'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone driven from Hobart to Launceston on match day - any ideas of what traffic to expect?

Going to spend a few days in Tassie coincidentally when the Hawks and Blues are playing

Working out whether to drive to Launceston on game day or the day before

Changa10
Sorry MightyHawks I missed this tag.

As long as you allow plenty of time the drive isn’t too bad. There are some road works on the midlands highway at the moment, so that slows you down a bit, but there are plenty of overtaking areas along the way. Allow yourself a good 2 and a half hours (if you don’t plan to stop anywhere).

For a 1.10 start, I usually leave home at 9am or so, but usually stop at Ross or Campbell Town for a coffee break.

I find the drive back worse, as all traffic departs at the same time.

I’m heading up that way for work on April 1st, so will try and remember to give you an update.

Hey Adelaide based Hawks,

I'm heading to the round one game v the crows with 3 mates from around the globe. It seems there aren't any tickets available? Are there normally tickets available on the day (not fussed if they are standing or whatever)
Or are there alternate options for tickets?

Thanks in advance

I'm heading to the round one game v the crows with 3 mates from around the globe. It seems there aren't any tickets available? Are there normally tickets available on the day (not fussed if they are standing or whatever)

Thanks in advance

I'm not from Adelaide, but if you're still needing tickets perhaps you could try eBay or Gumtree mate.

Thanks in advance
Get yourself a General Admission ticket. They're still available. This will allow you to stand on the hill.

So Hawthorn had their season launch a few days ago... with jumper presentation. Anyone go, and if so did Reeves get a jumper?

Sorry MightyHawks I missed this tag.

As long as you allow plenty of time the drive isn’t too bad. There are some road works on the midlands highway at the moment, so that slows you down a bit, but there are plenty of overtaking areas along the way. Allow yourself a good 2 and a half hours (if you don’t plan to stop anywhere).

For a 1.10 start, I usually leave home at 9am or so, but usually stop at Ross or Campbell Town for a coffee break.

I find the drive back worse, as all traffic departs at the same time.

I’m heading up that way for work on April 1st, so will try and remember to give you an update.

Thanks mate, it's a 3:20 match, we'll probably leave Hobart 9/9:30 so have plenty of time I think

Thanks mate, it's a 3:20 match, we'll probably leave Hobart 9/9:30 so have plenty of time I think
Yes, you will be fine. A stop or two if you want and you will still be in Launceston by 1pm.

So I've just recently become a Telstra customer and seem to have set up the free AFL Live subscription on my iPhone, but does that also apply to my laptop if I log in there with the same Telstra details? Or do I have to pay to use it on the laptop? Don't have Foxtel, so just trying to work out the best way to watch the upcoming game against the crows. Thanks.

So I've just recently become a Telstra customer and seem to have set up the free AFL Live subscription on my iPhone, but does that also apply to my laptop if I log in there with the same Telstra details? Or do I have to pay to use it on the laptop? Don't have Foxtel, so just trying to work out the best way to watch the upcoming game against the crows. Thanks.
Fairly sure Telstra only have rights to view it on mobile devices... have faced this problem in the past!

I’ve used phone & iPad. Haven’t tried laptop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't renewed my membership yet. What did everyone who was on reserved seating and got booted to the flexi crap end up doing? Noticed a lot of Home and Away memberships are no longer available.

Who got booted? The ones who rarely turn up. It was really embarrassing som people must have too much money

Can anyone tell me what days/time I can see us train this week? I know there are no "open" sessions, but what day and time is our main session before the weekend?

Anyone else use afltables.com for stats? Normally, it's updated by midday on the Monday after the round. I'm wondering if the good fellow who has been running it has given the game away?
Page said update in progress when I looked earlier

Hey peeps who have travelled to Tassie for a game, my family and I are thinking of flying in for round 17 v Freo, Sat arvo game - wheres a good place to stay say within 1/2 hours walk to the ground?

Hey peeps who have travelled to Tassie for a game, my family and I are thinking of flying in for round 17 v Freo, Sat arvo game - wheres a good place to stay say within 1/2 hours walk to the ground?

We always stay at Adina Park apartments - not expensive, pretty comfortable, self-contained and pretty quiet.

Just a couple of 100 metres up the hill from the centre of town.

My step-father and I were recently discussing the disgusting umpiring decision against Sicily in the Hawks v. Dogs match, and got to talking about the equality of penalties. Our understanding (correct us if wrong), is that if the defender infringes, the forward gets a free in front of goals; but if the forward were to infringe we assume penalty is taken from either the backline, or advantage up the ground, and paid from the centre circle - I'm not sure I've ever even seen a free paid the other way? It's certainly not awarded anywhere near scoring distance!

As such, the penalty on the defender is so much more harsh, which creates a huge incentive for the forward to antagonise and provoke the defender knowing the umpires are generally only 'looking in one direction', and knowing that any penalty could result in a free goal. This becomes even more pronounced in the late stages of a game, you'd be harassing the s**t out of defenders (with impunity) trying to get them to shove you because the chance on goal could give you the game!

I believe in an ideal world, the penalty EITHER way for those indiscretions outside play should be from the centre circle, it keeps it a bit more equitable and removes some of the incentive. Thoughts?

My step-father and I were recently discussing the disgusting umpiring decision against Sicily in the Hawks v. Dogs match, and got to talking about the equality of penalties. Our understanding (correct us if wrong), is that if the defender infringes, the forward gets a free in front of goals; but if the forward were to infringe we assume penalty is taken from either the backline, or advantage up the ground, and paid from the centre circle - I'm not sure I've ever even seen a free paid the other way? It's certainly not awarded anywhere near scoring distance!

As such, the penalty on the defender is so much more harsh, which creates a huge incentive for the forward to antagonise and provoke the defender knowing the umpires are generally only 'looking in one direction', and knowing that any penalty could result in a free goal. This becomes even more pronounced in the late stages of a game, you'd be harassing the s**t out of defenders (with impunity) trying to get them to shove you because the chance on goal could give you the game!

I believe in an ideal world, the penalty EITHER way for those indiscretions outside play should be from the centre circle, it keeps it a bit more equitable and removes some of the incentive. Thoughts?
I think if a player pushes another player in the chest, and the umpire pays a free the penalty should be three weeks in some bush league and then never umpire again. (but in terms of the gist of your post I agree)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back