in the gym and haven't missed a footy training and done some extra running/swimming sessions past 3 months. The only standardized running test I've done is going from a 17.5mins 4km to a 16mins 4km in those 3 months. Did 10.2 beep test at the start of Jan, I might do another one Saturday morning to see progress as well. Lifts are at an ok standard, dead 1.5xbw, squat 1.2xbw, bench bw, press 0.75bw and did a 2.5minute plank so always want more but guess I have an ok base for local footy. Dropped about 6% body fat in that time as well.

Now after 2 years off I had planned on missing the first month of the season in order to train for power in the gym and to get more of a running base under my belt. I'm not going to be running on top of the ground as I'd like to but I reckon I could probably get through a match ok - last qtr will be pretty tough though. I'm itching to play in round 1 next weekend but not sure whether I should play and just try and manage some extra running and power stuff while playing, or stick to my original plan and sit out the first month? Thoughts?

You will get more benefit from playing and managing extra stuff outside footy, than you will by not playing and training extra, particularly if you aren't coming back from an injury. There is a reason they call it match fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back