MLB 2018/19 Off season

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting stronger that harper will take a short deal. Phillies are a lot less confident.

Kimbrel still unsigned. Reckon he will sign a 1 or 2 year deal, and I'm hoping the braves.

NE, especially if harper does sign with Phillies is looking a competitive division

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just been mentioned by a few sources that the Dodgers have offered him a 10 year deal, Phillies will be packing themselves now as the Dodgers was one of his preferred destinations.

Kimbrel, who knows where he's going tbqh

A full no trade clause and no opt outs in the deal. That is not what i ever expected.
No opt outs is the big one. Most players have opt outs to then resign for a bigger deal.

The no trade claus doesn't mean much. Just means they can't trade him without his consent. If they are going s**t and want to trade him he will leave to a club he likes.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">When Bryce Harper gets his final paycheck from the Phillies in 2031, Bobby Bonilla will still be four years away from his final paycheck from the Mets.</p>&mdash; Rian Watt (@rianwatt) <a href="">February 28, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is always good for a laugh

No opt outs is the big one. Most players have opt outs to then resign for a bigger deal.

The no trade claus doesn't mean much. Just means they can't trade him without his consent. If they are going s**t and want to trade him he will leave to a club he likes.

So basically means, if the Yankees come knocking he will waive it, otherwise 13 years in Philly

He won't last the 13 years.......he won't win a title there, at least the Giants or Dodgers are better contenders, and from a lifestyle perspective, nicer places to live.

The amount is absurd but 13 years.........wow.

He won't last the 13 years.......he won't win a title there, at least the Giants or Dodgers are better contenders, and from a lifestyle perspective, nicer places to live.

The amount is absurd but 13 years.........wow.

Watch him win a title in his first 4 years there, they are building a pretty decent team in Philly.

Giants are way off contending and well the Dodgers would've made sense but in the end weren't offering him a long term deal which is what he wanted.

Harper already recruiting Trout. Bless him.

Phillies opening day lineup should feature only one player over 30, and Harper the second-youngest. 13 years is a long ass time, but they're getting at least 8 or 9 years of contention - maybe more if when the DH comes to the NL - and that's more than an acceptable tradeoff if those last few years are trash.

Harper already recruiting Trout. Bless him.

Phillies opening day lineup should feature only one player over 30, and Harper the second-youngest. 13 years is a long ass time, but they're getting at least 8 or 9 years of contention - maybe more if when the DH comes to the NL - and that's more than an acceptable tradeoff if those last few years are trash.

Well in 7 years with the Nats they never won a playoff series...0-4.

So nice pick up but no guarantee of success.

And let’s all hope DH never enters the NL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A number of rule changes announced by MLB, some to come in this season some next season.

One for next year is that pitcher will have to pitch to at least three batters or complete the innings before they can be subbed.

Starting this season rosters increased from 25 to 26. September rosters decreased from 40 to 28, I like that idea.

A number of rule changes announced by MLB, some to come in this season some next season.

One for next year is that pitcher will have to pitch to at least three batters or complete the innings before they can be subbed.

Starting this season rosters increased from 25 to 26. September rosters decreased from 40 to 28, I like that idea.

Both of those are actually coming in 2020.

One for this year is there will be a single July 31st deadline, with no waiver trade period. Mound visits are decreasing from 6 to 5 this year and maybe down to 4 in 2020.

Also, copy and pasted “Position players will be prohibited from pitching in games that don’t go into extra innings, unless a team is ahead or behind by at least eight runs.”.

With so many rule changes it gives me hope for a universal DH soon enough.

Both of those are actually coming in 2020.

One for this year is there will be a single July 31st deadline, with no waiver trade period. Mound visits are decreasing from 6 to 5 this year and maybe down to 4 in 2020.

Also, copy and pasted “Position players will be prohibited from pitching in games that don’t go into extra innings, unless a team is ahead or behind by at least eight runs.”.

With so many rule changes it gives me hope for a universal DH soon enough.

I liked your post up until last paragraph. Hoping they get rid of DH

Surely Kimbrel signs before opening day? Read reports he may sit out till mid-season when contending clubs come knocking. Surely players aren't going to start not playing to ensure they get more money etc.......
My son's favourite player. He always copies that weird stance of Kimbrel's when we're playing baseball in the park.

So after Trout 10/$360M and Bregman 5/$100M years extended with their teams, Paul Goldschmidt 5/$110M, Blake Snell 5 years/$50M, Eloy Jimenez 6 years/$43M (or 8/$77M) have all been extended too.

Good bye free agency as we knew it. It was nice knowing you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back