No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In The Carlton Way 2019 - 2023
"Now it is time to own our future. That future continues to be shaped by our vision – a vision that delivers our members Premierships"

They mention 10 key Targets they plan to achieve in the next 5 years note the first key target.
Win Premierships, 50K average Home Game Attendance, 100K Members, Zero Debt, 250K Active supporters, Masterplan Complete,200 Carlton in Business Members, Carlton Respects to Become the most influential Gender Equality Program in Sport, Australia's Sporting Employer of Choice, Revenue $75Million

They not saying be in a position or have the best setup to win one, They are stating Win Premierships

Got to give them credit, they're dreaming big.

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
In The Carlton Way 2019 - 2023
"Now it is time to own our future. That future continues to be shaped by our vision – a vision that delivers our members Premierships"

They mention 10 key Targets they plan to achieve in the next 5 years note the first key target.
Win Premierships, 50K average Home Game Attendance, 100K Members, Zero Debt, 250K Active supporters, Masterplan Complete,200 Carlton in Business Members, Carlton Respects to Become the most influential Gender Equality Program in Sport, Australia's Sporting Employer of Choice, Revenue $75Million

They not saying be in a position or have the best setup to win one, They are stating Win Premierships
Fair enough, I didn't read the actual document, just the article.

Well, as others have said, at least they're putting it out there.

"We choose to go to the Moon in this decade not because it is easy, but because it is hard" :)

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
True, but to be fair, I don't see a quote from Carltin in that article that says "premiership in 5 years". "...sustained on-field success that wins us premierships" yes, but that's not actually "premiership in 5 years".

The "return to their premiership winning ways" ("winning a premiership in 5 years" implied) is Barrett spin for the headline.

The goals they have actually stated are IMO pretty reasonable for a club in their position. It's just their history that makes it lolworthy.
They could have gone with something safe like...

"We'll do something real good in sometime really, real soon."

Alwaysacrow

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think someone might have already mentioned it, but it seems odd that Stocker was so highly sought after by Carlton, yet has no appeared so far and from listening to Carlton, he won't be rushed and may not even feature this year. Then if that is the case, would they not have been better off holding onto their 2019 1st rounder and taken a Rowell or another kid inside the top 3 that is likely more highly rated than Stocker (as they are likely to finish bottom 3) and that kid would probably already be in line to play next year anyway? Our 1st rounder they have is likely to be a back end 1st and won't secure the high level talent this year. Just seems really odd what they did
Carlton, SOS and their entire mob are extremely odd, it doesn't surprise me at all.

You would think every club would have winning a premiership in a five year plan. If not, why would anyone want to be a member.

Carlton last time had a realistic chance of competing for a flag back in the year 2000.

Their supporters should let that sink in for while. Given their Clubs latest marketing campaign it will be almost a quarter of a century that has passed since Carlton last competed realistically for a flag.

Apr 1, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kilkenny Cats, WWT Eagles
You would think every club would have winning a premiership in a five year plan. If not, why would anyone want to be a member.
This really has me worried now. With 18 teams in the competition, they can't all win a premiership in the next 5 years.

Especially if Carlton are winning them all.

I mean, surely a club couldn't win a flag unless it was written into a corporate plan? That would be madness! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Look I love to hang s**t on Carlton more than anyone but good on them for having a plan

It’s a big plan I’ll give them that
But have they informed the AFL and put in their request for being the designated fairytale team like Bulldogs and Richmond? Oh, and do they realise they have to get in the queue for that s**t, behind the fairytales that have already been granted to Melbourne and Essendon?

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
The double up games as follows;-

Carlton - Gold Coast, Richmond, St Kilda, Sydney, Western Bulldogs

Gold Coast - Adelaide, Brisbane Lions, Carlton, Greater Western Sydney, St Kilda

St Kilda - Adelaide, Carlton, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Melbourne

Western Bulldogs (have a bad feeling about this group) - Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Fremantle, Geelong

Think Fremantle will stay out of the bottom 4 due to home ground factor and their recruiting was pretty good.

The key for Carlton is that they play each of the likely bottom 4 teams twice.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
The double up games as follows;-

Carlton - Gold Coast, Richmond, St Kilda, Sydney, Western Bulldogs

Gold Coast - Adelaide, Brisbane Lions, Carlton, Greater Western Sydney, St Kilda

St Kilda - Adelaide, Carlton, Fremantle, Gold Coast, Melbourne

Western Bulldogs (have a bad feeling about this group) - Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Fremantle, Geelong

Think Fremantle will stay out of the bottom 4 due to home ground factor and their recruiting was pretty good.

The key for Carlton is that they play each of the likely bottom 4 teams twice.
The 4 matches between Carlton-GC-St Kilda could possibly decide the bottom 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
True, but to be fair, I don't see a quote from Carltin in that article that says "premiership in 5 years". "...sustained on-field success that wins us premierships" yes, but that's not actually "premiership in 5 years".

The "return to their premiership winning ways" ("winning a premiership in 5 years" implied) is Barrett spin for the headline.

The goals they have actually stated are IMO pretty reasonable for a club in their position. It's just their history that makes it lolworthy.

Clearly that would be open to failure. No one with a brain would state that as a definite.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Knowing Saints wanted to do the same deal with us as the Carlton one, and saints injury toll mounting hard, whose 1st round pick would you prefer right now?

Will be an interesting one to monitor

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Knowing Saints wanted to do the same deal with us as the Carlton one, and saints injury toll mounting hard, whose 1st round pick would you prefer right now?

Will be an interesting one to monitor
If McCartin retires as is being suggested, St Kilda have lost 3 KPP ......every chance they finish below Carlton now ....but you would still have taken the Carlton deal at the time & the likelihood is we'll still get a pick 3 or 4 ......you have to be happy with that

Apr 10, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
If McCartin retires as is being suggested, St Kilda have lost 3 KPP ......every chance they finish below Carlton now ....but you would still have taken the Carlton deal at the time & the likelihood is we'll still get a pick 3 or 4 ......you have to be happy with that

its for the best. the vics would lose their mind if we got pick 1. especially if we do well this year. 3 or 4 wont matter much.

Apr 1, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kilkenny Cats, WWT Eagles
I haven't lost hope that we'll still get 1 or 2. I'd still prefer Carlton's pick over the Saints.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Saints have a bunch of decent mature players.

They lack a couple of champions and smart coaching.

The only way they finish lower than Carlton is with a coach-killing meltdown.

More likely they plug away too good to draft top talent but not good enough to seriously threaten. For years.

JennyTalia

All Australian
Mar 24, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is McCartin retiring talk genuine? I hadn't heard that. Last I heard they were thinking of trialling him as a defender.
Too many head knocks I presume?

70lethal

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Saints have flogged Carlton lately
By round 10 highly likely they have Stevens and Hannebery playing and Carlton will have a few injuries and youngsters struggling.
St Kilda aren't going to miss McCartin. They got Bruce back and with Membrey and Gresham, Ratten has a forward line to work with, they will be better.
Carlton are only 1 or 2 injuries away from disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back